Author Topic: taser worked!  (Read 4353 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: taser worked!
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »
you have a lady speeding on what was described as a particularly bad stretch of highway. who when pulled over had that much attitude and stupidity and you'd let her go?  why?  what would you say to the lawyers when granny killed someone with her driving? how would you rationalize letting her go? i'd love to see her driving record. do you imagine granny didn't know that you sign and then fight it in court?
granny might be too stupid to drive.  and truly an awful fibber
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 08:58:32 PM »
Here is another thought:  If you substitute a 24 year old man as a driver instead of an old grannie and have him acting the exact same way, does it still look the same?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 09:02:22 PM »
notice granny lie  and her and the land shark both refuse to talk once the video was released

as far as why they didn't answer the door,   they got a settlment dependant upon certain conditions.

you have a lady speeding on what was described as a particularly bad stretch of highway. who when pulled over had that much attitude and stupidity and you'd let her go?  why?  what would you say to the lawyers when granny killed someone with her driving? how would you rationalize letting her go? i'd love to see her driving record. do you imagine granny didn't know that you sign and then fight it in court?
granny might be too stupid to drive.  and truly an awful fibber

definetly a bad fibber.  but in the emt world if they are alert and oriented x 3 they are on there own.  i sometimes wish that stupidity were the basis for denying a free right of passage.  keep the roads a lot safer.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 09:04:34 PM »
Here is another thought:  If you substitute a 24 year old man as a driver instead of an old grannie and have him acting the exact same way, does it still look the same?

this is the slippery slope of "one rule fits all".  even if it were the granny being the arresting officer and the 250 lb cop being the speeder?   the granny(deputy) could claim resisting arrest at the point the speeder yanked his arm away.  but at what point was the deputy threatened? why was the speeder taken from the car?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:09:46 PM by geronimotwo »

• friends
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 09:09:16 PM »
as far as why they didn't answer the door,   they got a settlment dependant upon certain conditions

she hid months before the settlement  she was scheduled for another television fib fest  when the video was released earlier that day she hid  and understandably so.  she should move  change her name
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 08:00:35 AM »
as far as why they didn't answer the door,   they got a settlment dependant upon certain conditions

she hid months before the settlement  she was scheduled for another television fib fest  when the video was released earlier that day she hid  and understandably so.  she should move  change her name

evidently she was smart enough to finally shut her trap.  easy to see why the officer would want to taser her.   just still don't see that it was justified. 

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 10:13:21 AM »
evidently she was smart enough to finally shut her trap.  easy to see why the officer would want to taser her.   just still don't see that it was justified. 

I've said it over and over in these threads about the foolish old woman.

She provoked a confrontation with the officer and then ignored his commands and was attempting to return to a deadly weapon. (i.e. her truck)

At that point, the officer can (1) taze her or (2) manhandle her and put her in cuffs.

To my mind (1) is the best choice.

Unless you think granny deserved a black eye and bloody nose and maybe a broken arm for resisting arrest. I suppose some people are that bloodthirsty.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 04:50:37 PM »
How about locking a Tazer collar around every elected official's neck, and setting it to shock him daily when his approval rating falls below 50%?
Great idea, but the cost of replacement batteries would quickly exceed our GDP.

• friends
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 05:49:24 PM »
i think we can et private funding for all the batteries we need

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 05:50:47 PM »
Where do I go to donate to that fund?  Is there a special box I can check on my 1040?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2009, 04:00:10 PM »
Great idea, but the cost of replacement batteries would quickly exceed our GDP.

Nah we can use nuclear batteries like the Soviets did in some of their pacemakers.
Look, tiny text!