Author Topic: anyone else  (Read 4359 times)

taurusowner

anyone else
« on: December 31, 2009, 08:17:38 PM »
anyone else by themselves for new years?  its just me and a half gallon of vodak tonight lol.   Nostrovia tovarishch!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: anyone else
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:23:44 PM »
Happy New Year!  Out to spend it with a friend.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 08:25:19 PM »
No, you are the only one whom no one loves.  You are so utterly alone.   :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 08:29:59 PM »
No, you are the only one whom no one loves.  You are so utterly alone.   :P

Nice part of being alone is that one doesn't have to face that one day you will be staring at a grave and knowing part of your soul is down in that dark cold ground too.   

Happy new year.  Be responsible, don't drink and drive!   Think I'll have a drink of sake
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 08:36:31 PM »
Nice part of being alone is that one doesn't have to face that one day you will be staring at a grave and knowing part of your soul is down in that dark cold ground too....Think I'll have a drink of sake

Well crap, I guess I need one, too, you cold-hearted cynic.   =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

PTK

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 08:37:19 PM »
anyone else by themselves for new years?

Yep. I prefer it this way, I think.  =)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 09:03:43 PM »
Just me and the kitty, and she's napping.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 09:38:45 PM »
Nice part of being alone is that one doesn't have to face that one day you will be staring at a grave and knowing part of your soul is down in that dark cold ground too.  

Part of life, in this era.  The only way to avoid facing some else's death is to die first.  The only way to avoid dying  is not to have been born.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 12:19:58 AM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 09:45:34 PM »
Yes, I am on vacation currently, in a hotel room in Atlanta. Went to see the Southeastern Railway Museum, Georgia Aquarium, and the World of Coca Cola. Excellent day. Going back home tomorrow. I highly recommend the Georgia Aquarium and I enjoyed the Southeastern Railway Museum. The Coca Cola museum was OK, and I had to visit it because I'm a diehard Coca-Cola fan.

I'm not going out tonight because I don't do the bar scene, and it's really bad traffic close in to ATL (Peach Bowl/Peach Drop). Traffic was pretty bad going in and coming out of the Aquarium/Coca-Cola museum area.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 09:53:29 PM »
Not alone, home with my wife.

Just watched Iowa State win against MN at the Insight Bowl.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

taurusowner

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 12:10:08 AM »
happy new year eevry one. heres hopimg my ex fiance chokes to death tonight hahaha

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 12:24:52 AM »
happy new year eevry one. heres hopimg my ex fiance chokes to death tonight hahaha

Vodka's awesome, eh?    =D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 12:29:06 AM »
I'm with the family.  My sister just got back from Utah with her new (adopted) baby... Yay!

Happy new year folks!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 12:36:00 AM »
Happy New Year, everyone!

SWMBO is in bed as she never welcomes in the New Year.  I, on the other hand, am staying up watching the boob tube (I may go back to the Stooges marathon), eating many of the wrong things, and drinking adult beverages.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Mike

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 12:43:37 AM »
Working and almost alone. My partner just comes in once in a while. The colder weather is keeping us a little busier tonight. Gotta keep the fires going lol. =D While I'm working and hafta to be up and can't party what the h*ll are all you folks doing playing on the computor instead going out and having a good time before you wake up and realize that this year is probaly going to suck just like last year! :O =|

Edited to add: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! =D

taurusowner

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 12:46:43 AM »
While I'm working and hafta to be up and can't party what the h*ll are all you folks doing playing on the computor instead going out and having a good time before you wake up and realize that this year is probaly going to suck just like last year!

it already is my friend, it alredy is. onthe plus side, i get to go shoot terrorists in a-stan this year.

Mike

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 01:23:33 AM »
"onthe plus side, i get to go shoot terrorists in a-stan this year"

Good on ya! :cool:

Stay safe! ;)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 10:41:37 AM »
I, on the other hand, am staying up watching the boob tube (I may go back to the Stooges marathon), eating many of the wrong things, and drinking adult beverages.

New Year's Day is nothing special in our family, never has been.  I stayed up reading until five minutes to midnight, then lights out.  Missed the festivities.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 06:47:53 PM »
We were going out for dinner and some fun at the local pub, meet up with some friends.  But Swmbo had a cold and felt crummy.  We decided to stay in.  She fell asleep on the couch at around 9PM and then went to bed around 10:30.  I sat up till about 12:15 AM reading a good book, then off to bed.  I didn't even have a drink.

2010.  Hard to comprehend.  I remember back around 1964, I was 21 year old rookie police officer, thinking my retirement date from the PD would be 2003.  That seemed like such a strange, foreign date and soooo long from then.  Here we are....2010.

Happy New Year all you cubs and pups.  May you have lives as interesting as mine. =) 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 07:07:50 PM »
I worked overnight, got some OT, and shared sparkling cider with my co-workers.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »
Do the voices in my head count?
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 08:47:57 PM »
Spent the night out with friends, then saying goodbye to them all since I'm moving soon.  =(
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 01:06:58 AM »
Spent the night out with friends, then saying goodbye to them all since I'm moving soon.  =(

What?!?!
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 08:26:53 AM »
spent the evening playing music for a dancefloor full of two-stepping, line-dancing country folk.

Happy new year!
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 08:58:49 AM »
Wife, kids and I spent the night at Great Wolf Lodge and indoor waterpark.  We were in bed and asleep by 11pm.  Up again the next morning and in the waterpark right after they opened.  Was it New Years Eve?   :laugh:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”