Author Topic: One of my worst hotel experiences  (Read 4271 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: One of my worst hotel experiences
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 11:36:29 PM »
Foam earplugs.  Seriously.  Some came packaged with the sleep mask I bought at the Mayo Clinic sleep store.  They work great.  They didn't look any different than foam plugs you might buy at a tool shop or gun shop.

I keep a pile of those in the nightstand. Sometimes it's hard to decide which is harder to sleep with, her snoring or the ringing in my ears.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2015, 02:43:31 AM »
I don't sleep well with earplugs.  Usually end up with an ear ache too.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

brimic

• friends
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2015, 10:01:25 AM »
I don't sleep well with earplugs.  Usually end up with an ear ache too.
Heck, I don't sleep well in quiet environments
 Because I can hear my tinnitus.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2015, 11:44:02 AM »
There is a really bad Super 8 in Havre, MT.  I was staying there once working on a project.  Kids were running up and down the halls, though it was early enough I wasn't going to complain.  Now, there is one really special architectural deal in this hotel - the doors to the rooms open outward into the hall.  I was heading out to grab some dinner, opened the door, and a 10 year old kid slammed into the door I had just opened, broke his nose, chipped a tooth, and was knocked out.  Little bugger must have been hauling butt.

Totally unintentional (though a little satisfying), but the parents were livid.  Felt bad for the kid, but it was the parents fault letting their kids misbehave like that.  They threatened to call the cops and have me arrested for assault.   Nothing came of it.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2015, 01:06:16 PM »
Case like that I would think the hotel/motel would be accountable.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2015, 01:08:16 PM »
Case like that I would think the hotel/motel would be accountable.

Probably, no idea if there was a lawsuit or anything.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2015, 01:41:37 PM »
The kid was just being a kid. The parents should have controlled him. And the design is stupid.

The most infuriating hotel experience I've had was in New Orleans for New Year's Eve, 1999 (to become 2000). I'd booked a $350 a night hotel for my ex and me. On the drive down, we both started showing signs of the flu my ex's sister had brought with her to the family Christmas gathering. By the time we got to our hotel, we were right in bed, sick as can be.

There was a fairly large group of younger people in the next room and in the room directly across the hall. They were having parties all day and all night. It was constant loud noise for almost 24 hours a day. We couldn't sleep at all. We complained, hotel security talked to them, they were quiet for an hour, then everything continued. By "loud" I mean yelling, music, the whole nine yards.

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2015, 01:46:20 PM »
The parent's assertion was that I timed it to try and get the kid.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2015, 02:22:12 PM »
I once had to take a room in a motel in Portland, OR where the desk clerk was behind bulletproof glass, there was graffiti sprayed on the bathroom walls, and I found a used condom on the  bed. At least I was able to sleep there, though.

If they didn't get you a fresh condom, how could you trust they'd gotten you fresh sheets?

As for Atlanta, Sherman was right on that one.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 05:03:23 PM »
If they didn't get you a fresh condom, how could you trust they'd gotten you fresh sheets?

As for Atlanta, Sherman was right on that one.

I slept in my clothes at that place.

As for Atlanta, I like it. Sherman's march was pure evil.