Author Topic: Where's the Biden gaffe thread?  (Read 2560 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Where's the Biden gaffe thread?
« on: August 29, 2019, 07:32:23 PM »
Here it is.

First up: Biden wows a crowd with a war story. The only problem is that it didn't happen.

https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/As-he-campaigns-for-president-Joe-Biden-tells-a-14399372.php

Biden has used war stories to celebrate military sacrifice and attack Trump's version of patriotism, built around ferocity and firepower. The former vice president, like Trump, never served in the military. But Biden's son Beau Biden, who died of brain cancer in 2015, deployed to Iraq as an Army lawyer in 2008, and the candidate ends almost all of his speeches with the refrain: "May God protect our troops."

Pardon me for not being impressed that his son was in Iraq ... as a lawyer. That means his son went to fancy schools, then fancy universities, got a law degree, and then got a direct commission into the JAG Corps.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Where's the Biden gaffe thread?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 07:36:48 PM »
Can the server handle the extra load from starting this Biden gaffe thread?  It's going to take a lot of resources given how large the thread will eventually get by the time the primaries roll around.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 08:58:07 PM »
It's reported everyday so folks get used to it as normal.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 10:53:14 PM »
It's reported everyday so folks get used to it as normal.
So Biden is playing the same 4D chess that Trump does?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 08:50:10 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 03:05:51 PM »
Love me some Mark Steyn.  I much prefer to listen to him than Limbaugh.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 03:13:51 PM »
Love me some Mark Steyn.  I much prefer to listen to him than Limbaugh.

Agree.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 08:38:00 PM »
Agreed.  Steyn has a great sense of humor. 

Rush is the same as he has always been.  That is both a good thing and a bad thing.  I have tried listening to this entire show when I was off and I usually get bored or tune it out.  After over 30 years you would think callers would learn to just say dittos and get to their point. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 09:25:43 PM »
After over 30 years you would think callers would learn to just say dittos and get to their point. 

After over 30 years, why would you think that?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 04:39:21 PM »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 06:47:38 PM »
So my flintlock would be safe as would my 1874 Sharps.
The Sharps is capable (I'm not) of accurately launching a 525 gr projectile out to a mile with lethal terminal energy.
I can cast my own bullets. I can make a useable black blackpowder. I'm only limited by primer availablity for the Sharps and other cartridge guns but I have a fairly good stock on hand.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2019, 01:01:37 AM »
As President, I will ban all magazines that hold multiple bullets!

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/09/02/what-joe-biden-says-hes-going-after-magazines-that-can-hold-multiple-bullets/

Does he realize there are guns that can fire 6 or more rounds between reloads, and they have no magazine at all?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2019, 02:59:07 AM »
Does he realize there are guns that can fire 6 or more rounds between reloads, and they have no magazine at all?

Sssshhh. Don't tell him.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2019, 08:31:34 AM »

Yes, but he'll be passing an EO that states you can only use them to fire through your front door.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 03:03:49 PM »
I wonder if he told his wife to load that shotgun with 12-gauge bullets ...

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 03:06:00 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-claims-he-was-there-3000-years-ago-when-isildur-took-the-ring-and-the-strength-of-men-failed

Just because it's awesome.

(Also I'll steal the best comment I had read on the article: "Snopes rates this article as "Tricksy" and "False")
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 04:00:19 PM »
^^^From the article:

Biden seemed not to have a very strong recollection of the events, however, claiming that Harry Potter then flew in on a broom and took the ring in order to drop it in an exhaust port on the Death Star to stop the Borg.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 08:28:35 AM »
So Biden is playing the same 4D chess that Trump does?

I look forward to your "Biden accomplishment thread".

False equivalence is false.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 08:49:59 AM »
I look forward to your "Biden accomplishment thread".

False equivalence is false.
;/
I suppose it is possible that Biden - like Trump - could turn out to surprise me and do some good stuff but I wouldn't vote for the guy.

Can you explain the false equivalence?  Granted, you were assigning the cunning to the reporting, not the gaffer.  Is it then true that media reports on Trump's every gaffe to normalize it?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 10:38:06 AM »
;/
I suppose it is possible that Biden - like Trump - could turn out to surprise me and do some good stuff but I wouldn't vote for the guy.

Can you explain the false equivalence?  Granted, you were assigning the cunning to the reporting, not the gaffer.  Is it then true that media reports on Trump's every gaffe to normalize it?

What narrative is spun about Trump's words?

What narrative have the press spun over the of decades of giving Biden the benefit of the doubt?

The press has spent three years with their hair on fire making *expletive deleted*it up and never giving Trump the benefit of the doubt, only ascribing the worst of motives to him.

What narrative is spun about Bidens words? He was still held in such high regard that he was their favorite to run against Trump.

When the press turns on Biden, and they might, it will become obvious just like the hatred of Trump is obvious. They will put him out to pasture nicely though, he was a good soldier.

I understand the discomfort you feel, having your bowtie all twisted up, by having Trump the propagandist leading the charge against the leftists.

It appears flyover country is tired of principled "conservatives" who conserve nothing except for their own pompous self regard while they lose and retreat in defeat under the boot of leftists.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 11:50:31 AM »
What narrative is spun about Trump's words?

What narrative have the press spun over the of decades of giving Biden the benefit of the doubt?

The press has spent three years with their hair on fire making *expletive deleted*it up and never giving Trump the benefit of the doubt, only ascribing the worst of motives to him.

What narrative is spun about Bidens words? He was still held in such high regard that he was their favorite to run against Trump.

When the press turns on Biden, and they might, it will become obvious just like the hatred of Trump is obvious. They will put him out to pasture nicely though, he was a good soldier.
So your big, deep, insight is that Trump is treated more negatively than Biden by the press?  After a few microseconds of introspection and contemplation I'll have to agree with that.

As far as Biden being "their favorite", I completely disagree.  He's not nearly left enough to be the favorite of the press.  He is one of the most likely candidates to beat Trump, maybe, but they've treated other candidates much more delicately than Biden.

I've seen it suggested here and elsewhere that Trump intentionally keeps up the tempo of the ridiculous things he says in a cunning ploy to distract from the things he's actually accomplishing.  The idea that Biden or people who support him might be similarly strategic (but nefariously!) with his own foot-in-mouth disease made me chuckle.

I understand the discomfort you feel, having your bowtie all twisted up, by having Trump the propagandist leading the charge against the leftists.
I have no problem with someone I don't like attacking someone else I don't like.  I have a problem when people insist we all pretend that if Trump is mean to people we dislike then he has no faults, or that we must ignore whatever minor, insignificant, nay almost undetectable faults he does have.

It appears flyover country is tired of principled "conservatives" who conserve nothing except for their own pompous self regard while they lose and retreat in defeat under the boot of leftists.
There's a lot to this that I agree with.  That doesn't mean anyone should pretend that Trump is gaffe-free, a valiant defender of True Conservatism, or at all lacking in the pompous self regard department.  You can praise the good without memory-holing the bad.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 12:54:57 PM »
Glad to see you are on the Trump train, even if tentatively.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2019, 01:05:43 PM »
Glad to see you are on the Trump train, even if tentatively.
Mmm.

Where he does the right thing I'll back him.  Where he does the wrong I'll oppose him.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2019, 01:19:51 PM »
Mmm.

Where he does the right thing I'll back him.  Where he does the wrong I'll oppose him.

That style of clear-minded thinking has no place in politics.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?