Author Topic: Condoleezza Rice for VP  (Read 8505 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Condoleezza Rice for VP
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 01:49:09 AM »
Rice? Recycling Neocons back into the White House? What the hell for?

Regardless of what Romney says his plan is, it will certainly include many points from the Obama plan, and the Bush plan: the financial sector will continue to wreak havoc and plunder by being fraudulent and unaccountable, the economy will continue its downfall, foreign military adventures will be perpetuated and expanded until they blow up in our face, what's left of the Constitution will continue to be ignored and ravaged. Surveillance and intrusion on American Citizens will increase, Rights will be eroded "for our own safety". Taxation by inflation never hurt anyone. Unrestrained Big Government good. Transparency and accountability bad.

I wonder if voters will snap out of it and realize that in such a diverse country of 300,000,000+, getting no more choice than either tweedle dee and tweedle dum is a half baked, half-witted, inane, outlandish proposition. But hey, you don't want to "throw your vote away" so you vote for some one you don't want to vote for at all ... that makes sense.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 09:26:53 AM »
But hey, you don't want to "throw your vote away" so you vote for some one you don't want to vote for at all ... that makes sense.

I'm definitely throwing my vote away this go-round. I'm just not yet sure on whom I'll throw it away. 

Condi Rice would really RINO up the ticket - and the ticket has enough RINO already. On the other hand, even though she is tainted by Bush, I have this feeling that the public is beginning to get a bit nostalgic for the days of Bush. For all of his faults, at least he was an adult neo-con and not a petulant Marxist.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »
NO you can't hold office. Your evil, elitist corporate slime who probably shipped jobs overseas.  >:D

Actually, I did. 

Mine.

Upon graduation, I was commissioned into the Army and posted to Germany.  So I guess I shipped my own job overseas...  ;) :P
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 04:56:42 PM »
Actually, I did. 

Mine.

Upon graduation, I was commissioned into the Army and posted to Germany.  So I guess I shipped my own job overseas...  ;) :P

Well, soldiers do get to mop floors, so that sounds about right.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 05:20:41 PM »
No elective experience and part of the Bush-NeoCon armada.  If Romney thinks he is going to play the "slot" game--woman, black, two points--and win he is too stupid to be running.

Condi Rice is a very smart and personable woman but she belongs as a provost in academia or something equivalent.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 08:35:58 AM »
No elective experience and part of the Bush-NeoCon armada.  If Romney thinks he is going to play the "slot" game--woman, black, two points--and win he is too stupid to be running.

Condi Rice is a very smart and personable woman but she belongs as a provost in academia or something equivalent.

This is absolutely correct too.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner