Author Topic: Clinton says she'll take the fight to the convention  (Read 14687 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Clinton says she'll take the fight to the convention
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 12:18:40 PM »
You go, girl!

PEACE FROG!!!
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 12:20:52 PM »
McCain was actually pretty funny on SNL about it.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 12:35:42 PM »
It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion... 
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 04:08:48 PM »

"That's right, fight amongst yourselves...."   laugh

Gotta hand it to him, he did pretty well on SNL. 

I still may have to get drunk to pull the level for him, though.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 04:35:49 AM »

For Obama, I think Hillary is going to be the Democrats Nominee. Just wait there will be some pedophile information or worse on Obama this summer.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 04:52:03 AM »

For Obama, I think Hillary is going to be the Democrats Nominee. Just wait there will be some pedophile information or worse on Obama this summer.

Can Sharpton finally be charged with something if (when) he deliberately incites riots as a result?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 05:00:44 AM »
I say keep fighting.  And when whoever is nominated loses in November the figure pointing can really start.  And hopefully neither one of them will ever attempt the chance again.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

taurusowner

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 06:38:10 AM »
Good for her.  Since when does a hockey team quit with 2 minutes left in the game when they're down by 1 point?

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 05:32:59 PM »
Ya know?  I'm coming to the conclusion that neither moron running in the democrat party will be nominated.  Right now the decision is which special interest group will the party PO; african-americans or women?  A third candidate with credentials, experience, and rock star reception would be in order.  I wonder who in the democrat stable would qualify.

Republicans have their own issues.  Chief of which is republican peeps are flat out sitting on their hands.  I saw a report somewhere the DNC is out raising the RNC by a factor of 10:1.  If true that represents an unpleasant November.  Meanwhile there are persistent rumors that the republican nomination ain't a done deal.  Who knows; this may well be the election for the peeps have had enough and actually throw all bums, including their own, out.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 05:36:49 PM »

So you have the courage to perform a repugnant deed or so you'll have an excuse for your vote?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 08:15:21 PM »

So you have the courage to perform a repugnant deed or so you'll have an excuse for your vote?

A little bit of both.  Tongue

I don't like any of them, but  McCain is the lesser of the three evils.  I'd vote third party if I thought that would do anything, but I don't think it will this cycle.  Ron Paul fell flat on his face (and had a lot of questionable stances himself), and I doubt the Libertarian Party is going to field anyone worth a damn.

So, I've become a very reluctant McCain supporter.  undecided
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 08:03:58 AM »
<Rubs hands together gleefully> "Oh, boy, this is gonna be great !" (from Animal House)

If Hillary can pull off a miracle at the convention and get the nomination, there are going to be a TON of disaffected Obama supporters who are not going to vote for her against McCain.  It's probably too much to hope for that they would vote for McCain, but this is waaaay Better Than Nothing (BTN).

I like McCain's chances better and better every day, especially after reading the interview he did with the NRA in this month's Rifleman.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 09:33:50 AM »
Did he talk about the "gun show loophole" in that interview?

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 09:03:25 AM »
Senator, gun shows have been an American tradition for generations.  Millions of law-abiding gun owners enjoy participating in gun shows in their local communities every year.  Over the past decade, there have ben increasing efforts by anti-gun organizations to shut down the American tradition of gun shows.  As you know, many gun owners were disappointed with your past votes on this issue -- votes they believe would have brought gun shows to an end.  Would you explain your position on gun shows, along with your past votes on this issue.

I appreciate the opportunity to answer this question and make my views on gun shows clear for your members and supporters.  As you mentioned, I have supported efforts to have NICS background checks apply to gun sales at gun shows.  I recognize that gun shows are enjoyed by millions of law-abiding Americans and, rest assured, I do not support efforts by those who seek to regulate gun shows out of existence.  I also oppose efforts to require federal regulation of all private sales such as a transfer between a father and son or husband and wife.  I recognize that despite the promise of a fair and instant check, the reality is that problems exist with the system that often unfairly burden lawful purchases of firearms.  I also understand that background checks at gun shows need to be conducted rapidly so they do not unfairly limit the ability to conduct lawful sales.  As president, I will work with the FBI and Congress to make sure that background checks are accurate, fair and instant.

Not what we want to hear, but he is up front about it, and not the biggest issue in the RKBA wars.

I have to look at it in the context of the entire interview, and I see that overall he is far more pro-RKBA than his Dem opponents.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »
I also oppose efforts to require federal regulation of all private sales such as a transfer between a father and son or husband and wife.

rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »
Ending "The gunshow loophole" is just another way of saying ending private transfers. It'll be a copy of Kali's idiotic law that all firearm sales between private individuals be through a 4473. And once all guns are on paper we have national registration.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 01:03:59 PM »
Senator, gun shows have been an American tradition for generations.  Millions of law-abiding gun owners enjoy participating in gun shows in their local communities every year.  Over the past decade, there have ben increasing efforts by anti-gun organizations to shut down the American tradition of gun shows.  As you know, many gun owners were disappointed with your past votes on this issue -- votes they believe would have brought gun shows to an end.  Would you explain your position on gun shows, along with your past votes on this issue.

I appreciate the opportunity to answer this question and make my views on gun shows clear for your members and supporters.  As you mentioned, I have supported efforts to have NICS background checks apply to gun sales at gun shows.  I recognize that gun shows are enjoyed by millions of law-abiding Americans and, rest assured, I do not support efforts by those who seek to regulate gun shows out of existence.  I also oppose efforts to require federal regulation of all private sales such as a transfer between a father and son or husband and wife.  I recognize that despite the promise of a fair and instant check, the reality is that problems exist with the system that often unfairly burden lawful purchases of firearms.  I also understand that background checks at gun shows need to be conducted rapidly so they do not unfairly limit the ability to conduct lawful sales.  As president, I will work with the FBI and Congress to make sure that background checks are accurate, fair and instant.

Not what we want to hear, but he is up front about it, and not the biggest issue in the RKBA wars.

I have to look at it in the context of the entire interview, and I see that overall he is far more pro-RKBA than his Dem opponents.

He just stated, categorically, that he supports closing the "Gun Show Loophole".

I also oppose efforts to require federal regulation of all private sales such as a transfer between a father and son or husband and wife.

So, what you are saying Mr. McCain is, the only sales you will oppose federal regulation of are sales to immediate family members, and you will support making a bloated, inefficient over controlling bureaucracy even bigger, yet somehow more efficient? Does that about sum up your position?

Anyone who buys into that double speak is a fool.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 01:23:37 PM »
If they start the transfer nonsense, I'm just going to register a corporation and all family firearms will become property of it. That also lets you get an AOW without local LEO approval, I'd thought.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 02:09:09 PM »
Anyone who buys into that double speak is a fool.

What double-speak ?  As you said,

He just stated, categorically, that he supports closing the "Gun Show Loophole".

I don't see him trying to fool anybody.  Contrast that with the Dems.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 08:45:03 AM »
WASHINGTON (CNN)  Supporters of Barack Obamas presidential bid are planning to demonstrate outside the Saturday meeting in Washington where Democratic officials are slated to debate the seating of the Florida and Michigan delegations at the partys summer convention.

The move comes days after backers of Hillary Clintons White House run announced plans to converge on the Washington, D.C. hotel where members of the Democratic National Committees Rules and Bylaws Committee are meeting.

Hillary Clinton's supporters are going to be bussing in protestors for the Rules and Bylaws Committee meeting, so it's critical that we show up for the counter-protest, wrote on organizer in a post on the Daily Kos Web site Tuesday morning.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/27/obama-supporters-planning-dnc-counter-protest/

Hee hee hee... Fight! Fight! Fight!  cheesy

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 12:57:53 PM »
Ya know?  I'm coming to the conclusion that neither moron running in the democrat party will be nominated.  Right now the decision is which special interest group will the party PO; african-americans or women?  A third candidate with credentials, experience, and rock star reception would be in order.  I wonder who in the democrat stable would qualify.

Republicans have their own issues.  Chief of which is republican peeps are flat out sitting on their hands.  I saw a report somewhere the DNC is out raising the RNC by a factor of 10:1.  If true that represents an unpleasant November.  Meanwhile there are persistent rumors that the republican nomination ain't a done deal.  Who knows; this may well be the election for the peeps have had enough and actually throw all bums, including their own, out.
I don't think anyone but the money raisers care about how much money has been raised to this point. There just is no reason for McCain to be out raising a lot of money right now.  The more money raised and spent by democrats before the convention, the less there may be available for the general election. If McCain is out begging for money now, he looks weak.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 02:43:01 PM »
If McCain is out begging for money now, he looks weak. 

Fixed that for you.   laugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 10:13:30 PM »

It IS.

NICS at gun shows equates gun registration.

Simple as that.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 10:26:09 PM »

It IS.

NICS at gun shows equates gun registration.

Simple as that.

How do you figure that? All it does it force out the private sellers, as they'd need the paperwork and have to call in every sale, and if they made one mistake on the forms, BATFE would jump on their head.