Author Topic: We're under the illusion  (Read 3996 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: We're under the illusion
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2007, 04:34:45 PM »
Thanks for making jnojr's point for him and substituting your sensibility for the sensibilities of the taxpayers in various & sundry school districts who want no part of such indoctrination.

So, if the majority of taxpayers in a certain local want your children to be "indoctrinated" in such a way, you're OK with it? Just trying to understand where you're coming from.
It is not OK with me and we have decided not to ever send our kids to government schools.  We'll pay for others to go to school (property taxes) and pay a premium (AKA, tuition) to keep the educrats' mitts off our kids.  I would much prefer a voucher system, if we are to have universal, taxpayer-supported education of the young.

Barring a voucher system, if the voters & taxpayers decide they want such indoctrination, I am a big believer that they should get it good, hard, & in their face.  Thing is, most every district where such indoctrination is pushed is done despite the wishes of the voters and initiated by the educrats.  That is why there is such an outrage when the parents learn that sort of shenanigans are going on.

I am an adult and have no problem working with folks of all stripes, to include homosexuals.  I understand that a small percentage of our population will declare themselves as such.  Big whoop, its just another fact to deal with as an adult, such as the existence of alcoholism, orphans, chomos, progressive taxation, and injustice.  Push such indoctrination on my kiddos, though, and the bonhomie I grant all will be dashed to pieces and be replaced with a significantly less welcoming attitude toward the pushers.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: We're under the illusion
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2007, 09:10:02 PM »
I've never said the pledge, and I'll be damned if I ever will.

I got in trouble for taping a copy of the Constitution to the homeroom wall, and swearing my allegiance to it instead of the flag.

Dover Area School District is just across the river from me.  Parents overwhelmingly revolted against having creationism taught in science class.  After Pat Buchanan's subtle warning that God would strike down York, PA and to expect no Divine mercy, students put up posters saying "In Darwin We Trust".  I just find it kinda amusing that a lot of posters here are annoyed at Liberals spreading their agendas (rightly so), I see relatively few objections towards more right ish agendas.   And I hear from liberals the same exact argument.  It just kinda amuses me.  Of course, both groups dislike when I meantion I don't think religion or views on alternative lifestyle should be acceptable material for public schools.

I don't understand how you've been insulted.  Nonetheless, would you care to explain why you swore the following oath:

"I, Balog, do solemnly swear, (or affirm), that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

You are not required to give that version.  They have a nonreligious version if requested.  Military makes an effort not to discriminate against anyone's religion.   The motto is "This We Defend", and that includes the freedom of religion.   Freedom from religion too.

The nonreligious 'version' I swore merely omitted the last four words. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.