Author Topic: Was it really worth it?  (Read 750 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Was it really worth it?
« on: December 14, 2018, 10:18:47 PM »
Indian national in the U.S. on a work visa convicted of sexual assault on a female co-passenger mid-air during a flight -- while his wife sat next to him and watched.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2018/12/13/prabhu-ramamoorthy-detroit-spirit-airlines/2292441002/

Tell me again why we need these people in the United States. I must have missed it the first time around.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Was it really worth it?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 10:28:03 PM »
Because diversity is our strength.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 11:47:05 PM »
This guy and his wife are scum.  Good riddance.  I don't think they represent all Indians (the dot kind.)

"It's good, though..."

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 12:41:58 AM »
Out of 1.3 billion people you are bound to have some aholes.  Most Indians I've worked with have been fine people.
Formerly sumpnz

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 06:10:45 AM »
Sure, why do we need to contract out sexual assault when there are so many Muricans who are so good at it...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 06:33:55 AM »
"Wretched refuse," in this case.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 09:21:14 AM »
So the high-tech industry can increase profits by bringing in lower-paid immigrant software workers on H1b visas. Since, you know, we don't have enough talented US citizens.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 10:37:58 AM »
Is the US economy for the American people or are the people for the economy?

He goes to jail, she goes home.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 11:09:46 AM »
So the high-tech industry can increase profits by bringing in lower-paid immigrant software workers on H1b visas. Since, you know, we don't have enough talented US citizens.

The Indian medical doctors that I've known (maybe half a dozen) have all been good.  

The Indian engineers and programmers (also about a half dozen) not so much even tho' their credentials are much better than mine.  But the high-tech industry doesn't care about that; all they care about is driving non-executive wages down.
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 11:21:06 AM »
To answer the question asked,

No

The unintended as well as the intended consequences are not worth it.

Time for a different plan.