Author Topic: TSA Inspector Damages 9 Planes  (Read 4558 times)

Unisaw

• friend
TSA Inspector Damages 9 Planes
« on: August 21, 2008, 08:01:19 AM »
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
TSA Inspector Damages 9 Planes At O'Hare

Nine American Eagle aircraft were grounded today at Chicago O'Hare after they were damaged by a TSA inspector according to ABC News. TSA spokesperson Elio Montenegro confirmed the incident occurred when an inspector was conducting an overnight security check and decided to see if he could climb on top of parked aircraft in order to gain entry into them. Unfortunately, instead of using a ladder, the TSA inspector decided to use the aircraft's sensitive exterior probes to climb up on top. Specifically the TAT (Total Air Temperature) probe was selected as a foot hold. No word on what type of aircraft were damaged but American Eagle pilots were obviously furious with this act and one was quick to post on an online forum, "The brilliant employees used an instrument located just below the cockpit window that is critical to the operation of the onboard computers." Another commented the TSA agents, "are now doing things to our aircraft that may put our lives, and the lives of our passengers at risk." Forty Eagle flights were delayed today as a result of the inspector's action. Montenegro assured that the "inspector was following routine procedure for securing the aircraft that were on the tarmac." Interesting tactic by the TSA as I guess a plane that can't fly is the most secure plane.

http://www.pointniner.com/2008/08/tsa-inspector-damages-9-planes-at-ohare.html

Our government at work...I hope that this guy and his supervisor are fired.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: TSA Inspector Damages 9 Planes
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 08:04:58 AM »
Easy fix, leave the pitot heat on. You'll be able to catch the culprit red handed the next day.  laugh

Edit to add, what a maroon!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 08:06:52 AM »
If I damaged aircraft flight systems, I'd be facing charges of terrorism . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 08:57:02 AM »
If I damaged aircraft flight systems, I'd be facing charges of terrorism . . .

The TSA have been terrorizing airline passengers for years now  angry
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:00:29 AM »
Idiot.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 09:17:40 AM »
Well, heck. I knew there had to be a reason we've been sending all those tax dollars to Washington, D.C.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 09:20:17 AM »
I suggest putting a large STEP decal on their foreheads and backsides. If you know your aircraft markings...

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 09:39:15 AM »
Just means greater job security for me.  laugh

I agree with leaving pitot heat on, though.  shocked
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 10:42:01 AM »
Somewhere, Muslim terrorists are crying themselves to sleep because they can never replicate this feat.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 11:11:50 AM »
Somewhere, Muslim terrorists are crying themselves to sleep because they can never replicate this feat.
Ah! Then this wasn't really a massive stupid on the part of the TSA dork.  It was, in fact, a devilishly clever plot by the TSA to make terrorists cry!

Well done, TSA, well done.

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 03:27:26 PM »
You know, maybe - MAYBE - #1 can be written up to ignorance, and forgiven, but how does he explain #2 through #9?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 05:02:14 PM »
Thousands Standing Around, all members of a Totally Stupid Agency
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 06:07:38 PM »
You know, maybe - MAYBE - #1 can be written up to ignorance, and forgiven, but how does he explain #2 through #9?

Maybe he couldn't tell he was damaging anything.

Anyhoo, this just proves, once again, that Germans really love David Hasselhoff the governments is awsome.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 08:27:42 AM »
Now the TSA is blaming American Eagle for this incident. 
http://industry.bnet.com/travel/1000169/tsa-damages-airplanes-blames-american-eagle/

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 08:33:53 AM »
Of COURSE it's the airline's fault, for Christ's sake!

Don't you know that?

It's their fault for continuing to operate such attractive targets of terrorist activity.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 08:34:15 AM »
wouldn't it be more accurate to say that tsa is still after american eagle for allowing a situation where someone got acess to the inside of 7 planes?   i can't find even in your link where they blame eagle for what the tsa dimwit did.. how long did he have unfettered acess to enter 7 planes? i believe thats what tsa had got their panties knotted over
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 11:39:54 AM »
AS cassandra's daddy mentioned, TSA wants to fine the airline. That's typical gov't BS...hey, we'll come and break your stuff. Then, we will send you a bill for us breaking your stuff.

Not to mention, but I don't even think commercial aircraft even have door locks, so that in a crash, rescue personnel could still get in. So, basically, TSA wants to fine the airline for something they couldn't have done anything about, anyway...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »
TSA wants security for the aircraft?

Fine. Post armed guards. Rules of engagement: Shoot to kill if the unidentified person or persons is not conspicuously displaying American Eagle ID. After all, hijacked aircraft are dangerous. We can't mess around with people who mess around with our aircraft.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 11:51:58 AM »
The TSArds strike again!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

• friends
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 11:54:39 AM »
all the airlines are cutting staff. or some union employee was off hiding who shoulda been watching aircraft. no way he shoulda been able to do what he did to that many planes.the original story smells like diversion from the union or airline.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 12:35:52 PM »
Huh?

1.  TSA is supposed to create the "Secure Area" of the airport, Nicht wahr ??

2.  TSA-Hole is allowed/authorized/permitted within that secure area, Yes ??

3.  TSA-Hole hoists himself up into airplanes that he's not supposed to be climbing into, Right ??

So yes, I can see how this is all the airlines fault.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »
do/did the airlines abdicate responsibility to tsa for securing their equipment? i'm asking  don't know

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 12:58:24 PM »
The TSA-Hole is not supposed to be climbing on the airplanes.  The only way to get onto the ramp area is that you have to have a badge that allows you to unlock a gate or door so that you can get there.  At least that's how it worked when I worked at O'Hare and Midway for Airborne Express.  My badges allowed me to go pretty much anywhere on the airport grounds.   But, I better have a damn good reason to be somewhere other then the areas we used for our operations, otherwise my badges and employment could and would be terminated.

Sounds like TSA-hole got bored and decided to go do a look-see, got caught, and is now blaming the airline.     

Besides if I'm Joe Airline-Employee and Mr. TSA-Hole flashes his badge/ID, who am I to say "You can't be here." ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 01:03:39 PM »
do/did the airlines abdicate responsibility to tsa for securing their equipment? i'm asking  don't know

I think what it is is that the airline has never been directly responsible for securing their airplane parking area.  That's always been the responsibility of the airport, now probably handled by the TSA.

As part of being given access to the flightline/parking area, everybody should be taught some basics about aircraft - like what 'NO STEP' means.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 07:37:52 PM »

I think what it is is that the airline has never been directly responsible for securing their airplane parking area.  That's always been the responsibility of the airport, now probably handled by the TSA.

As part of being given access to the flightline/parking area, everybody should be taught some basics about aircraft - like what 'NO STEP' means.

I believe most airports have airport police that is responsible for the airport grounds and such.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!