Author Topic: PistolPay  (Read 4558 times)

Waitone

• friend
PistolPay
« on: February 03, 2013, 05:16:44 PM »
The name alone will give ninnies a case of the vapors.

Seems PayPal created its own competition with its stance on guns and related products.
http://www.pistolpay.com/

And here is their marketplace.
http://pistolpaymarket.com/
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: PistolPay
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »
Smart move.  PayPal is the largest company in the market, so this should turn out well for everyone.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 05:35:47 PM »
Hopefully it works out better than the last one
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 05:52:10 PM »
Not run by what's-his-name?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:34:33 PM »
Not run by what's-his-name?

You mustn't speak his name lest we have weeks of C&SD muttering to himself.

Chris

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 07:49:40 PM »
I honestly can't bring the guys name to mind.

Hope this one works better.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 08:55:27 PM »

Chris

Lol
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 09:00:38 PM »

Chris

Lololol
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 09:07:31 PM »

Chris

I literally LOL'd. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 11:21:43 PM »
I don't see what is so funny about Cassandra and Sara's Daddy warning everyone about the massive fraud that many in the gun community took part in.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 11:47:42 PM »
I don't see what is so funny about Cassandra and Sara's Daddy warning everyone about the massive fraud that many in the gun community took part in.

Especially since (if I remember correctly), he himself was owed some money
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 11:51:32 PM »
Did you see it? It was funny.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 11:53:51 PM »
I am trying to look up a few things on www.gunrightsmedia.com about the Ben Cannon aka Artherd and that whole incident. Either a lot of things went down the memory hole, or their search feature isn't working very well.

Fistful: You are going to have to explain the humor to me. Unless we are laughing at Ben's pathetic life and attempts at fraud, which sadly worked.

The part where people posted pictures of him in women's clothing was pretty funny. The whole incident was like a small scale episode of American Greed. If so many people, including moderators on many forums hadn't covered for him, and so many others in the community hadn't taken part and benefited, it would have been funny.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:38:10 AM by DustinD »
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 12:12:36 AM »
These guys are making the same mistake as the last ones. They are naming it something gun-related, which is likely to limit their market.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 12:19:48 AM »
I am trying to look up a few things on www.gunrightsmedia.com about the Ben Cannon aka Artherd and that whole incident. Either a lot of things went down the memory hole, or their search feature isn't working very well.

Fistful: You are going to have to explain the humor to me. Unless we are laughing at Ben's pathetic life and attempts at fraud, which sadly worked.

The part where people posted pictures of him in women's clothing was pretty funny. The whole incident was like a small scale episode of American Greed. If so many people people, including moderators on many forums hadn't covered for him, and so many others in the community hadn't taken part and benefited it would have been funny.

It'll take a few hours to work through this thread.  Enjoy:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?89122-GPal-mess-Conclusion-this-company-is-dead
"It's good, though..."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »

The part where people posted pictures of him in women's clothing was pretty funny. The whole incident was like a small scale episode of American Greed. If so many people people, including moderators on many forums hadn't covered for him, and so many others in the community hadn't taken part and benefited it would have been funny.

Wow.  What moderators covered for the Ben cannon fail?  I remember threads being shut down because the same user would post over and over and over to the threads with no responses from anyone else.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 01:09:44 AM »
Maybe he's confusing THR/GRM during the Gear Pay/Gpal fiasco with Calguns where that DID happen.

But no, nobody covered for Ben Canon on any of Oleg's boards.
I promise not to duck.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 01:19:31 AM »
Wow.  What moderators covered for the Ben cannon fail?  I remember threads being shut down because the same user would post over and over and over to the threads with no responses from anyone else.

"Kestryl" (sp?) over at Calguns.  Mostly it was diverting all gpal discussion to one thread where Ben was allowed to moderate; he would delete or edit posts that contained complaints.  I signed up over there so I could watch it happen, resurrect old threads, ask embarrassing questions, etc.  But I had to be careful so I didn't get banned.  (had a lot of posts deleted)  IIRC, he also came over to the cast boolits forum and defended Ben (and got his ass handed to him) but I might be misremembering that.  There more, but it's before my time.  I think it's documented in that cast boolits megathread.
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 10:13:20 PM »

Not on APS, but on certain other forums there were almost constant assurances that everything was A-Okay. Right to the bitter end, when it became so blatantly obvious that everything was NOT A-Okay that no amount of lies could cover it up any more.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 02:12:52 PM »
These guys are making the same mistake as the last ones. They are naming it something gun-related, which is likely to limit their market.

This does make a difference.  From a PR perspective they'd be better off to make a general purpose payment system and just make sure it's known that they don't have the same restrictions as paypal.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 02:38:20 PM »
This does make a difference.  From a PR perspective they'd be better off to make a general purpose payment system and just make sure it's known that they don't have the same restrictions as paypal.
The way they did it is especially bad. Can't you just see all the questions asking if they will process payments for rifles or shotguns? :D
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 08:50:54 PM »

He didn't *quite* warn us.  It was more like several pages of harping about it, ex post facto.

Have fun !!!!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:09:42 PM by adively »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 08:56:26 PM »
I can understand deleting spam that starts new topics, but if a legit business operator is responding to threads we started because they were googling their own product, I don't see the need to delete the post.

Except in cases of extreme thread necromancy, which this really wasn't
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:00:22 PM by CNYCacher »
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 08:59:37 PM »
I didn't see the spam, it was already down the memory hole by the time I got and read the e-mail notification.  So I guess I helped revive it by posting. 

Mmmmm. Worcestershire sauce and embalming fluid. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2013, 09:01:06 PM »
I can understand deleting spam that starts new topics, but if a legit business operator is responding to threads we started because they were googling their own, product, I don't see the need to delete the post.

Except in cases of extreme thread necromancy, which this really wasn't

I gotcha, but invariably those types of posts are drive bys and on forums you'll never hear from em again.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog