Author Topic: "knockout game" CCW wins!  (Read 4571 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
"knockout game" CCW wins!
« on: November 22, 2013, 02:43:16 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/21/Teen-Playing-Knockout-Game-Gets-Shot-Twice

You've heard by now of the knockout game - where teens attack random people.

ooops  =D
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: "knockout game" CCW wins!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 02:46:56 PM »
Thought experiment time. Picture dozens if not hundreds of incidents of white teens brutally beating and even killing black people on video to post to the internet. Let's say they called it "monkey hunting" because they were only targeting black people by race. Now picture the media desperately covering this up and when that fails referring to it as a "game." I tried and my imagination just isn't good enough.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 02:57:40 PM »
Thought experiment time. Picture dozens if not hundreds of incidents of white teens brutally beating and even killing black people on video to post to the internet. Let's say they called it "monkey hunting" because they were only targeting black people by race. Now picture the media desperately covering this up and when that fails referring to it as a "game." I tried and my imagination just isn't good enough.

Really?   :facepalm:

100 years ago, exactly what you posted was a regular occurrence.  Minus the video and internet postings, obviously.  Not teens, grown men.  But the laughing about it around the BBQ after church would be about the same equivalent as the youtube boasting, I think.

Neither side makes the other right, and the multi-generational gap between events make claims of delayed vengeance or justice obviously false.

But it happened back then, and it happens now.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 03:17:44 PM »
Really?   :facepalm:

100 years ago, exactly what you posted was a regular occurrence.  Minus the video and internet postings, obviously.  Not teens, grown men.  But the laughing about it around the BBQ after church would be about the same equivalent as the youtube boasting, I think.

Neither side makes the other right, and the multi-generational gap between events make claims of delayed vengeance or justice obviously false.

1. This from the guy who was bitching that black folks got offended when he was talking approvingly of lynch mobs?  ;/

2. It was a commentary on the media, not... whatever the hell it is you're trying to demonstrate.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 03:26:22 PM »
At the risk of this going even further downhill, I will note that the KOG, which has been a developing trend for at least a year or more, didn’t get national attention until multiple Hassidic Jews in NYC were victims over the past few days.

Although I’d wager a string of gay/homosexual victims would probably have gotten the MSM into gear faster. They don’t have the “baggage” that prevents them from being the 100% perfect victim class, because Hassidic Jews have conservative religious beliefs, strict/antiquated gender roles, and are generally of above-average financial means.

Icky, but also enlightening to watch the mental victim/minority calculus of the MSM's collective consciousness laid bare for all to see.
I promise not to duck.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 05:09:53 PM »
1. This from the guy who was bitching that black folks got offended when he was talking approvingly of lynch mobs?  ;/

2. It was a commentary on the media, not... whatever the hell it is you're trying to demonstrate.

FWIW, I got it.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 06:37:06 PM »

"Knock-out game" is not a racially-charged title, so it detracts from your comparison.

Also, there is nothing wrong with the media reporting that it is called a game. If the "players" are calling it a game, then that is how they are thinking of it. That is part of what makes it so sick - that the people perpetrating these crimes are treating it as a sport.

Or is there some way this is treated less seriously by the authorities or the media, because of the "game" moniker?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:46:29 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 06:44:52 PM »
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 07:42:55 PM »
Really?   :facepalm:

100 years ago, exactly what you posted was a regular occurrence.  Minus the video and internet postings, obviously.  Not teens, grown men.  But the laughing about it around the BBQ after church would be about the same equivalent as the youtube boasting, I think.

I get you're not saying "turnabout is fairplay" but OTOH I don't get the point of your post.   Everyone knows about the lynchings that took place in the Jim Crow era of the south and the vile history of the KKK and other, non "organized" racists.  I'm not sure I'd even bother to equate the current events with those.    
No LEO agency is in any way condoning or covering up for the thugs behind "knockout games,"  while in the Jim Crow south of decades ago, law enforcement not only ignored much of the racist attacks, it quit often was covertly behind it if not an active participant.  In fact law officers often deliberatly engaged in activity to suppress black activism -- see Selma and other historical reference points.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 10:23:39 PM »
I view the KO game as further evidence of the dystopian future becoming the present reality.
The players happen to be African American youths but I sincerely doubt that they view it as anything other then an exciting alternative to a video game.
afaik in NYC the victims are Hasidic but in other cities its been a mixed victim selection, mainly it seems as if they are targeting easy prey they think they will be able to knock unconscious with one punch.

Of course, I could be wrong but ... I hardly ever am. :angel: :P
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 10:40:41 PM »
I view the KO game as further evidence of the dystopian future becoming the present reality.
The players happen to be African American youths but I sincerely doubt that they view it as anything other then an exciting alternative to a video game.
afaik in NYC the victims are Hasidic but in other cities its been a mixed victim selection, mainly it seems as if they are targeting easy prey they think they will be able to knock unconscious with one punch.

Of course, I could be wrong but ... I hardly ever am. :angel: :P

There are some anecdotal tales from the Milwaukee PD beat cops that the KOG has been black-on-black for some time, so I think your notion that it isn't 100% racial, and at least due in part to the semi-feral nature of the teens and early twentysomethings involved. However, I think that's also caused by the highly segregated nature of Milwaukee. And it's been expanding to the more "polar bear hunting" style over the past two to three years. Black kids KOG'ing may target another black person as a target of opportunity, but it seems that given the choice a white or Asian victim is preferred.

At it's root, I have to think the drumbeat of "BECAUSE RACISM!" for the past fifty or so years, both explicit in media and politics, and implicit in social programs, welfare, affirmative action etc. is the ultimate root cause of flash mob, wilding, and KOG behavior. "Whitey did this to me." just becomes a fundamental baseline assumption without any real logical evaluation if it's true, or if it's really their sub-literate unwed mother, and absent father, and their unwed grandmother and absent grandfather etc. etc. etc. that "did it to them."

Well, reconsidering for a minute, there's some truth to the gripe. Liberal whitey did this to them.  =|
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:45:09 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 11:05:17 PM »

"Knock-out game" is not a racially-charged title, so it detracts from your comparison.

Also, there is nothing wrong with the media reporting that it is called a game. If the "players" are calling it a game, then that is how they are thinking of it. That is part of what makes it so sick - that the people perpetrating these crimes are treating it as a sport.

Or is there some way this is treated less seriously by the authorities or the media, because of the "game" moniker?

"Knockout Game" is a media fabrication/obfuscation.  When it first surfaced, the name was "Polar Bear Hunting"  and has been since, uh, whitewashed.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 01:19:51 AM »
"Knockout Game" is a media fabrication/obfuscation.  When it first surfaced, the name was "Polar Bear Hunting"  and has been since, uh, whitewashed.

OK. I've been hearing about the "knock-out game" (by that name) for at least two years, now. What's your source on Polar Bear Hunting as the proper nomenclature?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: "knockout game" CCW wins!
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 08:23:09 AM »
I get you're not saying "turnabout is fairplay" but OTOH I don't get the point of your post.   Everyone knows about the lynchings that took place in the Jim Crow era of the south and the vile history of the KKK and other, non "organized" racists.  I'm not sure I'd even bother to equate the current events with those.    
No LEO agency is in any way condoning or covering up for the thugs behind "knockout games,"  while in the Jim Crow south of decades ago, law enforcement not only ignored much of the racist attacks, it quit often was covertly behind it if not an active participant.  In fact law officers often deliberatly engaged in activity to suppress black activism -- see Selma and other historical reference points.

lynchings were not as much a southern thing as you disciples of the msm would delude yourselves.

young reporter did a study , if i remember right his name was putnam

indiana was a big state as was illinois

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 08:30:23 AM »

OK. I've been hearing about the "knock-out game" (by that name) for at least two years, now. What's your source on Polar Bear Hunting as the proper nomenclature?

That is the term I first heard used a few years back.  Couldn't tell you the first place I heard it.  

Do a google on "polar bear hunting" and the first hit is SEP2009 post, four years ago.  The first five hits regard this sort of thing.  Hit #6 is the first one that hints at going out into the arctic and tackling actual ursuline foes.

Also, I read lots of current events and topics closer to the ground/origins and once they make the jump to the MSM I am not as interested.  When I first spied the term, "Knockout Game" in a search result or as a link to a MSM piece, I equated KG to the PBH incidents I had previously read about.  When issues make the jump from the undernews to the MSM, many times they get that sort of polish/treatment/whitewashing.  PBH --> KG is the sort of obfuscation for which the MSM has become notorious.  

Or maybe it was some reporting by Colin Flaherty, who just published "White Girl Bleed A Lot" about the growing phenomenon of black mob violence against whites, orientals, gays, and women that MSM organs were not covering.  

lynchings were not as much a southern thing as you disciples of the msm would delude yourselves.

damn phone

Indeed.  And not nearly as exclusively white vs black as has been portrayed.

The Tuskegee Institute has recorded 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites were lynched between 1882 and 1968
Rodney "Hang 'em High" King: "Can't we all just get along hang the lot of them?"

FTR:
In 2005, black murderers killed 7439 black victims (http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/bvvc.pdf).

I am too weary to calculate the "outrage discount" placed on recently murdered blacks relative to those who died up to, say, 1970.  I guess 3446 murders over 86 years is a tragedy, but 7439 in one is just a statistic.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 11:28:11 AM »

damn phone

1.)  I am not a "disciple" of the mainstream media.
2.)  Lynchings may have happened in many areas outside the Jim Crow south but, like it or not, they remain   primarily associated with the south. 
Certainly racism was a nation-wide curse.  In fact many other countries are cursed with it was well.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "knockout game" CCW wins!
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 04:17:34 AM »

1.)  I am not a "disciple" of the mainstream media.
2.)  Lynchings may have happened in many areas outside the Jim Crow south but, like it or not, they remain   primarily associated with the south. 
Certainly racism was a nation-wide curse.  In fact many other countries are cursed with it was well.
its that media driven association that i challenge

a disciple is one who carries the message

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 08:39:10 AM »
Just going to drop this here to see how much it can stir the pot.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2013/1123/Brooklyn-attack-arrest-Is-knockout-game-a-hate-crime-video

Seems when certain parts f the MSM get hold of something ....

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 08:47:09 AM »

damn phone
One of those shows I watched said the KKK reached the highest point of its political power in Indiana.  Maybe public power only.  At least until the leader was publicly caught doing some pretty nasty things.  Might have been the origin of the "dead hooker or live child" saying. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 08:47:39 AM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »

My post was tailored in response to Balog's, here:

It simply tried to demonstrate that there was no need for "thought experiments" or "imagination."  100 years ago, we had lots of white on black beatings, intimidation tactics, and even lynchings.  Not familiar with KKK negrophobic vernacular, but I'm sure that they had some colorful names for their activities.  Jigaboo hunting, monkey hunting, coon trapping, burning darkie, whatever.  And I rather doubt that the media in the time had a condemning tone towards those committing the crimes.  More than likely, they protected the powerful members of society that participated in these activities.  Remember, it was the democrats that fought against the 1968 civil rights act.  For decades.  And kept winning.

It probably wouldn't be referred to as a game, though.  If referred to at all.  More likely to be referred to as protecting society from contamination, misogyny, or other fears.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 03:35:52 PM »

It simply tried to demonstrate that there was no need for "thought experiments" or "imagination."  100 years ago, we had lots of white on black beatings, intimidation tactics, and even lynchings.  Not familiar with KKK negrophobic vernacular, but I'm sure that they had some colorful names for their activities.  Jigaboo hunting, monkey hunting, coon trapping, burning darkie, whatever.  And I rather doubt that the media in the time had a condemning tone towards those committing the crimes.  More than likely, they protected the powerful members of society that participated in these activities.  Remember, it was the democrats that fought against the 1968 civil rights act.  For decades.  And kept winning.
It probably wouldn't be referred to as a game, though.  If referred to at all.  More likely to be referred to as protecting society from contamination, misogyny, or other fears.

Yeah...OK I get that but OTOH society today is very very different from what it was 100 years ago.  
But, thought experiments are always interesting...not always accurate.

Not everyone back then "protected" the things the KKK and other similarly minded jackwagons did, or nothing would have been changed and we'd still be pulling that cr@p.

Save that, apparently, it's the "other side's" turn...... [tinfoil]

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 03:40:15 PM »
I will see that and raise you this: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/23/nyregion/knockout-game-a-spreading-menace-or-a-myth.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=4&

They quote two different sources saying, essentially, "There's no knock-out game going on in our particular city," therefore it is an urban myth."  :facepalm:

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 01:04:09 PM »

It simply tried to demonstrate that there was no need for "thought experiments" or "imagination."  100 years ago, we had lots of white on black beatings, intimidation tactics, and even lynchings.  Not familiar with KKK negrophobic vernacular, but I'm sure that they had some colorful names for their activities.  Jigaboo hunting, monkey hunting, coon trapping, burning darkie, whatever.  And I rather doubt that the media in the time had a condemning tone towards those committing the crimes.  More than likely, they protected the powerful members of society that participated in these activities.  Remember, it was the democrats that fought against the 1968 civil rights act.  For decades.  And kept winning.

It probably wouldn't be referred to as a game, though.  If referred to at all.  More likely to be referred to as protecting society from contamination, misogyny, or other fears.

Again, what the hell does this have to do with anything? I'm not talking about what the media a hundred years ago was like. I'm talking about the media today. You're belligerently contradicting a point I haven't even tried to make.

Balog: "The media is attempting to cover up racially motivated crime."

AZRed: "Oh please, the Mayans used to sacrifice people to the gods!!!"

I mean, sure it's true but not really relevant.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »
That is the term I first heard used a few years back.  Couldn't tell you the first place I heard it. 

Do a google on "polar bear hunting" and the first hit is SEP2009 post, four years ago.  The first five hits regard this sort of thing.  Hit #6 is the first one that hints at going out into the arctic and tackling actual ursuline foes.

Also, I read lots of current events and topics closer to the ground/origins and once they make the jump to the MSM I am not as interested.  When I first spied the term, "Knockout Game" in a search result or as a link to a MSM piece, I equated KG to the PBH incidents I had previously read about.  When issues make the jump from the undernews to the MSM, many times they get that sort of polish/treatment/whitewashing.  PBH --> KG is the sort of obfuscation for which the MSM has become notorious. 

Happy Slapping predates "Polar Bear Hunting" by several years and has no implied racial bias in name or victim.  It has a very similar MO otherwise.

Chris