Author Topic: "knockout game" CCW wins!  (Read 4570 times)

freakazoid

• friend
Re: "knockout game" CCW wins!
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »
Happy Slapping predates "Polar Bear Hunting" by several years and has no implied racial bias in name or victim.  It has a very similar MO otherwise.

Chris

SO is this something that has been going on for a while and has ramped up recently, or is it a case of the media is now reporting on it for some reason so now it seems like a major problem?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 10:03:41 PM »
I don't believe it has ramped up, merely changed names and maybe migrated to a new country (Happy Slapping was a UK thing).

Chris

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 09:37:04 AM »
SO is this something that has been going on for a while and has ramped up recently, or is it a case of the media is now reporting on it for some reason so now it seems like a major problem?

Little of both.

It seems that when a string of Hassidic Jews in NYC were targeted, it got the story "over the hump" if it were, of the MSM's default stance of downplaying any news that looks bad for black people.

And in the mix of stories are cases of the knockout game where the story only got local play or was only noted by conservative outlets or bloggers etc. and it's now being regurgitated for the cheap and easy chance to fill column inches.
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2013, 07:38:38 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2013, 11:58:13 PM »
At the gym tonight I caught an interview on CNN with a woman who was punched. She made it sound like more of an annoyance than anything. The reporter went on to say that in New York City, officials were viewing the attacks on Jews there as possible hate crimes. No mention of the races of the attackers in these "games" all over the country.

I love reporting by omission.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2013, 05:58:06 AM »
But when they do report the race of the alleged attacker it's RACIST!!!

And when they report the race of the alleged attacker and that the race of the alleged* victim as being different, it's RAAAAACISSSSSST!!!!!ONEONE!!!ELEVENTY!!!

stay safe.

* - Didja ever notice that one side is alleged to have done something (innocent until proven guilty and all that) but the other side is flat out, unquestioningly the victim even before it has been proven that the alleged perpetrator in fact perpetrated the alleged act?  Does that bother anybhody besides me?
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2013, 09:45:45 AM »
A society in which people think that punching random bystanders is acceptable, is a society that needs more CCW holders.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"