Author Topic: Nothing to Worry About Anymore - Obama is One of Us  (Read 5984 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Nothing to Worry About Anymore - Obama is One of Us
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2013, 05:50:59 PM »
Sporting Clays has many presentations, including ones that are launched near horizontally and low along the ground or even a "rabbit" clay that rolls edgewise on the ground.

Or he's just shooting at a flyer that he waited wayyyy to long on and isn't going to hit it.  =D

Okay, well I only shot clays once and that was with my stepdad out in a mountain meadow about thirty years ago.

I never could figure out how to gut them  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2013, 06:39:43 PM »
I'm not too familiar with the various clay/shotgun sports. but don't they, like - throw the targets up in the air ?   ;/

From what I understand the Camp David range is on a hill and the skeet are fired in a manner that often allows the shooter a near horizontal trajectory.
However, the last time I went skeet shooting we were shooting upward (and in my case over water).
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2013, 11:09:08 PM »
So why do we have what seems to be a very professional image of Obama with a shotgun that was taken in August (and I don't question that, trees are green) with the prez who's supposdly been shooting skeet often for the past four years, at least, looking like he's barely been taught anything?
 [tinfoil]

And taken only a few weeks after the Colorado murders?

Methinks the skeet shooting was a planned responce to the inivetible "demands for gun control".
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds