Author Topic: Nugent to Attend State of the Union Address  (Read 7662 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Nugent to Attend State of the Union Address
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2013, 10:13:43 AM »
He reminded me more of some banana republic dictator or president-for-life with a personality cult . . .

Actually an opinion piece this morning got it right. Not a dictator (except for the gun control part, which I wholeheartedly agree was cult-like). Santa Claus. He was giving a list of all the presents all the little kiddies would get for perennial Obama Christmas. He just failed to mention the part where elves don't actually make the gifts, the parents do.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »
Actually an opinion piece this morning got it right. Not a dictator (except for the gun control part, which I wholeheartedly agree was cult-like). Santa Claus. He was giving a list of all the presents all the little kiddies would get for perennial Obama Christmas. He just failed to mention the part where elves don't actually make the gifts, the parents do.

Aside from timing (Santa only brings presents one a year vs. once a month/daily) that's an excellent analogy, with free goodies coming out of nowhere so long as you behave as Santa tells you.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2013, 03:55:23 PM »
I keep hearing about them but I aint met a whole lot of fence sitters. Most everybody I run into has strong feelings one way or the other.

I've met a lot of folks who aren't terribly political and don't have strong opinions on most political topics. But since they tend not to talk politics (because they don't care, or because they don't like conflict with the folks who do care) they tend to not be noticed. And of course good old selection bias...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.