Author Topic: Ferguson getting hot again , 2 cops shot.  (Read 6561 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Ferguson getting hot again , 2 cops shot.
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 09:57:28 AM »
I would place some blame on the local prosecutor and political leadership as well.  My impression was they pretty much sent the message from the start that they weren't going to stop any of the nonsense. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 09:59:27 AM »
I would place some blame on the local prosecutor and political leadership as well.  My impression was they pretty much sent the message from the start that they weren't going to stop any of the nonsense. 

I agree, with the caveat that I'm pretty sure there were higher powers pressuring them to take that position. (Governor of the state in addition to already mentioned culpables.) That does not remove the local leaderships culpability, but it does mitigate it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2015, 10:05:42 AM »
So...all that is happened is Holder's fault?  While I am sure he (Holder) is guilty of flaming much of this, it is not all on him.

I believe some of the anger there and nation wide has to do with *expletive deleted*it like this:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/12/officer-pulls-elderly-couple-over-for-window-tint-then-things-suddenly-take-a-dramatic-turn/

There is plenty of bad cop stuff going on without good cops being thrown under the bus with the current administration.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 10:07:29 AM »
Cops should take a vacation. All of em
Lucky they didn't return fire

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually on second thought, yes.
They should take a vacation when holder/jessejackson/obama/sharpton or any other race pimp visits, and let the chips fall where they may.

Barack Obama

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 01:02:50 PM »
I just heard some self-professed expert on CNN talking about the fact that the cops supposedly think the shooter used a pistol because of cartridge cases found at the scene, and how he must be an expert shot to hit the cops at 125 yards. Apparently this guy has never heard of pistol caliber carbines.

Shhhhhsh, zipit, zip zip zipit.
7-11 was a part time job.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 01:12:11 PM »
That would be fine if their allies hadn't been stoking these flames for the past 30+ years. They may only be the latest in a long line of racial hucksters, but that does not absolve them of the guilt of this crime.

The guilt for this crime resides with the people who committed it, no one else. "Eric Holder made me do it!" is not a valid defense in a legal or moral sense.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2015, 01:17:28 PM »
Shhhhhsh, zipit, zip zip zipit.

I'm betting it was something more along the lines of a 10/22...
Pistol/pistol carbine/5.56 pistol.... reminds me of the Brady bill of the 90s- noone could manufacture standard capacity magazines so people stopped carrying neutered magazined wondernines and started using more effective low cap handguns in .357 and .45.

The remington 740 or SMLE gathering dust in the closet would be substantially more lethal in such circumstance than anything that shoots green tip ammo or a pistol carbine, though I'm pretty sure that neither of these rifles are common among the demographic who shot these cops.

Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 02:10:17 PM »
The guilt for this crime resides with the people who committed it, no one else. "Eric Holder made me do it!" is not a valid defense in a legal or moral sense.

No. Legal culpability for this crime resides with the people who committed it.

If I start (falsely) telling a guy how I saw his wife making out with some other guy in a car and tearing his clothes off as they went into his house for some "fun" and he goes home and kills his wife, do I bear any guilt for that?

Legally, maybe not. Morally, most definitely.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2015, 02:13:29 PM »
For example, THIS lady:

http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2008/11/perils-of-gossip.html (I will include a warning, because this is a pretty gruesome story.)

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 03:34:02 AM »
Legally and morally multiple people can be 100% guilty, and thus you can hypothetically have multiple people getting the death penalty or life imprisonment for a single murder. Likewise with conspiracy and aiding and abetting multiple people can be culpable for a single person crime. Just because someone is 100% guilty, doesn't mean there can't be yet more guilt.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2015, 01:48:11 PM »
125 yard pistol shots on human sized targets are VERY doable.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2015, 06:35:14 PM »
Is there any intel on the caliber, and how many bullets connected?  I was listening to the audio of a CNN broadcast, and I was more confused afterward than before.  "If you don't listen to the news, you are uninformed.  If you DO listen to the news, you are misinformed."
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2015, 09:17:29 PM »
Is there any intel on the caliber, and how many bullets connected?  I was listening to the audio of a CNN broadcast, and I was more confused afterward than before.  "If you don't listen to the news, you are uninformed.  If you DO listen to the news, you are misinformed."

It might be very hard to determine depending on how the rounds expanded, tumbled and fragmented on impact.  They know nothing more then approx bullet weight based on what is recovered. 

Oh, and as an FYI:  .38 Special/.357 Mag bullets are .357.  9mm is .356 (or is it .355 I disremember), so is the forensics guy really going to be able tell what it is after being shot from a gun and then entering a body?  I highly doubt it.   (Unless you shooting a big ,slow, heavy, military bullet like from a 6.5 mm Carcano....)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2015, 09:57:08 PM »
. . .  (Unless you shooting a big ,slow, heavy, military bullet like from a 6.5 mm Carcano....)
Those bullets can be magic . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2015, 11:44:06 AM »
125 yard pistol shots on human sized targets are VERY doable.

Especially shooting at a crowd sized target.  Several officers standing in a line on crowd control.
Not rocket science or super secret sniper squirrel shooting.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2015, 02:52:02 PM »
It's just now being announced, arrest made.  Charges filed.  Gun recovered (handgun).  It's a resident of the area.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2015, 02:52:59 PM »
Oh yeah, the accused was on probation for previous stuff and has confessed to firing the shots.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 02:55:07 PM »
Jeffrey Williams.  20 years old.  They're not saying that he was aiming at the cops.  They're hinting that his target MAY have been someone else.  Might be  something else going on, or they just might be being careful about what they claim.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 02:59:41 PM »
The police chief was asked by the press and answered that the arrestee is African - American.

2 charges of assault, 1 charge for firing from a car, 3 charges for using a firearm in a felony.  Apparently, he's claiming that he was shooting at someone else that he had a dispute with, but did not attend to the 4 rules of firearm safety.  The cops were merely his unintended backstop.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2015, 03:24:10 PM »
Apparently, he's claiming that he was shooting at someone else that he had a dispute with, but did not attend to the 4 rules of firearm safety.  The cops were merely his unintended backstop.

=| Is there any way that helps him, legally?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2015, 03:28:47 PM »
Apparently, he's claiming that he was shooting at someone else that he had a dispute with, but did not attend to the 4 rules of firearm safety.  The cops were merely his unintended backstop.

*cough*bullshit*cough*

Is there any way that helps him, legally?

Would not surprise me to see him get a light sentence.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2015, 04:14:06 PM »
Oh yeah, the accused was on probation for previous stuff and has confessed to firing the shots.

Surprise!

Jeffrey Williams.  20 years old.  They're not saying that he was aiming at the cops.  They're hinting that his target MAY have been someone else.  Might be  something else going on, or they just might be being careful about what they claim.

Apparently, he's claiming that he was shooting at someone else that he had a dispute with, but did not attend to the 4 rules of firearm safety. 

It sounds dumb, but also typical.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2015, 05:19:27 PM »

IANAL.  Howevers, if "hands up, don't shoot" got such a following, I would imagine "he wasn't TRYING to shoot them" could get a foothold during the pre-legal, or extra-legal phases.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2015, 07:36:31 PM »

Saw it on the news earlier. The angle presented was that he was firing in self defense, and accidentally hit the cops instead.

I think whatever Boomhauer was hacking up is contagious, because I feel it as well.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2015, 10:19:52 PM »
Read it was a .40

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I