Author Topic: Federal Judge Refuses to Block Florida Voter Purge  (Read 5455 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Federal Judge Refuses to Block Florida Voter Purge
« on: June 28, 2012, 10:03:23 AM »
This judge was appointed by Clinton. Just goes to show how far left this Administration is.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/27/judge-refuses-to-block-florida-voter-purge/?test=latestnews
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Federal Judge Refuses to Block Florida Voter Purge
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 10:59:43 AM »
This judge was appointed by Clinton. Just goes to show how far left this Administration is.

Uh. I have a large problem with this if they do not contact the voter to let them know they are being removed, and pull EVERY stop to verify that the person is not a citizen before removing them.

I know I'd flip my lid if some partisan hack removed my right to vote without notification or due process.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »
I agree, there should be verification, but both ways - both making sure voters are legitimate (e.g., via ID), and having documented facts to prove they are not legitimate.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 11:05:32 AM »
Rev, from what I was reading of the process (very cursory reading) there were *several* verifications that had to be made in order to purge someone....  But yes, I think contacting the voter to clarify should be one, if it's not already.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »
Uh. I have a large problem with this if they do not contact the voter to let them know they are being removed, and pull EVERY stop to verify that the person is not a citizen before removing them.

I know I'd flip my lid if some partisan hack removed my right to vote without notification or due process.

SCOTUS has ruled you do not have a "right to vote" in a presidential election. 
The government may not prevent you from voting based on your race, skin color, or sex if the state you're in has decided to use a  vote to decide the president, but that does not mean you have a specified protected right, per se, to "vote."
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »
Rev, from what I was reading of the process (very cursory reading) there were *several* verifications that had to be made in order to purge someone....  But yes, I think contacting the voter to clarify should be one, if it's not already.

Ah, apparently, this is not correct. Yea, I know, never trust a news article. But also, never trust a government employee to do more than the bare minimum. Some do, don't get me wrong. But the overwhelming majority do not.

"Instead, in April, the state sent out a list of more than 2,600 names to election supervisors. Since then, local supervisors have removed roughly 100 voters from the rolls for being non-U.S. citizens, though at the same time more than 500 voters have turned out to be citizens.

A survey of supervisors showed that counties handled the list differently. Some never even sent out letters asking voters if they were not U.S. citizens. And some never did suspend their efforts. Collier County election officials said on Wednesday that it has removed 26 out of 27 voters sent to them by the state. Some of those voters were removed because they failed to respond to mail requests for information."

If you think the government can operate an extremely critical database involving Constitutional rights with less than a 10-20% error rate, you need to pass the good stuff.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »
AH - Yeah.  I see some problems there, definitely...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 12:04:29 PM »
Don't worry.  This case will makes its way quickly to the SCOTUS.  I think we know how they will rule.  They will probably expand the ruling to make sure the dead are not disenfranchised.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 01:41:49 PM »
Would simply saying "Our voter rolls are hopelessly tainted, so they are entirely purged and everyone has to rejoin" be a better solution?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »
Would simply saying "Our voter rolls are hopelessly tainted, so they are entirely purged and everyone has to rejoin" be a better solution?
Yes.  It would also be nice if they actually required some effort to do so.  Honestly, if there are almost not barriers to register to vote, why should there be barriers to remove you? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

birdman

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 09:28:16 PM »
Wouldn't it be simpler to have to show ID to vote?  And have to be a legal resident to obtain such ID? 
Oh, wait, that waaacist.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 07:15:28 AM »
Wouldn't it be simpler to have to show ID to vote?  And have to be a legal resident to obtain such ID? 
Oh, wait, that waaacist.
Burn the heretic!
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 08:07:40 AM »
Oh, wait, that waaacist.

That's the way it works in Oklahoma.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 08:33:07 AM »
That's the way it works in Oklahoma.

And Missouri.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 10:33:11 AM »
Wouldn't it be simpler to have to show ID to vote? 
Sure - will a green card do?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 11:17:08 AM »
Don't worry.  This case will makes its way quickly to the SCOTUS.  I think we know how they will rule.  They will probably expand the ruling to make sure the dead are not disenfranchised.
Obviously. Anything else would be pro-vitalism. Undead, yes! Unperson, no!
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 02:03:08 PM »
Don't worry, the disenfranchised don't need to vote, the Left will do it for them--and better (and more frequently).
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 03:33:45 PM »
I support the FL purge in general.  If a voter is purged from the registration roles, they can still vote but they will probably have to provide documentation that they are qualified to vote.

I suspect that many states will be asking for new registration information to update their voter registration roles in the coming years.  I support the municipalities or states cleaning up their lists to reduce the potential for voter fraud.

Added:  Received a new voter registration card today.  I would assume if you live at an address that has not been updated (aka, you moved), then you would not receive the new card.  A photo ID is required to vote.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:19:51 PM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)