Author Topic: Feds have sticky fingers  (Read 1257 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Feds have sticky fingers
« on: March 30, 2015, 02:46:42 PM »
Cops investigating Silk Road apparently go large in thefts
Now I wonder how they got caught
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2015/03/30/doj-these-federal-officials-stole-bitcoins-from-silk-road-while-investigating-silk-road/?hpid=z4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Feds have sticky fingers
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 03:03:09 PM »
Cops investigating Silk Road apparently go large in thefts

This could get entertaining; it's not "beat cop on perimeter duty who won't be needed in court found lifting a couple bills from the speakeasy's till during a raid" it's "key investigator pockets enough for a couple of nice houses."

The amusing part is that it not only calls their plausibility into question, but their qualification as well; this is supposed to be a top Fed digital forensics guy and he couldn't hide a Bitcoin transaction.  It's like a banker getting a couple million in untraceable bills and dropping it into his regular checking account.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 03:07:26 PM »
And if his testimony was a key part of case...... It's at the very least greatly diminished if not completely worthless now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »
he couldn't hide a Bitcoin transaction.

[popcorn]
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 04:10:46 PM »
My faith has not been shaken.  The Secret Service guy just outright stole bitcoins (and then lost them).  The DEA guy used extortion.

Nothing unusual to see here, folks.  Move on along, please.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 04:34:59 PM »
And if his testimony was a key part of case...... It's at the very least greatly diminished if not completely worthless now.

Not just his testimony; if Silk Road's lawyers are any good, any testimony that even remotely relies on anything he might have been able to mess with.  Considering pretty much all the evidence is data pulled from the internet, that's likely to be all of it.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 06:18:08 PM »
Feds have sticky fingers. And.....the sun will rise in the east tomorrow.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 02:59:05 PM »
Feds have sticky fingers. And.....the sun will rise in the east tomorrow.

Since they say the North Pole is supposed to melt, I thought it might be moving North.   =|
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge