Author Topic: Federal Informers or Agents Provocateur?  (Read 2667 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Federal Informers or Agents Provocateur?
« on: October 26, 2016, 10:13:08 PM »
Nine Federal Informants Took Part in Bundy Occupation

How do you tell government informants from agents provocateur?

Defense lawyers rested in the Oregon standoff case Monday after they called a witness who confirmed he was an informant for the FBI and acknowledged that he infiltrated the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and supervised the shooting range for several days...

Minoggio was one of 15 confidential informants who fed the FBI information about the occupiers, testimony showed.

Nine of the 15 were at the refuge for various lengths of time between Jan. 4 and Jan. 26, according to a statement that Assistant U.S. Attorney Craig Gabriel read to jurors...

“We are dealing here with a situation of a confidential informant who is participating in the commission of the alleged offense,” defense lawyer Marcus Mumford said in court....

Assistant U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Barrow said prosecutors aren’t obligated to disclose any information identifying informants. …

I can't recall how many Bundy-ites in total were at "Occupy BFE," but 9 sounds like a sizable fraction.

It is a wonder that the FBI can find any anti-gov or terrorist types without helping them along. 

Quote from: from the comments
Q: How can you spot the undercover FBI informant in a militia group?

A: He’s the only one who knows how to get his hands on real dynamite.

————–

Q: How can you spot the undercover FBI informant in a KKK meeting?

A: He’s the only one whose dues are paid in full for the whole year.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

De Selby

• friend
Re: Federal Informers or Agents Provocateur?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 10:17:23 PM »
This is the sort of thing that makes me think we need an entrapment defends that is a lot stronger than what exists now.  It's ridiculous to foment a conspiracy and then blame participants for going along.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 10:51:13 PM »
It is a wonder that the FBI can find any anti-gov or terrorist types without helping them along. 

Or creating them.

E-N-T-R-A-P-M-E-N-T
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 08:21:57 AM »
I remember one '60s "activist" saying it was easy to recognize the .gov informant - he was always the one most vocal about blowing stuff  up. (mostly draft boards and recruiting offices)

After the OKC bombing when the media tried to hard to tie McVeigh to a "militia" . . . so many undercover .gov agents were signing up for "militias" that at least one of them sought formal recognition as a government agency.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 08:41:42 AM »
There is a very prescient comment in there:

We are all only consuming resources from Tom Wolfe’s world.

Sadly accurate.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 09:13:07 AM »
Univ of md late 60's a conspiracy charge died in court when it turned out there was a fed a state trooper and one student in the conspiracy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 09:15:08 AM »
In the Oregon case the buddy's are gonna lose unless th y can prove those dirty Feds tricked them into going there even after the ranchers they anointed themselves to hunt told em no thanks.
I think they enjoyed the spotlight and fame on dads place and became roving rebels looking for a cause. It beats regular jobs

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 07:46:52 PM »
In the Oregon case the buddy's are gonna lose unless th y can prove those dirty Feds tricked them into going there even after the ranchers they anointed themselves to hunt told em no thanks.
I think they enjoyed the spotlight and fame on dads place and became roving rebels looking for a cause. It beats regular jobs

The jury just voted to acquit all of them

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/oregon_standoff_verdicts_annou.html
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 07:51:26 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/oregon_standoff_verdicts_annou.html

It's likely that they all saw this as political protest and not violence
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 07:57:14 PM »

Best news of the week.

The comments alone are worth a read.  The left is losing it's *expletive deleted*it.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 08:06:13 PM »
http://rats-nosnitch.com/

Snitches are everywhere and they're hard to detect. This brief, FREE ebook, Rats, can help you:

Identify a snitch
    Protect yourself against snitches and agents provocateurs
    Protect your friends or colleagues
    Know how to handle yourself if you get arrested

It could even help you avoid being pressured into becoming a snitch, yourself.

Claire Wolfe.  Linkage to this showed up in my BookFace this morning.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 08:11:39 PM »
Best news of the week.

The comments alone are worth a read.  The left is losing it's *expletive deleted*it.

My view on this is that we should protect the right to free speech, but I don't recognise these turkeys' purported right to use public land for their own private purposes.

Wild areas should be preserved for all of us to use as recreation and appreciation sites.  The Bundy's self serving theory of title is complete crap. 

Of course that doesn't mean the ninja gear should come out to deal with them.  The .gov should handle it as a civil matter.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 08:20:46 PM »
Interesting - why would they need six Marshals to do this to an attorney asking a question?

The coda to the stunning verdict, undoubtedly a significant blow to federal prosecutors, was when Ammon Bundy's lawyer Marcus Mumford argued that his client, dressed in a gray suit and white dress shirt, should be allowed to walk out of the court, a free man.

U.S. District Judge Anna J. Brown told him that there was a U.S. Marshal's hold on him from a pending federal indictment in Nevada.

"If there's a detainer, show me,'' Mumford stood, arguing before U.S. District Judge Anna J. Brown.

Suddenly, a group of about six U.S. Marshals surrounded Mumford at his defense table and grabbed on to him.

"What are you doing?'' Mumford yelled, as he struggled and was taken down to the floor.

As deputy marshals yelled, "Stop resisting,'' the judge demanded, "Everybody out of the courtroom now!''

Mumford was taken into custody, a member of his legal team confirmed.

Ammon Bundy's lawyer J. Morgan Philpot, said afterwards on the courthouse steps that Mumford had been arrested and a taser had been used on him. That could not be independently confirmed.

ETA: I added the first sentence to the quote, otherwise it sounds like the lawyer was the one with the hold. He was actually speaking for Bundy.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:04:29 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 08:33:25 PM »
Ben, I saw that too - something *very* fishy there.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 09:00:16 PM »
Interesting - why would they need six Marshals to do this to an attorney asking a question?

While I'm generally not opposed to tasering lawyers, this incident seems a bit uncalled for.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 09:06:28 PM »
My view on this is that we should protect the right to free speech, but I don't recognise these turkeys' purported right to use public land for their own private purposes.

Wild areas should be preserved for all of us to use as recreation and appreciation sites.  The Bundy's self serving theory of title is complete crap.  

Of course that doesn't mean the ninja gear should come out to deal with them.  The .gov should handle it as a civil matter.

fortunately,  I don't give two shits what you think.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 09:10:54 PM »
And with that we close the thread.  This is why we can't have nice things.

Chris