Author Topic: And Nebraska makes 27?  (Read 5276 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
And Nebraska makes 27?
« on: April 20, 2023, 04:57:30 PM »
I guess most of you know that Florida is set to bring us to 26 states that don't require a permit for self-defense. It looks like Nebraska will follow, this coming Tuesday.

https://crimeresearch.org/2023/04/nebraska-becomes-the-27th-constitutional-carry-state/

Florida's law takes effect in July, and Nebraska's on 10 Sept. So by Sept. 11th, we'll have 27 states.

Obviously, this 11 Sept will be Nebraska's 9-11. Mass murder and mayhem.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
Re: And Nebraska makes 27?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 05:01:33 PM »
Obviously, this 11 Sept will be Nebraska's 9-11. Mass murder and mayhem.
Is that anything like a 1/6?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 05:05:48 PM »
Congratulations to Nebraska.  I heard the bill was going to the Gov, but hadn't heard if it was signed.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 05:18:11 PM »
Is that anything like a 1/6?

Oh, come on. Is there really anything as terrible as a 1/6? AOC was un-democracied to death, for crying out loud.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 05:21:40 PM »

Oh, come on. Is there really anything as terrible as a 1/6? AOC was un-democracied to death, for crying out loud.

How dare you?!? Over 700 billion people died on 06JAN, and you make AOC jokes. Shame on you.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 09:40:13 PM »
How dare you?!? Over 700 billion people died on 06JAN...

And that's just the police officers.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2023, 09:58:02 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/31/politics/gun-law-grades-by-state-what-matters/index.html

Most states get an ‘F’ on gun laws this year

CNN and Griftords haz a sad. But it's due to get worse.  =)

Florida, which is all but a red state in terms of politics, still gets a C- from Giffords. North Carolina, which went for former President Donald Trump in 2020, gets a C from Giffords, although both states could see lower grades next year.

Nebraska, with a solid C, is another red state that gets a passing grade from Giffords and is the only red state with one of the 10 lowest gun death rates.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2023, 09:10:56 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2023, 10:04:16 AM »
Great news! Nebraska is one of the states that had me scratching my head. I always figured it would be an "early adopter", and then I slowly learned that they apparently have a pretty big libtard contingent. Just not a state that I would figure on having any blue power. Sort of like how the Carolinas still confuse me in that regard.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2023, 12:34:12 AM »
Cornhuskers Rejoice: Nebraska Constitutional Carry Begins Today
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/cornhuskers-rejoice-nebraska-constitutional-carry-begins-today/

Look at all that "fertilizer" running down the street !  What a waste !  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2023, 10:30:53 AM »
Great news! Nebraska is one of the states that had me scratching my head. I always figured it would be an "early adopter", and then I slowly learned that they apparently have a pretty big libtard contingent. Just not a state that I would figure on having any blue power. Sort of like how the Carolinas still confuse me in that regard.

FDR “saved” the farmers in the depression.  They didn’t let go of the loyalty to the democrats for a looooong time.  Plus the democrats have consistently pushed farming subsidies plus the ethanol mandate.
Formerly sumpnz

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2023, 04:11:04 PM »
Mayor of Omaha signed a exec order banning permitless carry in much of the city including any land owned or leased by the city and also allows business owners to enact their own ban within their businesses.
Not sure this will stand against state law.

Mayor's Executive Order Cancels New Permitless Carry Law
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwM-XXn6s2I
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 05:58:37 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2023, 05:51:52 PM »
So the mayor of Omaha is a dictator?  He can make law by executive order?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2023, 06:06:42 PM »
I guess he thinks he is

From the NRA

On Wednesday, August 30th, Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert signed an executive order banning all firearms on city property, which the order defines as “…all City managed buildings/facilities/parks/public spaces and surrounding areas such as sidewalks, driveways, and parking lots under the City’s control.” Signs prohibiting the possession of firearms will be conspicuously placed at entrances to buildings, parking lots, and prominent locations to prevent law-abiding citizens from exercising their rights at these locations. The only exceptions to this order are for law enforcement, contracted security personnel, recreational shotgun use at the Harry A. Koch Trap & Skeet facility, and those granted exemption by the Chief of Police.

This executive action was taken following a move by the city council to strike the previous city ordinances on firearms. This was done to comply with the new statewide preemption law that takes effect on Saturday, along with constitutional carry.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20230901/nebraska-omaha-mayor-signs-anti-gun-executive-order-ahead-of-constitutional-carry

So lets see how the state reacts by this mayor going rogue
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 07:48:06 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2023, 06:08:31 PM »
More from from a local news site
City attorney Matt Khuse told 6 News while Omaha has no option to abide by the state’s new permitless concealed carry law, city officials are prioritizing public safety

“There is a concern about the public feeling safe using our public spaces and wanting to be free from any type of worry or concern,” Khuse said.

Now, like public properties, businesses have the option to decide whether they want to allow concealed firearms on private property.

If they decide to ban any type of concealed weapon, a sign needs to be placed at the entrance or outside.

The mayor signed an executive order Tuesday, but it had a technical error. 6 News was told the mayor will sign a revised one and it will be released publicly on Thursday.
https://www.wowt.com/2023/08/30/mayor-signs-executive-order-banning-concealed-firearms-all-city-properties/

So basically they're thumbing his nose at the state government.

Seeing this in other cities in other states including Indianapolis
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2023, 06:14:37 PM »
and those granted exemption by the Chief of Police.

Sounds like the good old boy political favor system similar to concealed permits that I thought the SC not that long ago kiboshed.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2023, 06:26:42 PM »
Mayor of Louisville keeps hinting he want to do the same here
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2023, 07:41:04 PM »

So lets see how the state reacts by this mayor going rouge

Meh.  All this LGBQWERTY stuff and people won't care too much about a mayor wearing make-up.

Not like he went rogue or anything.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2023, 07:49:44 PM »
So lets see how the state reacts by this mayor going rouge

Meh.  All this LGBQWERTY stuff and people won't care too much about a mayor wearing make-up.

Not like he went rogue or anything.

Rouge One: A fluid Star Wars story.
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2023, 02:35:37 PM »
I guess he thinks he is.

From the NRA
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20230901/nebraska-omaha-mayor-signs-anti-gun-executive-order-ahead-of-constitutional-carry

So lets see how the state reacts by this mayor going rogue.

What was interesting was the line in your blue-boxed quote stating: "and prominent locations to prevent law-abiding citizens from exercising their rights at these locations."
Another law for crims to ignore.
  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2023, 07:43:07 AM »
He's still at it

Omaha’s mayor signed the last of two new gun-related ordinances and resolutions aimed at carving out some local tools against gun violence after the Nebraska Legislature cracked down on cities with stricter local gun ordinances than state law.

The newest ordinance bans “bump stocks” or trigger activators. The Omaha City Council passed it 6-1 on Tuesday, with Don Rowe opposed. Mayor Jean Stothert signed it Thursday. The council banned gun-building kits and passed two other gun-related resolutions on Oct. 31.
Omaha mayor signs bump stock ban, joining city curb on gun kits
https://nebraskaexaminer.com/2023/11/19/omaha-mayor-signs-bump-stock-ban-joining-city-curb-on-gun-kits/

Omaha Mayor Signs Illegal Bump Stock Ban
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2023/11/21/omaha-mayor-signs-illegal-bump-stock-ban-n77534
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2023, 08:50:09 AM »
Do you think they really believe carving out small geographic areas that are hostile to legal gun owners will make those locales safer?

I don't.

Most cities are ruled by evil, not dumb, naïve or the misled, but evil.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 09:57:14 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2023, 09:03:38 AM »
Do you think they really believe carving out small geographic areas that are hostile to legal gun owners will make those locales safer?

I don't.

Most cities are ruled by evil, not dumb, naïve or the misled but evil.

Like much that the left does it's not the actual results, which will always be blamed on the right by their trusty lapdog media, that matter but the virtual signaling points that matters.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2023, 10:00:23 AM »
The droning (on) of the media targeting the people of the USA with propaganda is a war crime.

It's all so tedious.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.