Author Topic: Ann Coulter's non-remark about John Edwards  (Read 8040 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Ann Coulter's non-remark about John Edwards
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
I thought Mahr had at least slightly more self-respect than that. Ah-well.

All politics aside, your expectations of the man are too high.  He strikes me very much as a hollow, craven individual, obsessed with sexual lust and desperate to appear intelligent via contrarianism. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2007, 09:15:05 PM »
and desperate to appear intelligent via contrarianism. 

sounds like Ann Coulter to me
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 09:36:42 PM »
The biggest problem with Coulter's remarks isn't what she said but where she said them.  That being CPAC and not some college or some place where her remarks would be taken as the joke that they probably were.  Unfortunately for her, CPAC is a bit more mature than that and most of the Republican Presidential candidates were in attendance.  Excepting McCain, who, obviously, had more pressing matters to which he needed to attend.

Oh pshaw, watch the video, the people laughed.  While not the funniest thing I heard that day it was easily recognizeable as being intended humerously. 

I'd agree with Rabbi, but I'm alittle afraid she would eat me afterwards.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2007, 10:54:56 PM »
I'd do her.

Me too, Adam's apple or not. shocked
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 01:15:56 AM »
I wish I had said that becuz it is very true

All politics aside, your expectations of the man are too high.  He strikes me very much as a hollow, craven individual, obsessed with sexual lust and desperate to appear intelligent via contrarianism.

That is the most accurate description of Maher ever spoken.

Now, back to topic.  All the kids today say "gay" as an insult meaning wimpy, hollow, unsubstancial.
It is not homophobic in the slightest.
I.E like South Park said, the 911 truthers are "gay" not meaning homosexual but ...plain idiots.
*Not nice word for gay men* is a lot harsher of a term and is very mean spirited, it was funny when that guy from "greys anatomy" said it.  But for some reason it didn't work when Anne did it.
I think she flopped this time.
I lover her anyway.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 01:26:30 AM »
I'd do her.

Boy, you're going to have a rough time when there's finally a "crying game" moment involving Coulter...

But hey, if you'd do trannies, that's your business, not mine.  smiley

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 02:07:24 AM »
Calling someone a "*Not nice word for gay men*" adds nothing meaningful to the political debate in this country.  Coulter is a worthless shock-jock.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 02:53:08 AM »
"Shock jock"!  Good one, jamis.

A spoiled rich girl who after daddy put her through law school decided to become a poison pen so she wouldn't have to work so hard.  Typical East Coast Eloi considers a personal insult a political point. rolleyes
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 03:01:31 AM »
and desperate to appear intelligent via contrarianism. 

sounds like Ann Coulter to me

No, she just wants to appear hard-core.  Coulter isn't a contrarian, she's a doctrinaire rightist.  Maher, on the other hand, talked like a conservative in the Clinton years and then went full-bore to the left for the Bush era.  He'll change his tune again if Democrats keep their hold on Congress and snag the White House. 

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007, 07:18:31 AM »
Coulter generally makes good, insightful points, points which are generally overlooked (if not deliberately ignored or suppressed) by the mainstream commentators.  That she wraps her message up in overbearing rhetoric, probably for the sake of publicity, is incidental.  The rhetoric doesn't change the fact that many of her observations and insights are dead on. 

If not for the rhetoric she'd have become an authoritative and respectable commentator, whom nobody would read or listen to. 

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2007, 01:12:18 PM »
Typical East Coast Eloi considers a personal insult a political point

actually the whole debate has just become insults, for instance...calling east coasters "Eloi"
plenty of Eloi in every state of the union.

If people bother to read her stuff you'll see she is 100% correct most of the time.
After getting battered a million times you get bitter, she is fighting back.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2007, 01:16:35 PM »
What she said was so shocking and so offensive, Edwards has posted the video on his campaigne site.  Will you do your part to help raise 100k in Coulter Dollars?  It has hurt the poor man's position so...
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2007, 01:20:37 PM »
look at what happened last year, that Kramer guy from Seinfield called a bunch of people "*let's not go there*"
& went to rehab, the black guy from greys anatomy called a gay guy "*Not nice word for gay men*" (twice)  & went to rehab, Mel Gibson Jew rant....rehab!

she was making the rehab for everything joke.

I have a friend back in NY, he is BI and Polish/Puerto Rican ...he calls everyone by their respective slur.
and he has more friends that are black, hispanic, gay etc then the white liberals who get bent out of shape
when using incorrect speech.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2007, 01:49:17 PM »
I think Ann C.'s remarks about John Edwards were funny as the dickins, and fairly spot on, considering his Breck Girl looks and posturing.

As far as Bill Mahr's untoward remarks vis a vis Cheney, it only reflects the same BS from him back after 911. 

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2007, 03:24:46 PM »
so where is this Edwards make up vid?

I found it!! It needs its own thread...LOL

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2007, 04:08:07 PM »
What is she aiming at in the picture? Kerry's integrity?

She'd need a scanning electron microscope for that, not a rifle.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2007, 04:57:11 PM »
Ms. Coulter, asked for a reaction to the Republican criticism, said in an e-mail message: "C'mon, it was a joke. I would never insult gays by suggesting that they are like John Edwards. That would be mean."

I just encountered that at the Wall Street Journal site, and laughed aloud.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2007, 03:06:18 AM »
Coulter generally makes good, insightful points, points which are generally overlooked (if not deliberately ignored or suppressed) by the mainstream commentators.  That she wraps her message up in overbearing rhetoric, probably for the sake of publicity, is incidental.  The rhetoric doesn't change the fact that many of her observations and insights are dead on. 

If not for the rhetoric she'd have become an authoritative and respectable commentator, whom nobody would read or listen to. 

Once in awhile even Hitler made good points....didn't make him less of an ahole though.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2007, 03:09:32 AM »
Once in awhile even Hitler made good points....didn't make him less of an ahole though.
At least we got to the second page of this thread before the inevitable comparison of a conservative with Hitler . . .  rolleyes
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2007, 03:23:56 AM »
Poor, misunderstood Anne.  While the mainstream media may ignore her, she still gets plenty of gigs at events and is a frequent guest on Fox News (just saw her last night).  She has always been a little over the top, but it seems that the ratio of "insighful, intelligent" comments to "overbearing phetoric" has gone from 3 to 1, to 1 to 3 in the last 3 or 4 years. 

I think if she wanted to be an intelligent commentator, she could have been.  She is content with throwing out one liners and sound bites and seems to making a good living doing so.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2007, 04:59:13 AM »
I had to listen to more of this garbage this morning taking my daughter to school.
WHO FREAKIN CARES???!!
This is so like American politics in general.  Why dont we focus on something important, like why electing Tort Boy Edwards to anything will spell doom for American business, or how his election would be the triumph of trial lawyers in American life.
So she called him a *Not nice word for gay men*.  Big deal.  Some people might get offended at that.  But some people get offended at a sunny day.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007, 06:40:33 AM »
Some people were offended by it.  And now they're making a noise about it.  She's had several advertisers pull out of her web site already.  It's costing her.

After all, who cared about what Zumbo said?  Why make a big deal about it?  Oh, right ...

As for her being attractive at all ... bleah.  She's a MAN baby!

"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2007, 06:52:09 AM »
You don't see a difference between making fun of a politician, and implying that millions of Americans are terrorists just because they have or own a certain gun?  She didn't even call anyone a "*Not nice word for gay men*."  She made a joke about a politician being effeminate.  She was careless with the use of an offensive word, sure, but there's no comparison with Zumbo. 

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2007, 07:21:29 AM »
BryanP, you're just threatened by a smart aggressive woman:

Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2007, 07:37:28 AM »
If people bother to read her stuff you'll see she is 100% correct most of the time.

The few facts she provides are mostly true.  The insinuations, which make up the bulk of her writing and speaking, are absurd from a morally neutral viewpoint, and only appeal to right-wingers already predisposed to agree with her beliefs.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)