Author Topic: Ann Coulter's non-remark about John Edwards  (Read 8040 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Ann Coulter's non-remark about John Edwards
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2007, 07:42:11 AM »
OK, Rabbi, I have to admit it.  In the right lighting, right angle, right make-up, etc, she's not that frightening.   smiley

I still don't know why she gets so much press.

No, actually I understand why she gets so much press.  She's a conservative that speaks bluntly and provocatively.  The media loves that.  But why do gun nuts spend so much time arguing about her? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2007, 07:46:15 AM »
I still don't know why she gets so much press.

Because she gets ratings.

On another note.  Why isn't there as big, if not bigger, outrage over Bill Mahar's comment that it was a shame that Dick Cheney didn't get killed in the bomb attack in Afghanistan, more or less?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2007, 08:26:11 AM »
Why isn't there as big, if not bigger, outrage over Bill Mahar's comment that it was a shame that Dick Cheney didn't get killed in the bomb attack in Afghanistan, more or less?
Its because all the right thinking people in media KNOW that Repugnicans are the root of all that is evil, nasty and icky in the world.  So its only right that barbs targeting Repugnicans are ignored as harmless fun.

Speak similar about the good, enlightened and cuddly Democrats and it only proves the point that Repugnicans are evil, nasty and icky.

You know wmenorr67, you REALLY should wear those rose colored glasses and drink the Kool-Aid so graciously provided the media.  Its for your own good after all....

Wink
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2007, 08:46:36 AM »
Ah yes.  Because I find her to be not attractive I'm threatened.  Great pop psychology there.

I'm just not into the whole skeletal look, whether it be Ann Coulter or her long lost twin Maria Shriver.

"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2007, 08:58:42 AM »
BryanP, you need a beer.  In a bad way.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2007, 09:00:37 AM »
BryanP, you need a beer.  In a bad way.
Trying to get him drunk?

Bryan, I wouldn't worry about the skeletal girls.  Be afraid of roofie-beer laden Rabbis. Wink

Chris

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2007, 09:02:08 AM »
Trying to get him to lighten up a little.  I don't know why people get all bent out of shape over something like this.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2007, 09:04:05 AM »
Heh.  I guess I did overreact a bit there.   

No beer for me today.  I've never been much of a drinker anyway and I'm trying to drop a few (dozen) pounds.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

SomeKid

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2007, 09:47:22 AM »
Ann has gotten thinner, and I agree it has detracted from her looks.

Can anyone honestly say that this is anything less than pretty? (It is a bit old, back when she had a bit more curves, and used makeup really well.)

If you don't think that there is pretty, your an Edwards. Yah, I said it.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2007, 10:05:35 AM »
She needs to put on 50 lbs of nice, 10 lbs of muscle, and 25 lbs of fat in the right places before she can approach "doable" in my book.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2007, 10:48:37 AM »
Ann knows just which strings to pull to get the liberals to squawk. 

Perhaps y'all would prefer Andrea Dworkin was still around to work Fox News & saying stuff like, "Sexism is the foundation on which all tyranny is built. Every social form of hierarchy and abuse is modeled on male-over-female domination," and "Seduction is often difficult to distinguish from rape. In seduction, the rapist often bothers to buy a bottle of wine."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2007, 11:30:37 AM »
Jfruser, that is a seriously scary picture.  My vote goes for neither of them.

That being said, what commentators do you like?
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2007, 12:16:04 PM »
Once in awhile even Hitler made good points....didn't make him less of an ahole though.
At least we got to the second page of this thread before the inevitable comparison of a conservative with Hitler . . .  rolleyes

Just to be clear, I hold her in exactly the same regard as Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, James Carville....etc etc.  All are political hatchet men, spin machines, rhetoric makers.  When those kind of people run thier sucks, it just drives me further and further away from the two corrupt political parties into the arms of third parties.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2007, 01:16:31 PM »
Ann Coulter is in the business of selling books. The more outrageous she is, the more books she sells. She does make a good point from time to time, but increasingly more rarely.

Cal Thomas, Charles Krauthammer, and George Will all make excellent points without the carnival atmosphere. But they're in the business of writing seriously.

I enjoy Ann Coulter, in the same way that I enjoy Robin Williams.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2007, 01:21:26 PM »
Ann Coulter is in the business of selling books. The more outrageous she is, the more books she sells.

And she certainly does sell books. All five have made NYT's best seller lists. I have a grudging respect for that.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2007, 03:47:22 PM »
She's a MAN baby!

I think you need to get nearly nose to nose with a good optometrist.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2007, 04:45:34 PM »
And Ann needs to get up close and personal with some chicken-fried steak and gravy.  And lots of buttered rolls. 

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2007, 05:26:14 PM »
Jfruser, that is a seriously scary picture.  My vote goes for neither of them.

That being said, what commentators do you like?
SteveS:

I feared if I did the usual image link, some of our more frail & elderly readers might not be with us tomorrow.

I have had either no cable or hoopty* cable for the last five years.  None of the cable news channels in my residence.  Discovery channel is as exciting as it gets. 

I do catch some bit of video on the net, however.

So, I doubt I am the best judge in these matters, anymore.  My old favorite was Bob Novak on Crossfire.  I loved the way he'd smile, just before going in for the kill.  Prince of Darkness, indeed.  grin

If we expand the role of commentator to radio folk, I liked G Gordon Liddy the best.  I don't know if he even still has a show.  I haven't been able to hear him in years.

The liberal commentators almost always suffered from a case of taking themselves & the world too seriously.  Or, they all had a corn cob stuffed up their 4th point of contact.  It was hard to tell which.  My favorite of them was Bob Beckel.  He had hte least amount of cob, I'd wager, and I bet he would be a good man to have on your side in a bar fight.

I'd give fistful's left kidney for a website to download all the old Bill Buckley Firing Line shows.  Never has a man been so articulate while sounding like he had a mouth full of spighetti.  To think that the man's father was a Texas oil man. 

* The cable you can get for a net of $2.  I already had/have a cable modem.  To add the cheapest cable TV service is $12, but I get a $10 discount for already having the cable modem.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2007, 05:32:14 PM »
And Ann needs to get up close and personal with some chicken-fried steak and gravy.  And lots of buttered rolls.
Ann is from Connecticut (spelling?  paging all yankees...).  She wouldn't know what to do with a chicken fried steak, the poor dear.  She would need a yankee-to-middle-america native guide to help her with the finer points of CFS.

I could show her a couple places to get to-die-for CFS in the Dallas area.  Guaranteed to put on a pound, clog your arteries, and soften the countenence of the most vituperous commentatrix.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

mustanger98

• friend
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2007, 05:43:27 PM »
She wouldn't know what to do with a chicken fried steak, the poor dear.  She would need a yankee-to-middle-america native guide to help her with the finer points of CFS.

I could help her out with deer steak and bisquits and gravy in Georgia. grin But then she'd have to put up with Mexican food from a restraunt run by Mexicans too. I don't know if that'd work. She might put our local newspaper on the map though.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2007, 06:15:08 PM »
So, I doubt I am the best judge in these matters, anymore.  My old favorite was Bob Novak on Crossfire.  I loved the way he'd smile, just before going in for the kill.  Prince of Darkness, indeed.  grin

If we expand the role of commentator to radio folk, I liked G Gordon Liddy the best.  I don't know if he even still has a show.  I haven't been able to hear him in years.

The liberal commentators almost always suffered from a case of taking themselves & the world too seriously.  Or, they all had a corn cob stuffed up their 4th point of contact.  It was hard to tell which.  My favorite of them was Bob Beckel.  He had hte least amount of cob, I'd wager, and I bet he would be a good man to have on your side in a bar fight.

I'd give fistful's left kidney for a website to download all the old Bill Buckley Firing Line shows.  Never has a man been so articulate while sounding like he had a mouth full of spighetti.  To think that the man's father was a Texas oil man. 

I always liked G. Gordon, too.  I know he isn't on areound here anymore.  The station that used to carry him has Rush, O'Reilly, and Sean Hannity.

Does anyone remember the old SNL bits with Dana Carvey doing one of the talk show hosts?  The guest would be in the middle of something and he would interrupt them by yelling, "wrong!"
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2007, 08:22:51 PM »
You know wmenorr67, you REALLY should wear those rose colored glasses and drink the Kool-Aid so graciously provided the media.  Its for your own good after all....

The rose colored glasses that the media wants me to wear are not ballestic so over here in Iraq I can't wear them.  And ever since the Democrats took over Congress they cut our Kool-Aid funding.   grin

In reality being in the military I have found normally makes you immune to that crap.  However, we still have our nut jobs who buy into it also.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Ann is from Connecticut (spelling?  paging all yankees...).  She wouldn't know what to do with a chicken fried steak, the poor dear. 

"Vituperous commentatrix" that she is, I think she's predatory enough to know what meat is for.  Eating!  Great phrase, there.  I used to call my wife my navigatrix,* but it sounded too much like another word, so she made me quit. 

*She knows the local streets better than I do. 

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2007, 02:28:33 AM »

I don't care who you are, that there is funny.......

I like skinny women just fine, but not skelatal....and Ann Coulter is skelatal.....

hot:

not hot:

15lbs would do that woman some good.  My wife just lost 10lbs, maybe she can donate it to Coulter.......
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2007, 04:49:25 AM »
Hye Fistful, if you like women with some meat on them, here's a hotty for ya:

That's Donna "Boom Boom" Shalala, btw.