Author Topic: Forum going away?  (Read 742 times)

James Fitzer

Forum going away?
« on: May 22, 2007, 02:52:21 AM »
I don't really post on this board much, i mostly lurk...

but... would like to avoid getting booted off it. What's the deal? Were there a bunch of flamefests?

I post on THR but keep an account here in case there's non gun stuff i want to discuss with gunnies.

AAANyways... if it goes away i guess i'll find somewheres else.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Forum going away?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 03:06:35 AM »
Probably not any time soon.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 03:12:55 AM »
thefitzvh?
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

James Fitzer

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 03:18:41 AM »
that's me, thefitzvh

I read the sticky up at the top, and it sounded like the forum was gonna go away. Apologies if i misunderstood.

Ron

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 04:31:10 AM »
As soon as one of the mods checks in you will get the "friend" moniker and be allowed in the "Amongst Friends" section of APS.

Click on Main Forums and you should see that there are two rooms here.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 07:16:19 AM »
Ditto here.  undecided  Though a lot of my posts are merely attempts to make a witty stab at a serious situation, the rest are truly meant to learn from everyone else.

Hate to think I'd be downsized.  sad 

And I've (except for this once) never, ever posted +1.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Ron

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 07:26:36 AM »
Dionysusigma, the Roundtable may be disappearing but not the forum. We (you also) have access to the "Amongst Friends" forum that isn't going anywhere.

If you go to the main page there are two rooms here, one is wide open (Roundtable), one has people with a posting history and/or have been cleared as not being a troll (Amongst friends).

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php#1

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 07:42:11 AM »
OK, folks.

NO decision has been made around Round Table as far as I know.

There has been some discussion about it.

Personally I don't think it's wise to eliminate it, but that's just me. I can't speak for Oleg. I can only speak to him.

As for being invited to join the "behind the scenes" section of the board, that comes with time and with POSTS.

The moderators (well, me at least) like to get a feel for who someone is before we toss open the doors.

Sometimes a moderator is already watching someone new and gives posting privs of his/her own accord. Other times it requires the new person to be "nominated."

Probably not the best system in the world, but it's worked so far.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 08:27:44 PM »
Graft works too.  PM me, and I'll send you an address for those money orders.   Wink
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.