Author Topic: Experiencing powerful feelings of lust!  (Read 2050 times)

Antibubba

• friend
Experiencing powerful feelings of lust!
« on: October 01, 2005, 06:55:46 AM »
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Strings

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 07:10:45 AM »
A friend of mine was lusting after an Enfield, too: then he went to a local dealer. He said that the machines appeared to be kinda rickety: like whoever set them up didn't want to be bothered with tightening screws and such...

A dealer near you may be different...

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 07:41:36 AM »
I have a weakness for old Brit iron.  Yes, it's made in India. Yes, it may require some 'tweaking' before riding - hey, it's  ENGLISH!

For no more than they sell for I'm amazed I've used any restraint at all in not buying one.  They'll even ship direct to your house if there's no local dealer.

Of course, the English would have developed supercomputers if they'd figured out how to make them leak oil, too.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

Ron

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 09:09:32 AM »
Of course, the English would have developed supercomputers if they'd figured out how to make them leak oil, too.
ROTFL!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 12:35:51 PM »
Doesnt that thing make something on the order of 45 horses at the crank? Better than running i suppose. Good first bike for someone that likes to work on things.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 03:47:25 PM »
Why do the English drink warm beer?
Lucas Refrigerators!
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 01:31:15 AM »
Way too easy.

I've always wondered why Americans like their beer so cold, and then I drank a warm Bud. It all made sense. You have to hope that the Bud is cold enough to paralyse the tastebuds.

The Enfields are coming in a variety of configurations now, they are pretty cool looking. But, I'd prefer an example of the highly commercially successful Triumph's machines:

I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

JAlexander

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 06:04:28 AM »
I gotta agree with Iain, the Triumphs are much prettier.  I especially like the new Bonnevilles and the Rocket III.  

For me, though, I want one of these: http://www.imz-ural.com/gearup/gallery.htm#

They're not real purty, but something about it just calls to me.

James

Iain

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 07:03:06 AM »
I'm sort of changing my mind on this one. Been doing some reading, and it seems the newer lean-burn Enfields (with radical new front disc) claim 87mpg. That's a cheap commuter, and the 'trials' version has a real nice 60's scrambler look to it - http://www.royal-enfield.com/Electra-T-grass.JPG

I love the cafe racer look though, a magazine I had once had with two beautiful Nortons did that, so the best looking Enfield has to be:

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 12:15:56 PM »
Yes, the Urals and I go back a long way.  I like the look of both of them, and the idea of being able to work on it myself is apealing.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 12:30:19 PM »
Or you can find a used Honda GB500 and fake it:

http://www.bradsbikes.net/view_photo.aspx?maxWidth=500&photoID=75

They basically took their 500cc dirtbike single motor and built a retro-Brit-cafe bike around it.  Quite nice, and tough as nails.

Only made for a few years, around 1989-1991 era I think.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 06:06:17 PM »
I have always liked Brit Iron. Have owned several in the past. BSA Shooting Star, Triumph Trident and my present restoration project......a 1975 Norton 850 Commando.

bob

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 06:35:06 PM »
Yes it's true that rice burners have it all over everything else when it comes to driving value for your dollar, but there's no question that both American and British steel have styling that outmatches anything else..

Even if it won't start you can always find a hill to roll it down and pretend you've got it running...

That said the early Honda cb wasn't at all a bad imitation of Triumph styling, and as they say, 'imiation is he sincerest flattery'. A lot of the new rice burners have harley down to a T at half the price and twice the miles before needing major work.

I'd say that in he world of motorycles the British and the Americans are the artisans, the Japanese are the engineers.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Iain

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 02:28:52 PM »
Antibubba - I actually dislike you now. You've rekindled an old love of British bikes, and now I've got to figure out how to get one. I've known for ages they've been importing the Bullet, and I liked the idea, but disliked the styling and the motor.

http://www.royal-enfield.com/Electra-T-grass.JPG (as linked to before) has really grown on me. Loads. And now I love the idea of, in the future, pootling to work (as long as the commute is less than half an hour) and maybe doing some really light green laning at the weekends. At £4000 UKP and 87mpg (claimed, it is the lean-burn version) with a front disc how can you go wrong? At 24bhp I'd be able to get one as soon as I had passed the bike test, and not have to wait for two years to get a 33+bhp bike.

Stand_Watie - always thought the Indian was cool. Wonder if anyone makes carbon fibre wheelguards like that and makes a repro that actually has a bit of poke.

saxman357

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 02:04:13 PM »
Quote from: JAlexander
I gotta agree with Iain, the Triumphs are much prettier.  I especially like the new Bonnevilles and the Rocket III.
Better yet, check out the 06 Scrambler - lust at first sight!