Author Topic: Recommend a backpack for school/biking/hiking use?  (Read 1185 times)

Mulliga

Recommend a backpack for school/biking/hiking use?
« on: October 04, 2005, 08:34:43 PM »
Looking for a good quality backpack that isn't extremely bulky but tough enough to carry ammo, bike locks, supplies, CamelBak, etc. Thanks for any suggestions.

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 09:00:05 PM »
This is gonna sound weird.

Go find any place that caters to motorcyclists.  But NOT the "cruiser set" - the sportbikers.

Best day-pack I've ever owned was scored at Cycle Gear, one of a chain in California and elsewhere:

http://www.cyclegear.com/

Use the "search" on "backpack".  Mine is the Joe Rocket.  There's also a "store locations" button and wow, they've spread all over.

HForrest

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 09:02:10 PM »
I absolutely love my Eagle Industries AIII. It's by far the best backpack I've ever owned... Lots of space, well-built, it is designed to hold a camelbak or similar resivoir, and just an all-around great pack. It is super-durable.. built with cordura or ballistic nylon... either way it's made tough.

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 10:48:14 PM »
Quote from: JimMarch
This is gonna sound weird.

Go find any place that caters to motorcyclists.  But NOT the "cruiser set" - the sportbikers.

Best day-pack I've ever owned was scored at Cycle Gear, one of a chain in California and elsewhere:

http://www.cyclegear.com/

Use the "search" on "backpack".  Mine is the Joe Rocket.  There's also a "store locations" button and wow, they've spread all over.
Best pack i ever owned was a Nelson-Rigg pack made for motorcycling. It worked just as well off the bike as on. They are "extremely" tough and are made to hold a lot of gear without allowing it to shift around on your back.