Author Topic: Looking for the name of an old song...  (Read 1017 times)

Regolith

• friend
Looking for the name of an old song...
« on: October 12, 2015, 03:05:42 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't remember much about it; I only heard it once or twice in the late
'90s/early '00s. I do remember that it sounded like a '60s or '70s folk song, or at least sounded like it was recorded about that time, and that the beginning of the song described a general leaving his tent to inspect his troops. For some reason I want to say the singer was describing the Civil War or something prior, something in the musket era, but I could be wrong about that. That's all I can remember about it. :(

Anyone have any ideas?
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Regolith

• friend
Re: Looking for the name of an old song...
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 04:12:12 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3JjlkfX5Gk&ab_channel=Thegooseisloose6

Thanks, that sure sounds like it.  =)

Not quite as "folky" as I remember it, but I could have heard a concert recording or acoustic version.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Looking for the name of an old song...
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 04:22:36 AM »
Just luck and good Google-foo I guess. Glad it seems to be what ya are looking for!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!