Author Topic: Black CNN camerawoman says RNC members threw peanuts at her  (Read 5147 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Black CNN camerawoman says RNC members threw peanuts at her
« on: September 02, 2012, 05:20:35 PM »
A CNN camerawoman says that RNC visitors threw peanuts at her and said "that's the way we treat animals around here".

I really question the validity of this story. I've only seen it published on lefty websites and MSM outlets. I would think that something like this would get coverage at Fox, the WSJ, or somewhere else.

Story is here

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Black CNN camerawoman says RNC members threw peanuts at her
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 05:43:40 PM »
The two white people were immediately removed from the Tampa, Fla., convention arena by security officials on Tuesday....

GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney's campaign said Thursday that it has apologized to CNN for what happened.

"We find it absolutely deplorable. We condemn it in the highest possible way," said Russ Schriefer, strategist for the Romney campaign. "That behavior is just reprehensible."

Very interesting how the statement from the Romney campaign is called an apology, when the quoted statement doesn't apologize at all. It condemns. Calling it an apology gives the impression the Romney campaign was responsible, or that the offenders were part of Romney's campaign staff. Very interesting.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 06:05:48 PM »
Video, or it didn't happen.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 06:11:43 PM »
Video, or it didn't happen.

This.

Democrat Congressmen made the same kinds of charges a couple years ago during anti-obamacare rallies in Washington. Video later provide the allegation was false.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 06:37:03 PM »
apparently it was brought to the attention of security by other folks and they got tossed.  it happened i believe and it was handled  promptly
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 07:09:35 PM »
apparently it was brought to the attention of security by other folks and they got tossed.  it happened i believe and it was handled  promptly
Agreed. Video, while helpful, is not a requirement for truth.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 07:10:54 PM »
nice to see something handled quickly and appropriately   though a beating might have been nice
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »
I saw a subsequent interview of the camerawoman, and she did not blame the Republicans.  She said it was a Southern thing from her being a black woman.  She said that she had lived in the South all her life and was quite familiar with Southern idiots.  Or words to that effect.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 10:40:35 PM »
Video, a statement from a named witness, a statement from the security people, or something that verifies it happened.

This reeks of the same tactics drewtam mentioned with black congressmen and the Tea Party.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 10:19:26 AM »
Meh, rude dumbasses exist everywhere. This is neither news, nor an extraordinary event. If they say it happened, it very well could have. The issue is how it is spinned and for whose benefit.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 10:21:41 AM »
Video, a statement from a named witness, a statement from the security people, or something that verifies it happened.

This reeks of the same tactics drewtam mentioned with black congressmen and the Tea Party.

all of the above exist   if one wanted to look  the "it didn't happen" has an al jones flavor

• friends

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 11:07:23 AM »
 [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil]This just has to be agents provocateur, doesn't it?  Add that to Todd Akins jackassery, and put it on my paranoia tab.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 11:26:35 AM »
the "it didn't happen" has an al jones flavor

;/  Waiting for confirmation that a reported event actually happened makes one a conspiracy-monger, now?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 11:31:53 AM »

;/  Waiting for confirmation that a reported event actually happened makes one a conspiracy-monger, now?

ignoring days old confirmation and roleplaying conspiracy is an al jones favorite

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »
CSD, two blog links and a link to a USA Today story that used a blog as a source does not constitute "confirmation". I can post a blog story about how it didn't happen, and Fistful and drewtam can do the same. Voila--confirmation that it didn't happen!

This was the RNC presidential convention, for crying out loud. The woman supposedly pelted with peanuts was a camerawoman, which suggests to me that she had the means to record the event just by pushing a button. I would think there would have been other still or video cameras nearby.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 01:20:59 PM »
CSD, two blog links and a link to a USA Today story that used a blog as a source does not constitute "confirmation". I can post a blog story about how it didn't happen, and Fistful and drewtam can do the same. Voila--confirmation that it didn't happen!

This was the RNC presidential convention, for crying out loud. The woman supposedly pelted with peanuts was a camerawoman, which suggests to me that she had the means to record the event just by pushing a button. I would think there would have been other still or video cameras nearby.

That is what I was thinking.

Still, coulda happened.  If it did, she deserves a lavish apology from the perpetrators. 

These days, though, I am no longer crediting such claims until I see the proof.  Too many crying wolf or arranging the outrage themselves for the attention.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 04:19:10 PM »
That is what I was thinking.

Still, coulda happened.  If it did, she deserves a lavish apology from the perpetrators.  

These days, though, I am no longer crediting such claims until I see the proof.  Too many crying wolf or arranging the outrage themselves for the attention.

Exactitorily (one of my favorite made up words).  There are many opportunities for an aggrieved party to document an abuse like this under those circumstances.  Certainly too many at the RNC convention with hundreds of cameras of all kinds scattered around the venue and thousands of people all over the place as potential witnesses.
I'm betting she was not isolated or alone at the time, so for the event to go unwitnessed is just not believeable to me.  I've done the TV camera gig at large gatherings before.  You're with other camera people, on an intercom system talking to crew, there is a floor director and other support folks nearby.  She could/should/would have mentioned this to someone else as it occurred, and that would have provided some sort of documentation of the event.  There were probably even bystanders around just attending the convention that would have seen it happen.
This thing does not pass the smell test for me.  Hence my 'video or it didn't happen' comment.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:24:07 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 04:44:29 PM »

you don't think the rnc rep confirming and apologizing is enough? :facepalm:
i see
what would be sufficent?
the
the rep confirming that it happened and that they were ejected is insufficent too?
This kind of behavior will not be tolerated," convention spokesman Kyle Downey said in a statement.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:49:53 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

• friends

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
you don't think the rnc rep confirming and apologizing is enough?
i see
what would be sufficent?
the
the rep confirming that it happened and that they were ejected is insufficent too?
This kind of behavior will not be tolerated," convention spokesman Kyle Downey said in a statement.

No, I don't see it as necessarily a confirmation any more than I see companies paying out to settle nuisance lawsuits as admissions of guilt. It's possible that she heard about this, apologized whether she knew it to be true or not, and hoped it would pass.

I'm not saying it did not happen. I'm saying it's possible that it did not happen, and I think that because with all of the cameras and cell phones with cameras at the convention, for the event to not be recorded is almost implausible to me.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 08:06:06 PM »
No, I don't see it as necessarily a confirmation any more than I see companies paying out to settle nuisance lawsuits as admissions of guilt. It's possible that she heard about this, apologized whether she knew it to be true or not, and hoped it would pass.

I'm not saying it did not happen. I'm saying it's possible that it did not happen, and I think that because with all of the cameras and cell phones with cameras at the convention, for the event to not be recorded is almost implausible to me.

What ML wrote.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 08:39:55 PM »
ah and you imagine the rnc guy acknowledged and apologized because....?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 09:01:46 PM »

He just explained that to you! This is exceptionally obtuse even for your normal level of willful ignorance. Seriously, are you being paid to be the APS pet troll or something?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 09:22:21 PM »
The repubs apologize for anything regardless of fact. 

Either way it appears that the proper action was taken according to the stories.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge