Author Topic: Social Justice Warrior mob destroys Nobel Prize Winner's career...  (Read 1489 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
... on the word of a fabulist.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3141158/A-flawed-accuser-Investigation-academic-hounded-Nobel-Prize-winning-scientist-job-reveals-troubling-questions-testimony.html

Gee, ginning up the outrage machine on the word of one unknown.

Worse is the University that caved to the pressure. What an evil world we live in.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Social Justice Warrior mob destroys Nobel Prize Winner's career...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 04:55:33 PM »
An amazing article by the Daily Mail.  Nothing can put back together the life of Dr. Hunt, however.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 05:05:57 PM »
Its become quite obvious that politics and political correctness is more important to some people than science.

FWIW, from my experience working in a lab in different settings over 20 years, Dr Hunt isn't that far off the mark with his comments.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 05:19:50 PM »
Regardless of the accuracy of the comments, the veracity of the "whistleblower" is such that anything she says or writes must be thoroughly fact-checked.  Among the other stuff, how can UCL even put someone on staff without knowing where their degree(s) come from?

Sadly, the libel laws in (f)GB are so different from those over here that most folks will be dumbfounded at why Sir Tim may not even be able to sue  her - see Fair Comment at    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_defamation_law

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 05:25:31 PM »
"Fabulist" is far too benign a descriptor, mak. I'm struggling to find a term to convey my disgust for this repugnant, self-indulgent, one-dimensional caricature of a person, the sum of whose life achievement couldn't touch that of one of Sir Tim Hunt's toenails.

She is worthy of a job serving as a passenger dummy for individuals wishing to use HOV lanes, provided she refrains from any attempt at communication.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 11:39:50 PM »
Sadly, the libel laws in (f)GB are so different from those over here that most folks will be dumbfounded at why Sir Tim may not even be able to sue  her - see Fair Comment at    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_defamation_law

stay safe.

I think you've got it exactly backwards. It's far easier to successfully sue for defamation in Britain than it is in the US. Britain had a reputation as a defamation plaintiff's paradise until recently; they enacted some reforms in 2013 that make it a bit more difficult, but I don't think they've instituted protections that are anywhere near as strong as those we have in the US.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth