Author Topic: Chris Dodd may face investigation after SOPA outburst  (Read 1254 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Chris Dodd may face investigation after SOPA outburst
« on: January 24, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »
Former Senator Chris Dodd, who now lobbies for the Motion Picture Association of America, may have let the "quo" in "quid pro quo" slip the other day in an outburst directed at congressmen who too MPAA money but won't back SOPA.

He said:

“Those who count on quote ‘Hollywood’ for support need to understand that this industry is watching very carefully who’s going to stand up for them when their job is at stake," Dodd told Fox News. "Don’t ask me to write a check for you when you think your job is at risk and then don’t pay any attention to me when my job is at stake.”

The rest of the story is here.

So, he and others would kill the internet in exchange for some campaign contributions from Hollywood. How nice.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Chris Dodd may face investigation after SOPA outburst
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:08:15 PM »
Its been the process for years and years and years, he's just getting the hairy eyeball for having the gall to say it out loud.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 07:09:18 PM »
Chris Dudd is one of the handful of demorats who spearheaded the resistance to Bush's attempted ( four times) overhaul of Freddie and Fannie Mae, the two financial institutions atleast partially responsible for the meltdown.     >:D

Chris Dodd may face investigation

[popcorn]

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy................. >:D >:D >:D >:D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:24:14 PM by TommyGunn »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 07:19:45 PM »

So, he and others would kill the internet Republic in exchange for some campaign contributions from Hollywood anyone. How nice.

Fixed for accuracy.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 08:40:05 PM »
Dodd needs someone to put SOAP in his mouth.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »
Someone has to pay for those "sandwiches" he and Teddy made famous.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »
*expletive deleted*ck him, and the Hollywood horse that he is riding.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen