Author Topic: How do I clean soap scum out of the freakin' bathtub!  (Read 14654 times)

crt360

• friend
How do I clean soap scum out of the freakin' bathtub!
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2005, 01:39:46 PM »
Lime-Away is pretty good stuff.  We have really hard water and the deposits build up quickly anywhere the water frequents.  Lime-Away (let it coat the problem area for a few minutes) and a little scrubbing usually works well.  If you're in no hurry, cover the affected surfaces with paper towels soaked in white vinegar and leave them there for a few hours, then finish off what little is left with Lime-Away.
For entertainment purposes only.

Otherguy Overby

• friend
How do I clean soap scum out of the freakin' bathtub!
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2005, 04:17:26 PM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
A friend told me that one of the best ways to cut the soap scum to almost nothing is to quit using bar soap and start using a liquid body wash. The chemical composition is completely different, and apparently it doesn't form the scum.
Yeah, all that build up is talc or whatever they put in to make bar soap stay in bar form.

Liquid soap gets rid of lotsa clean up problems.

The BEST thing is soft water.

For removing lime buildup, soak a small towel in cheap vinegar and leave it on the buildup for a good while.

Car wax on shower stalls, spas whatever works great.   You can even use it on the stall floor if you also use a good shower mat.

Also, the suggestions of pumice stone are great because the only other option is high explosives.

So, what a lazy man needs to do is:

soft water
liquid soap
whatever left over car wax is in your garage
a quick towel wipe down in the shower after use

You'll soon find shower cleanup to be just an every now and then chore, almost a thing of the past.
Guns
Motorcycles
Jeeps
Never enough!