Author Topic: What is going on at the border?  (Read 1203 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
What is going on at the border?
« on: June 20, 2014, 08:38:22 PM »
Is there collusion between the proponents of immigration reform and foreign governments to flood the border? WTF?

I was a long time open borders guy who only wished to see it declared and organized.

My evolution over this last decade has brought me to a closed borders no amnesty position.

They are allowing and actively promoting the flooding of our country with folks who have zero concept of liberty and its related responsibilities.

Giving these folks the ability to vote will increase the speed of this terminal velocity hand basket we're all stuck in.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:43:41 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: What is going on at the border?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:01:31 PM »
One thing I found interesting is I caught a couple of interviews now with people in the administration, and one with someone with city of LA (who are doing a "refuge" thing I guess) where their talking point was that we have to do the humanitarian thing, and that it's what we would expect other countries to do as well. While I am willing to debate the "humanitarian" aspect, it's kind of interesting that most of these people, from Central America, are crossing at least two borders before they ever get into the US. Why aren't they Mexico's humanitarian problem?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 09:13:43 PM »
One thing I found interesting is I caught a couple of interviews now with people in the administration, and one with someone with city of LA (who are doing a "refuge" thing I guess) where their talking point was that we have to do the humanitarian thing, and that it's what we would expect other countries to do as well. While I am willing to debate the "humanitarian" aspect, it's kind of interesting that most of these people, from Central America, are crossing at least two borders before they ever get into the US. Why aren't they Mexico's humanitarian problem?

Because instead of Mexico's usual "stop them at the southern border" policy for CA illegals, they are shuttling the minors through for some reason.  The last leg through N Mexico is no picnic, with limited routes to the popular border crossings.  Take a gander:
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.789081,-104.8885748,6z
Flip to terrain view, too.

No way that many minors going through that few routes are not going to stand out.

The Mexican gov't must know they are not going to be turned back around.  Perhaps given assurances.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »
Well, at least they're all healthy and law-abiding... Wait... What?
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 11:41:19 PM »
Personally, with nothing to back it up, I suspect some type of collusion between some higher-ups in both our & Mexico's government.

And I'm real curious as to who/what else is coming across the border while our folks are tied up dealing with the kids.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 08:41:54 AM »

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/06/20/question-if-dhs-is-surprised-at-the-number-of-unaccompanied-minors-crossing-the-border-then-why-where-they-looking-for-a-vendor-to-support-65000-unaccompanied-minors-in-january/#more-84020

"Why would DHS and ICE be claiming “surprise” by the current influx of unaccompanied minors on the border in June, when they were taking bids for an exact contract to handle the exact situation in January?
• Secondly, how could they possibly know anticipate 65,000 unaccompanied minors would be showing up at the border, when the most ever encountered in a previous year was 5,000 total ?"

My apologies if this reference came from APS.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:45:23 AM by Chester32141 »
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

birdman

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 08:51:44 AM »
Cloward Piven

birdman

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 08:52:48 AM »
Personally, with nothing to back it up, I suspect some type of collusion between some higher-ups in both our & Mexico's government.

And I'm real curious as to who/what else is coming across the border while our folks are tied up dealing with the kids.

Like highly infectious, antibiotic resistant TB?
Already happening.