Author Topic: Another recommendation with all the smoke in the air.  (Read 587 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Another recommendation with all the smoke in the air.
« on: August 17, 2020, 03:26:08 AM »
With major forest fires to the general west  and northwest of Denver and the wind in general from those directions, it's been pretty smoky lately.  Not as bad as I remember from years past, where I could not see the fenceline 250 yards to the south, but pretty smoky.

The recommendation today was those with respiration problems stay indoors with the windows closed, but of greater interest than that, was the additional recommendation that they don't vacuum or dust inside.

Damn, and I was just about to.

Drat.

Rats.

Wouldn't ya know it?

Terry
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 03:56:50 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Another recommendation with all the smoke in the air.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 02:11:22 PM »
Don't forget to wear you single layer cloth mask, if it stops the 'rona it will be death on smoke.   >:D

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 02:47:38 PM »
Ok, that's confusing... Why not vacuum or dust?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 03:05:03 PM »
Ok, that's confusing... Why not vacuum or dust?

I'm thinking because a lot of vacuums don't have good filtration systems, so they would just stir up a lot of dust into the air inside the house.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 03:06:30 PM »
Ah, OK, that makes more sense.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.