Author Topic: US Drops to 16th on Economic Freedom Scale  (Read 993 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
US Drops to 16th on Economic Freedom Scale
« on: September 15, 2015, 10:35:01 AM »
This makes me sad. It makes me even more sad to see some of the countries above us. In the past I never would have imagined us ever leaving the top five for freedom of pretty much anything. I guess that "we're not exceptional" thing is paying off for the Obama Administration.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/14/us-drops-to-16th-on-economic-freedom-list-behind-canada-chile/?intcmp=hplnws
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: US Drops to 16th on Economic Freedom Scale
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 12:19:18 PM »
We're only that high up the list because most places are worse.  Not because we're doing a great job.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 12:19:27 PM »
We haven't been high on any freedom index for anything except guns for a long time.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 07:19:50 PM »
We haven't been high on any freedom index for anything except guns for a long time.

And evidently much of the rest of the world thinks we're a tyranny of fear and running bloodbath because of that. Go figure.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 11:54:47 PM »
And evidently much of the rest of the world thinks we're a tyranny of fear and running bloodbath because of that. Go figure.

Ahem, much of the rest of the world thinks we are a Tyranny of Fear and running bloodbath because we can't seem to keep ourselves from blowing stuff up overseas.

Yeah, I know, because trrsm and they hate us for our freedoms... right?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 12:23:13 AM »
I'm surprised we rank that high, to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 08:19:34 AM »
Ahem, much of the rest of the world thinks we are a Tyranny of Fear and running bloodbath because we can't seem to keep ourselves from blowing stuff up overseas.

They're hilarious both right and wrong. Yes, our adventurism overseas is in general a very bad thing. We take lives, treasure and resources and generally flush them. Sometimes it works out, often it doesn't.

OTOH, Europe has very much moved in the direction of collective rights very much at the expense of individual rights. A significant number of folks do indeed hate and despise individual rights. Hate speech, lack of total gun control, lack of strict economic control, etc.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 10:25:44 AM »

I didn't reference U.S. foreign policy, nor did I intend to do so.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 11:47:46 AM »
Sorry. Understood.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »
No worries. Your point is valid, I was just addressing the, it seems, widely held perception overseas that the U.S. is still the Wild West because of 2A and of us gun nuts and our urban/mass homicides.