Author Topic: EA sues Zynga for their copycat of The Sims Social  (Read 496 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
EA sues Zynga for their copycat of The Sims Social
« on: August 07, 2012, 12:05:45 PM »
It looks like Zynga has really pushed it with copying popular games.  EA has filed a lawsuit against Zynga for its game The Ville.  In its complaint EA outlines how Zynga's game is a rip-off.  Me thinks that Zynga has run into somebody with deep pockets and is about to find out how our justice system work.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2012/08/07/ea-sues-zynga-for-their-copycat-of-the-sims-social/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Phyphor

• friend
Re: EA sues Zynga for their copycat of The Sims Social
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »
They're both bastards, so this'll be an entertaining fight.  And I don't particularly care which one wins.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 12:22:06 PM »
+1

EA ruined the SimCity/Sims franchise. When Maxis was an independent operation, and Will Wright was heavily involved, the games were much better.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 04:25:52 PM »
I call bull.

The stove in The Ville is clearly a flat-top, a MUCH classier model. Same with the fridge.

And, there's actually a fire in the fireplace.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.