Author Topic: &%#*&*ing Iran!  (Read 18559 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: &%#*&*ing Iran!
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 09:40:34 AM »
I'm pretty sure that we have another Carrier group headed for the Persian Gulf which will make two in the immediate area.

Should make invading much easier for Romney, then.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 09:44:51 AM »
BUT ITS OK AS LONG AS IT ISNT OBAMA LOLOLOLOL
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 11:32:54 AM »
 :facepalm:

At this point I honestly think we should consider using nukes.
 [tinfoil]
Fewer servicemen to return minus a limb or two ........ :'(

>:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 11:54:59 AM »
:facepalm:

At this point I honestly think we should consider using nukes.
 [tinfoil]
Fewer servicemen to return minus a limb or two ........ :'(

>:D

I for one really don't look forward to a ground war with Iran.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 12:39:46 PM »
BUT ITS OK AS LONG AS IT ISNT OBAMA LOLOLOLOL

It boggles my mind to hear the bobble heads on stage discussing Iran.  And the Neocons fall for this *expletive deleted*it? 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 12:53:37 PM »
I also do not look forward to a war with Iran.  I hope there is another solution.  But if Iran gets Nukes and the means to deploy them, it will alter any stability that currently exists in the Middle East and in my opinion, the world.  Because I think they will use them unlike the US and Russia.  Iran is buddies with Venezuela (Chavez) who would like to be the next Cuba in the Caribbean.  Yes, "we got trouble in Virgina City".  Read "One Second After", it has Iran marked all over it.

I can't see another Iraq "experiment" happening.  The problem is that it is the Iranian government not necessarily the Iranian people who are anti-US and anti Western nation.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »
I also do not look forward to a war with Iran.  I hope there is another solution.  But if Iran gets Nukes and the means to deploy them, it will alter any stability that currently exists in the Middle East and in my opinion, the world.  Because I think they will use them unlike the US and Russia.  Iran is buddies with Venezuela (Chavez) who would like to be the next Cuba in the Caribbean.  Yes, "we got trouble in Virgina City".  Read "One Second After", it has Iran marked all over it.

I can't see another Iraq "experiment" happening.  The problem is that it is the Iranian government not necessarily the Iranian people who are anti-US and anti Western nation.

Actually if you were to really take time to research, a majority of Iranians are actully pro-Western/American.  And until 1979 was just as if not more advanced than we were in some areas.  The problem with Iran is the leadership.  If the populace were to ever actually stand up and revolt it would actually be a good thing for the U.S.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 01:16:08 PM »
That is my understanding as well.  It was in part why Iraq was viewed as being a country able for a democracy of sorts where there are real elections, legal equality, and a rule of law.

But if the US attacks, the natural reaction of the people would likely be to support the government and fight for Iran same as the USA.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 01:20:18 PM »

Preemptive military force is the slippery slope of the failing empire.
JD

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 01:31:45 PM »
That is my understanding as well.  It was in part why Iraq was viewed as being a country able for a democracy of sorts where there are real elections, legal equality, and a rule of law.

But if the US attacks, the natural reaction of the people would likely be to support the government and fight for Iran same as the USA.

Such the reason is that we should not attack but at the same time covertly help any uprising against the current leadership.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 01:35:07 PM »
Military force is a slippery slope for us also.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »
So is isolationism....... the world is full of "slippery slopes."

And, no, I am not arguing we should TKO Iran. 

We may be a "failing 'empire' " but it won't happen because of A'stan, Iraq, or even Iran.
It will happen because of our own inability to control ourselves here ....a 15.3 TRILLION $$$ debt, a feckless president who ignores the Constitution....and all the other similar cr@p that's piled up since FDR..... :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 05:03:31 PM »
So is isolationism....... the world is full of "slippery slopes."

And, no, I am not arguing we should TKO Iran. 

We may be a "failing 'empire' " but it won't happen because of A'stan, Iraq, or even Iran.
It will happen because of our own inability to control ourselves here ....a 15.3 TRILLION $$$ debt, a feckless president who ignores the Constitution....and all the other similar cr@p that's piled up since FDR..... :'(

Undeclared and preemptive wars are a big part of that problem.  Not only are they the shiny object to distract the slack-jawed masses, but the enormous military machine contributes to our over inflated budget and debt.  How much did we piss away in Iraq, again?  And after we *expletive deleted*ed up the taliban, how much have we wasted occupying that *expletive deleted*it hole?  What about our bases in Europe, Japan, and Korea?
JD

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 07:55:07 PM »
Entitlements comprise a greater % of the budget than military spending.  Military spending was high during the Cold War but when that ended (assuming it really did end ...) military spending was cut a lot.
We might get away with reducing our presence in europe but if we brought the troops back from S. Korea, I think the N Koreans would come out and play and that wouldn't be a happy time for the South Koreans.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 08:54:05 PM »
I for one really don't look forward to a ground war with Iran.

Classic blunder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LUUk6wVNrY
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 12:33:23 AM »
I don't see any statements of mine here implying that war is the solution to this injustice - I'm calling it what it is.   Even spies deserve more than a bs trial because that's the only way you actually know if someone is a spy, as opposed to a scapegoat.

Of course, the drumbeat is getting louder every day.  Obama seems to be trying hard to provoke an incident so that he can attack Iran.   It's insane, and risks nuclear wars with China or Russia (or both), but the hubris prevents most from seeing America's destruction as a realistic outcome.

And it isn't just Obama - the "we need to stop Iran!" chorus is being sung on this board and in every campaign but one.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:36:41 AM by De Selby »
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 08:42:41 AM »
I don't think Obama is trying to provoke Iran.  It is the other way around.

Just remember, a war would probably get him re-elected.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 09:28:05 AM »
I don't see any statements of mine here implying that war is the solution to this injustice - I'm calling it what it is.   Even spies deserve more than a bs trial because that's the only way you actually know if someone is a spy, as opposed to a scapegoat.

Of course, the drumbeat is getting louder every day.  Obama seems to be trying hard to provoke an incident so that he can attack Iran.   It's insane, and risks nuclear wars with China or Russia (or both), but the hubris prevents most from seeing America's destruction as a realistic outcome.

And it isn't just Obama - the "we need to stop Iran!" chorus is being sung on this board and in every campaign but one.

I agree with DS.
I feel like I need a shower.
JD

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 09:32:17 AM »
Even spies deserve more than a bs trial because that's the only way you actually know if someone is a spy, as opposed to a scapegoat.

Shut up.  You don't get a lawyer.  [/sen. graham(R)]

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 07:08:59 PM »
The establishment used up all their credibility with me when they got me to assent to the (2nd) Iraq war. Initially I wasn't much of a supporter of the first Gulf War but the resounding success of it and continual drumbeat of war in the editorials for the second wore me down and I accepted the "need' for the second round. A begrudging neocon is what I became, phew!

One of MY biggest disappointments with Obama is he didn't pull the plug in Afghanistan (sooner).

I'm way more on the Ron Paul side of the equation when it comes to this stuff. Call it fortress America or whatever, I really don't care. I'm sick of giving my assent (vote) to clowns I don't trust. Who then put people I love and/or respect at risk in foreign adventures, that have a tenuous connection to increasing our security.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2012, 08:00:26 PM »
I don't think Obama is trying to provoke Iran.  It is the other way around.

Just remember, a war would probably get him re-elected.

How is Iran trying to provoke Obama???

They are sitting still while the US destroys their currency, and have not responded with violence to the assassinations and sabotage campaign directed against their national interests.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2012, 11:39:48 PM »
Yeah .... a well protected program to develop a nuclear bomb and feints at closing the Strait of Hormuz is "sitting still." [tinfoil]

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »
What do you want to do?

Attack Iran?

Play spy vs spy with them until there is an international incident?

We've spread ourselves thin and haven't practiced total warfare against our enemies, or supposed enemies.

Really if someone is our enemy, nothing should be off the table.

If we aren't willing to to utterly and completely destroy them then are they really our enemy? or just an inconvenience?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2012, 12:10:10 AM »
What do you want to do?

Attack Iran?

Play spy vs spy with them until there is an international incident?

We've spread ourselves thin and haven't practiced total warfare against our enemies, or supposed enemies.

Really if someone is our enemy, nothing should be off the table.

If we aren't willing to to utterly and completely destroy them then are they really our enemy? or just an inconvenience?

I want Iran to stop developing a nuke and start to play nice.
Something tells me that Iran is going to continue to be the crazy undle in the neighborhood, though ..... [tinfoil]

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2012, 12:20:19 AM »
I want Iran to stop developing a nuke and start to play nice.
Something tells me that Iran is going to continue to be the crazy undle in the neighborhood, though ..... [tinfoil]

Preemptive war then?