Author Topic: Myspace?  (Read 7171 times)

Myspace?
« on: February 12, 2006, 02:25:48 PM »
Silly?

I set one up because there are a couple of people from school who I hope can find me.

Think it will work?

TarpleyG

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 03:24:25 PM »
Oh no!!!  Now you will be targeted by a sexual predator...at least that's all the news has to say about it.

Greg

Myspace?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 03:30:12 PM »
Even if I'm middle aged and look vaguely dykish in the picture?

Bah!

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Myspace?
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 03:52:53 PM »
Even if I'm middle aged and look vaguely dykish in the picture?
We'll see. Let us know!  Tongue
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Myspace?
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 03:58:39 PM »

280plus

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 04:06:29 PM »
37 ain't middle aged!! Cheesy

Now 48 on the other hand... shocked

And c'mon, you don't look the least bit dykish. Wink

Antibubba

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »
Barbara,

If that picture represents middle-aged and dykish, then you should send in your good photos to a modeling agency!
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Myspace?
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 04:13:40 PM »
Doh! Now predators will be all over me.

Heh..or most likely not.

Ah, well, if they start annoying me, I'll change my age to 57 and draw a mustache on the picture. In the meantime, I hope the person who wrote to me several months ago from the classmates site will find me.

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

Myspace?
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 04:14:46 PM »
...and that's NOT a dykish picture!  Just very casual.  "I yam what I yam", for better or worse. Take it or leave it.

I like it.

Be prepared to get a bunch of contact from jerks.

Myspace?
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 04:17:16 PM »
Hmm..seriously, huh?

(the picture was during the kids day last year when I got caught in the rain out on the range. I figured the drowned rat thing would keep me from getting many marriage proposals from Lithuanians.)

Maybe I should take it down.

Strings

Myspace?
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 04:29:52 PM »
hmmm... if ou're willing, you could probably volunteer that lil' site to a scambaiter at www.thescambaiter.com

And *I* didn't see anything dykish about the pic...

Myspace?
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 04:50:49 PM »
I'm gonna get slapped...

I like that picture of you.  A very feminine low maintanence Lady is what I see.

"Deeds not Words"...well there you are in drowned rat pose , with an expression of having a good time with kids doing another great Deed.

37...I was 37 once...I was 47 once too.   Age is just a number anyway.

So if the Predators and Preverts start in, we have no doubt you can handle matters.

Just remember some of us enjoy a bit of fun too. *grin*

You have in your arsenal of friends everything from Gun toting / shooting Clergy, to Bikers,  Lawyers , Doctors, Miitary, LEO,Desert Rats ...you get the idea.

I know , get that Picture of Art holding up a critter..."last time someone tried to steal my chocolate - this happened to them..."

Steve

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

Myspace?
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2006, 05:45:25 PM »
No, I'd leave it up for now.  If you find you're getting unwanted attention, then take it down.

Strings

Myspace?
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2006, 08:14:36 PM »
Fig, if she gets unwanted attention and takes it down, then we all loose out on our fun!

Feel free to tell any unwanted beaus you're visiting friends in Wisconsin, if you'ld like... Wink

crt360

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2006, 09:13:43 PM »
I think your page looks fine for it's intended purpose.  I like the picture, too.  If you want some predators you probably should lose the part about deer processing.  You'll also want to add some stuff about partying, looking for a nice guy, and change drink to "yes".  Write some "about me" story that makes you seem insecure.

I didn't really know much about myspace.com until last week when I saw on the news that it was being used by sexual predators.  They made it sound like if your kid had a myspace.com site, they were likely to be seduced by older white men and forced to participate in deviant sexual activities.  Huh?  When did teens become such ignorant, easily victimized people?  Or is this just a sensational story that only really involves a handful of kids here and there, who probably would have found another conduit for victimization if myspace.com didn't exist.

Blackburn, are any of those 20-30 year old sexual predators hot?

Maybe I should try it.  Hi, I'm crt360.  I'm seeking attractive 25-35 yr. old, disease-free, female sexual predators.  College education and financial stability are preferred, but not necessary if u r really hot.  Not into drugs or smoking.  Drinking O.K., unless you get stupid drunk.  Please send lots of pics.  :p
For entertainment purposes only.

280plus

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 01:33:12 AM »
Huh?  When did teens become such ignorant, easily victimized people?
Been that way for a while. Our little teen was on myspace before we yanked her off. Fortunately for us she's still into horses and couldn't care less about boys, so all the pics she posted were of this horse and that horse. I saw some of her FRIENDS myspace pix though (14-15 yo girls) that were quite provocative to the point of shocking. I'm like, THAT'S little so and so down the street!? OMFG!! Shocked (And where are her parents?)

So really a lot of them are kind of looking for little boyfriends but the perverts are out there in force instead. Just recently another local girl had a stalker from myspace and he went so far as to go to her school trying to find her. It's not good.

BTW, did anybody catch that 60 minute thing where in like 3 days they trapped  FIFTY middle aged men who showed up to have sex with what they thought were teenage girls. What a bunch of pigs there is on this planet.

TarpleyG

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 03:30:55 AM »
BTW, did anybody catch that 60 minute thing where in like 3 days they trapped  FIFTY middle aged men who showed up to have sex with what they thought were teenage girls. What a bunch of pigs there is on this planet.
Don't anyone think for one minute this is a new trend.  It's been going on for a LONG time now.  It's just not a taboo subject to bring up and make a news story about.

My sister was abused by our creepy great-uncle and we didn't find out about it until after he died else he'd have died prematurely I am sure.

Greg

280plus

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 03:58:19 AM »
Don't anyone think for one minute this is a new trend.
I'm just freaked out by how MANY there are. Quite honestly and speaking of taboo subjects, I wonder if legalized prostitution would help offset the situation. It was apparent to me that most of these were lonely guys who's only chance of ever "gettin' some" is by preying on naive young girls. If they had a legitimate outlet for their sexual urges would this possibly dissuade them from trying to hook up with these little girls?

280plus

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2006, 04:07:50 AM »
What this world needs is a serial killer that targets pedophiles...

Why don't things ever work out that way?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Myspace?
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2006, 04:43:34 AM »
Myspace is awesome, well if used with discretion. I can see how the kiddos have been getting in trouble, they just put too much info for the world to see. I set up myspace account last fall and have connected with a few friends from college I haven't seen or heard from in years. Plus its fun to post weird stuff on each others myspace accounts.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Stetson

• friends
Myspace?
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2006, 05:36:41 AM »
Quote from: 280plus
Bust done by Riverside, CA PD and www.perverted-justice.com

Im Stetson over there too....

mfree

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2006, 06:39:17 AM »
1. usually to get someone from somewhere to find you, you've got to find them first, or leave *big* clues, not the kind of thing myspace is good for. It's tricky.
2. You don't look middle aged or dykish
3. You're actually pretty cute Smiley

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Myspace?
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2006, 06:58:32 AM »
A couple of years ago I was on a chatboard site and got friendly with a couple of the chatters.

One finally "revealed" to me that "she" was actually underage and really wanted to meet me...

Bells, whistles, warning signs...

Pulled the plug on that one soon after.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Myspace?
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2006, 07:28:05 AM »
In addition to what Mike wrote.

I also used to get kids wanted me to buy them beer too, also had a the underage girls wanting to meet. I tried to play the fatherly role of that is wrong and you should wait until your older, figured I was doing the right thing. When I started to hear about the bad things and the cops setting up stings, I haven't been to a public chat room since.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Myspace?
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2006, 07:58:43 AM »
Barbara, you look fine. Now that charby fella you linked to though shocked

Hey charby, what music is that playing in your background? Good sound.