Author Topic: Paypal alert!  (Read 7180 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Paypal alert!
« on: April 26, 2011, 07:38:13 AM »
Anyone recall a conversation here involving Paypal refunding money to buyers regardless of any questionable circumstances? And how the solution is to immediately transfer any money received right out? NOW they want to put a 21 day hold on everybody. I just called them and told them that if they did so I would not use Paypal again. I would like to suggest that any of you who receive the same notification (they say they're doing it to everybody in batches) call them and tell them the same. It will take you 2:43 of silence at the beginning of the call to get to a live human. Just don't say a word or touch a button and it will finally default over to an operator. 1-888-221-1161
Avoid cliches like the plague!

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: Paypal alert!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 08:37:37 AM »
Links?
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

280plus

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 09:06:37 AM »
me go see...

280plus

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 09:09:44 AM »
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=18499.0

Reply #10 and now I'm glad I just reread that.  ;)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 09:46:47 AM »
PayPal did this to me a while back! They SUCK! There HAS to be a viable alternative out there for the small mom & pop business/individuals and I would LOVE to know what it is...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

280plus

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 09:58:59 AM »
There we go, all money transfered out of the minimal balance checking account and into my other one. Sorry Paypal:lol:

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 10:40:43 AM »
Hey, you can always use Gunpal instead...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »
So all money that goes into your paypal account now must sit there for 21 days before you can transfer it out
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

280plus

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 11:17:32 AM »
That is correct sir!  =|

I'm just going to start accepting credit cards myself. I been meaning to anyways.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 12:10:27 PM »
Well I am done with them then.  I routinely accept payments on paypal and immediately transfer to my bank account.
Charles Babbage

280plus

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »
They emailed me with the news. I feel like it's my recent selling the silver activity coupled with my immediate removal of funds after they are posted. Somebody at PP got their panties in a wad for me I think.

I told them I would rather be treated like a customer than a criminal.

"I'm your customer, aren't I?"

PP -"Yes you are."

"Then why don't you treat me like one?"  ;)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 01:31:19 PM »
what country is paypal customer service in? i had a heck of a time communicating with the lady.  she tried to tell me that i could get the money released in 24 hours if the person sending it left positive feedback on the deal .  i invoice folks for services we don't do the feedback thing
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »
Wait a minute.  Is this for you or is it for everyone?
Charles Babbage

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 02:18:18 PM »
PayPal did this to me a while back! They SUCK! There HAS to be a viable alternative out there for the small mom & pop business/individuals and I would LOVE to know what it is...

Call your bank.  They can help set you up a real credit card processing account.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 02:27:33 PM »
lots of unhappy folks here
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Watercooler/The-big-lie/td-p/169378/page/2

my best time with them was when i got a ds game  didn't work at all. guy had a great record till just before xmas and then had 100's of complaints.  and paypal/ebay tried to deny my claim. i went wtf? and they fixed it but how in the heck they could deny it was beyond me.  i guess its time to close acct.  and stop doing ebay too.  sad but maybe if enough folks do that they might get a clue
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 03:03:27 PM »
This keeps me coming back to the need for some kind of open standard peer to peer money payment system. Something that can't be gamed or defrauded due to the use of strong encryption and public/private keys.

What would back such a currency? No clue.

What would fed.gov do? Crack down hard, of course. If such a system got off the ground, it could mean the end of the nation state, at least in a financial sense.

Between strong encryption, and game theory, I think the technical side could be worked out. The political and economic side of it is the tough, probably impossible part. The net result would be some sort of crazy digital minarchy/anarchy if it took off though.
I promise not to duck.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 04:27:10 PM »
Wait a minute.  Is this for you or is it for everyone?
According to the lady I could hardly understand too they are implementing this with all customers "a batch at a time". The letter I got sounded more like it was just me and my recent activities. I think she was full of it myself. So it could just be me over here on the group W bench. But still, fair warning is fair warning.  ;)

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 06:29:44 PM »
"I'm your customer, aren't I?"

PP -"Yes you are."

"Then why don't you treat me like one?"  ;)

And the answer was ...?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zahc

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 07:47:42 PM »
I no longer accept paypal payments, because they have proven that they will refund to the buyer for absolutely any reason whatever, despite all evidence.

Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 10:31:16 PM »
According to the lady I could hardly understand too they are implementing this with all customers "a batch at a time". The letter I got sounded more like it was just me and my recent activities. I think she was full of it myself. So it could just be me over here on the group W bench. But still, fair warning is fair warning.  ;)

I routinely accept payments for services through paypal and almost immediately transfer directly to my bank account.  If they pull this then I am dropping them for everything.

Actually I already setup with some of mycustomers this afternoon that we are going to be doing checks in the mail instead of paypal.
Charles Babbage

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 02:02:02 AM »

http://checkout.google.com

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 02:58:53 AM »
This keeps me coming back to the need for some kind of open standard peer to peer money payment system. Something that can't be gamed or defrauded due to the use of strong encryption and public/private keys.

What would back such a currency? No clue.

MicroBalrog delivers.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

280plus

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 06:27:45 AM »
And the answer was ...?
Oh she just headed back off into her usual unintelligible rereading of the script she had in front of her. It was interesting. I'd tell her, "You do this and I'm done with PP". Then she'd go back into the same spiel like a broken record. I got into, "Look, you are not listening to me, I said if you do this I will stop using PP" then she'd go right back into it. We did this several times till I said, "You're not understanding, I don't care what you have to say about it. I know all about you guys giving money back to buyers at the drop of a hat and I want access to my money immediately. It's MY MONEY not PP's". I could hear her fingers typing furiously right after that one.  First time I heard her type during the whole conversation. :laugh:

zahc

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 09:08:59 AM »
Bitcoin is way up right now, and has being going up in general since I started paying attention to it a year or so ago. My friend got in early back when it was easier to generate coins and has made a several hundred percent return on the few bucks he originally put it. Apparently there are a lot of bitcoin exchanges out there now for many currencies. 
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 11:29:57 AM »
Bitcoin is way up right now, and has being going up in general since I started paying attention to it a year or so ago. My friend got in early back when it was easier to generate coins and has made a several hundred percent return on the few bucks he originally put it. Apparently there are a lot of bitcoin exchanges out there now for many currencies. 

I'm reading about this and trying to figure out how bitcoin works - it's a bit troubling that you can't easily figure out how it becomes real money or goods. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."