Author Topic: Paypal alert!  (Read 7181 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Paypal alert!
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2011, 12:28:52 PM »
I agree with those pointing out that the struggle for acceptance is similar to that of any new currency (although let's be honest, most fed.gov issued currency from non-failed states has an immediate acceptance) but DS also has a point for those who wish to dive in. Any new medium of exchange is going to be asked hard questions of "How can I exchange this, and with who?"
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2011, 01:28:19 PM »
Any new medium of exchange is going to be asked hard questions of "How can I exchange this, and with who?"

As with anything, same as a stock issue.

It's done with and by early adopters willing to take the risk. I think I'm willing to throw $100 USD into this to do my (small) part to see if this can ever get off the ground in a meaningful way. And figure out if there were things I could sell or do to earn a few more BitCoins as well.

If such a system became widely accepted, it would really cause a conundrum for the traditional nation states.  =D
I promise not to duck.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2011, 01:52:09 PM »
There is also this:

http://freebitcoins.appspot.com/

It's pretty cool.  I got my 0.05 bitcoins and then donated it back.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2011, 03:27:31 PM »
Just got my .05 BitCoins.  =)

I definitely think I'll buy a few BC, if only to sit on them.
I promise not to duck.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2011, 03:45:20 PM »
Do you still have the 0.05?

I'll sell you a public declaration of your awesomeness for 0.05 bitcoins

1JneZJzy6tT4RXZDzCFbKLaWkMykoStk6B
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2011, 03:49:04 PM »
I'll destroy some photos of you I have for .06 BTC. Yeah, those photos.  >:D
I promise not to duck.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2011, 04:05:51 PM »
The ones that are like my avatar, but with chaps?
Charles Babbage

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
Ayup. I got a notice from my daughter's school that I was late paying them.  I came in with all my paypal printouts and asked if they knew paypal was holding everyone's money for 21 days +....yeah, they're switching to a merchant account next year  :laugh:
We rarely use paypal, and will use it less than before on this policy.  Eff em.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2011, 09:41:59 AM »
I have just been alerted to the fact that a brick-and-mortar store in Tel-Aviv has started both selling bitcoins, and accepting them in payment for their products (guitars and music equipment).
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2011, 03:24:12 PM »
More on the topic of bitcoins: They are now available as A form of cash.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner