Author Topic: lost hiker in Utah survives four days with a broken leg without drinking urine  (Read 1778 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
She jumped off a four ft ledge, ever since I had acl surgery, my jumping days are over.
She didn't let anyone know where she was going either, I can understand that-half the time I never know where I'm going either. ... but going on a hike without survival gear is unthinkable to me, currently I always stay on well traveled roads but I always have at least a lighter.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/hiker-survives-days-utah-desert-food-16240924
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
[Bear Grylls] Clearly her own fault. If the crazy bird would have drank her urine, her leg would have immediately healed. She then could have peed on a twig to magnetize it and made a urine compass to guide her out. Stupid yank wanker. [/Bear Grylls]
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Right, you couldn't possibly survive without drinking your urine at some point.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net

This is why I keep a bare minimum of supplies in my CamelBak backpack, even if it is just a short day trip. Never know when you'll snap an ankle or whatnot. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Camel-bak hose can be two way. It's like a Bear scuba re-breather.  =D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
She then holed up along a creek

Must have been a tough decision whether to drink creek water or urine ...  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

I guffawed.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages

Multi purpose. How else does one give oneself a salt water enema on a raft at sea?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• friend
Multi purpose. How else does one give oneself a salt water enema on a raft at sea?

The burning question I never thought to ask.   :lol:

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
The burning question I never thought to ask.   :lol:

In this case "burning" may indicate a need for some antibiotics.

roo_ster

• friend

Quote from: fargo
Gaear: Unguent.

Carl: What?                   

Gaear:  I need unguent.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal

Ahh, the gift cured by time and penicillin.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
She jumped off a four ft ledge, ever since I had acl surgery, my jumping days are over.
She didn't let anyone know where she was going either, I can understand that-half the time I never know where I'm going either. ... but going on a hike without survival gear is unthinkable to me, currently I always stay on well traveled roads but I always have at least a lighter.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/hiker-survives-days-utah-desert-food-16240924

Yep, she filled the dumbass checkboxes pretty well.

1) No equipment, CHECK!
2) Not telling ANYONE where she was going, CHECK!
3) Doing something really stupid that results in injury, CHECK!

What makes it especially stupid is her having taken a survival course and then completely neglecting to use the knowledge gained to prevent being lost/injured.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Right, you couldn't possibly survive without drinking your urine at some point.

Agreed....I'll bet that she's actually dead & the media got it wrong yet again......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
This is why I keep a bare minimum of supplies in my CamelBak backpack, even if it is just a short day trip. Never know when you'll snap an ankle or whatnot. 

Plus a camelbak is a great place to keep your urine [popcorn]
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."