Author Topic: Facebook is After Extremists  (Read 1314 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Facebook is After Extremists
« on: July 01, 2021, 03:50:07 PM »
I'm sure you can guess what kind of "extremists" they are after. I don't have the friendface, so perhaps some here can verify that FB is apparently monitoring where people visit and post and then pops up a warning that they "may have been exposed to extremism".

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/07/01/dave-rubin-takes-facebook-up-on-their-offer-to-help-identify-extremists/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: Facebook is After Extremists
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 04:18:49 PM »
I am very disappointed to report that I haven't gotten that warning yet.   I need to step up my game.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 04:22:44 PM »
I am very disappointed to report that I haven't gotten that warning yet.   I need to step up my game.

Same here. 

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 04:26:23 PM »
I tried to put together a fresh account.

It lasted TWO HOURS. I suspect they have my home internet tagged...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 04:33:22 PM »

Just post on FB that you believe marriage is between someone with a penis and someone with a vagina and that you ate at Chick-fil-a last night. Should get you put on the permanent watch list.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 04:46:15 PM »
It is enough for MANY people that someone is simply called an "extremist." They assume kluckernazi right off the bat.

I prefer to call myself an activist.
Blog under construction

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 05:21:30 PM »

I must try harder, does the RNC have a FB page, I guess I could start there. ;)

bob

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 05:36:49 PM »

I suspect you (and I) are the extremists FB helpfully warns others ("the normies") about.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 05:44:49 PM »
It is enough for MANY people that someone is simply called an "extremist." They assume kluckernazi right off the bat . . .
I assume DemBLMtifa.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 07:13:00 PM »
I suspect you (and I) are the extremists FB helpfully warns others ("the normies") about.

I prefer to call them "mundanes" but that's just me.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2021, 07:22:00 PM »
I prefer to call them "mundanes" but that's just me.

that works too
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 07:30:43 PM »
I opted to just disappear off the platform one day vs. trying to walk the line or flaming out in a blaze of glory  =D

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2021, 07:32:28 PM »
The right should capitalize on this extremism charge. Extremists are cool. Chicks love a bad boy. Steer into it. "Radicalized since 1776"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2021, 08:25:49 PM »
The right should capitalize on this extremism charge. Extremists are cool. Chicks love a bad boy. Steer into it. "Radicalized since 1776"

Get Bred on Me.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2021, 11:18:28 PM »
Ran into Tony tonight - the World's Chillest Man - the guy who sat at the bar drinking and smoking while one of the local crackheads robbed it... Told him that I hadn't blocked him...
Blog under construction

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2021, 08:57:20 PM »
Gab has the right idea:

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2021, 02:19:52 AM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2021, 10:50:19 AM »
Instagram was full of posts about this all weekend. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2021, 03:14:09 PM »
Apropos article by The Z Man
The custodial state is the sensibilities of women armed with the weapons and power created by men. This is what lies behind the popular lunacies of Critical Race Theory, wokeness and white fragility. Every one of these is pushed by a thousand perfumed hands as a way to show how much they care for all of their children. Stripped of the Marxist jargon, it is nothing more than a mother standing over her children telling them to play nice and share their toys with one another.

In the Assemblywomen, the 4th century BC playwright Aristophanes described a world in which the women of Athens gained control of the government. Before long the city fell into a chaos that is familiar to us today. Men were wearing their wives’ clothing, ugly women were demanding that men see them as attractive and, of course, everyone was supposed to share their good with the community. In short order the normal rhythms of Athenian life give way to the chaos of female tyranny.

I'll have to look up that ancient play and read it ... vanity of vanities there is nothing new under the sun.

https://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=24335

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.