Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1508 times)

castle key

• friend
Introduction
« on: October 19, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »
I am a new member of this forum, having been advised of its existence by a friend. I look forward to some good back and forth. Especially interesting to me is the hard left stuff. I was born and raised in the Democratic Peoples Republic of Maryland by two parlor pinkos. I was a hard core believer in the idea that the government nanny state could solve all of my problems. I confess that I voted for Clinton in round one and thought I would see the country greater than ever. I despised President Reagan as a goose stepping nazi brown shirt wearer.

My wife took me to the light (and the right) and then she introduced me to people who understand that we are our own best advocates for our future, not some self serving hypocrite from the government here to help us.

I am a bit to the right of the communist sympathizing Birchers.

I am firmly pro choice. You can choose to vote, own a gun, and fly under the radar screen.

My idea of a perfect retirement home is in northern Idaho...many acres with good sight lines and the house on a slight rise in the middle. Oh, and a machine shop in town.

I don't want to be bugged by people from the Democratic party ringing my doorbell looking for votes.

I look forward to interacting with those of every ilk so long as your arguments and discussions are cogent and well thought out. Remember, you can't get much past me. I've lived on both sides of the aisle.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 04:32:14 PM »
Welcome! New guy buys beer and ammo for the old timers! =D
I'll have a six pack of Samuel Adams Boston Ale =D. Skip the ammo, I don't have the proper licenses for it here =(.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 05:00:06 PM »
Welcome aboard, Castle Key.  Pull up a rock and join us.
Watch out for fistful.  We often forget to warn newbies about him.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 05:54:05 PM »
Welcome aboard noob.  Sounds like you'll have some interesting views to add to the political arena.

I'll take a 12 pack of Yuengling and a couple of boxes of 7.62X39 to feed my commie gun.

BTW, are you still in Maryland?  I work up in Hagerstown.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 06:05:58 PM »
I am a bit to the right of the communist sympathizing Birchers.

I am firmly pro choice.

Hmmm...sounds a bit conflicted to me.  But to each there own.  Welcome aboard!

I'll have a sixer of Oskar Blues Old Chub and a box of 7.62 NATO, M118LR if you please.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 07:21:57 PM »
Welcome aboard, Castle Key.  Pull up a rock and join us.
Watch out for fistful.  We often forget to warn newbies about him.

Yep.  Fisty is the resdient pervert, hence the screen name.  Keep yer eye on him.
 :cool:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 07:58:26 PM »
Welcome aboard!Thanks for joining. I'll take 200 rounds of 2 3/4 inch 00 buck.  =D

I shudder to think what would have happened to me if I had listened to the wrong arguments and not studied history in my early teen years. My dad raised me as a "social conservative" Christian, but not everthing he and his sources of information said was true. When I was around 15 I was being influenced by the left and the right. I listened to the leftists on tv and the brainless talkers at my school. I had a hard time determining fact from fiction. I didn't trust my dad and I certainly did not trust the people he listened to (some of that was just rebellion.) Soon after that I read 1984 and That Every Man Be Armed. I also learned about the Enlightenment in school and I studied some of the ideas at home. It was THR and the NRA that initially taught me about the extreme importance of the RKBA. From the internet (and copies of  Penn and Teller's show on Youtube) I learned about libertarian ideas.

Without my dad and my curiosity I would not be where I am. I'm glad I took the time.

I guess you could call my philosophy libertarian/minarchist/semi-conservative.
Thats some hybrid.  =) Thanks for reading. I guess I just had to vent.

I wish you good luck. And watch out for Fistful! =D

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 08:22:53 PM »
Just so you know, fistful is going by the name of Mr. Tactical Pants right now.

I will take a couple of cases of .223, .45, several bricks of .22 and the fixins for me to do my home brewing. :laugh:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

castle key

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 08:46:21 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I would gladly have a beer with any right thinking freedom loving American. As for the ammunition, I subscribe to the theory that one can never have too much cash or ammunition. However,the one who wants 00 buck, I disagree. my preference is for #4 buck. Lots more pellets while still maintaining some oomph. To the person who feels I am conflicted... at one point, you would be spot on. Now, I am really comfortable with my tragic liberal past and my current freedom loving self.

When I was a child...No, that's going Biblical and has no place in a drinking thought...When I was younger I was a pinko beer snob and would only go with special high end brews, now that I am "right" with the world, I'll drink any beer, so long as the company is good!! I hope most of you fit that.

I had dinner with a good friend this evening. We talked a lot about what this country will be like under the messiah B. Hussein Obama, and I was discouraged. What is your opinion? Has this country turned into such a flock of sheep that we will just accept the impending nanny state?
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 10:26:18 PM »
Has this country turned into such a flock of sheep that we will just accept the impending nanny state?
Yes.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.