Author Topic: WA County May "Book and Release" Criminals  (Read 1037 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
WA County May "Book and Release" Criminals
« on: February 11, 2015, 12:21:40 AM »
Didn't know property crime was so bad in WA. It's interesting that they're considering this, since as the article points out, we let a bunch of them out in CA and it led to increased and more violent crime. I can't help but think the crooks figured they had free rein after they got their free get out of jail card. I hope the same doesn't happen in WA.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/10/free-criminals-more-crime/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: WA County May "Book and Release" Criminals
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 10:49:18 AM »
I hope the same doesn't happen in WA.

Like there is any chance of that not happening...the criminals LOVE this bullshit.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 10:58:33 AM »
Like there is any chance of that not happening...the criminals LOVE this bullshit.

Yup. I just read a local article this morning about the trial of a woman who slammed into a disabled car here at night on the freeway, killing three of the four passengers. High on meth and alcohol, with a laundry list of priors. Because of CA Prop 47 (mentioned in the OP article), what should have been a felony, especially with all her priors, was made a misdemeanor and she got off with a year in jail and community service. She'll be drugging and driving again before you know it.

Sadly, the families, who are all very upset with the verdict, are likely all liberal and probably voted for prop 47.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 11:02:03 AM »
It's very similar to what happens when guys figure out that cops won't chase em

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 11:07:44 AM »
Everyone wants to be tough on crime and no one wants to pay the taxes necessary to do it.  Last time I checked, the 'law and justice' category took up around 60% of my county's budget, and I think it is around 20% or so of the state budget.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:51:41 PM »
Everyone wants to be tough on crime and no one wants to pay the taxes necessary to do it.  Last time I checked, the 'law and justice' category took up around 60% of my county's budget, and I think it is around 20% or so of the state budget.
The politicians have plenty of money.  They just want to spend it elsewhere.  Also, people claim to want to be tough on crime, but get squishy when they view individual criminals and believe all the lies about them being good people on hard times. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 10:38:28 PM »
Yep, there's plenty of money in government.  What government lacks is responsible spending.