Author Topic: Iowa results  (Read 7711 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Iowa results
« on: January 03, 2012, 09:08:51 PM »
As of 1803 hours, the LA Times reports on the Iowa caucuses:

Paul  24.2%
Santorum  23.0%
Romney 22.9%

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Iowa results
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 09:11:18 PM »
As of 1803 hours, the LA Times reports on the Iowa caucuses:

Paul  24.2%
Santorum  23.0%
Romney 22.9%

Bwahahahaha
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 09:36:56 PM »
They keep trading leads.

All sort of close in chilly Iowa.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 09:42:47 PM »
23% each for the top three.....Perry barely in double-digits.....Huntsman just needs to go away.....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »

How did Santorum do so well?  He is not liked in his home state.  Old school Palace Guard GOP
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 09:53:56 PM »
Santorum and Paul are obviously symptomatic of the deep disquiet in the American polity right now.  People are feeling about for a way out and not finding it with the Establishment poster-boys.  It's not just Anyone But Obama, it's Anyone But The GOP Chosen One too.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 10:01:49 PM »
I work with a lot of "well educated" folks.

The incredible lack of economic and political knowledge and faith in government (if it is just done correctly) is staggering.

I'm downsizing, conserving ammo, working towards being debt free and looking to relocate to a freer state than the current failed eurowannabee state in which I reside.

Sorry guys, but right now I see little hope for this country. The question isn't if it will fall apart but how fast will it fall apart. My bet is it will be slow and painful, like a gut shot.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 10:08:12 PM »
I work with a lot of "well educated" folks.

The incredible lack of economic and political knowledge and faith in government (if it is just done correctly) is staggering.

I'm downsizing, conserving ammo, working towards being debt free and looking to relocate to a freer state than the current failed eurowannabee state in which I reside.

Sorry guys, but right now I see little hope for this country. The question isn't if it will fall apart but how fast will it fall apart. My bet is it will be slow and painful, like a gut shot.

Home sick with a lovely sinus infection, I watched Mark Steyn shilling for his book "After America" on CSPAN yesterday. I agree with his prediction and your sentiment. Regretfully, but I don't see either the common will or the leadership to reverse our decline. A short, bright arc, but not a lasting one.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 11:24:21 PM »
As of 2018 hours, with 91.8% of the precincts reporting in, the LA Times says

Romney 24.7%
Santorum 24.7%
Paul 21.1%

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 11:27:32 PM »
Huntsman just needs to go away

Him and Bachmann...I don't know why they are even bothering to stay in the race...cuz they might be in the race, but I see no evidence of them actually making much effort...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 11:33:50 PM »
http://iowagop.org/

They are lagging a bit on results, I'm entering results for Story County but it is only showing 7% reported.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

grampster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 11:39:24 PM »
The amazing thing to me is just how much the media and most everyone is missing the point during this primary season.  The message being missed is that Ron Paul hasn't any more support now than he ever did.  He has his hard core Wookies.  The message is that ordinary Americans are speaking to the fact that they are sick of the status quo and Ron Paul is merely the tool that is being used by those Americans to put forth that message, but it's being totally missed.  Paul is a symbol, not a valid candidate.  Santorum is a secondary symbol.  If only Romney were bright enough to recognize the message, he might even make a good president.  I have always liked Newt, but he is so full of himself he could never be Everyman, even though he has the best intellect and knowledge to be a firm leader.  Maybe he's actually the best choice amongst the field.

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 11:52:45 PM »
You did it now, grampster.  :laugh:   [popcorn]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 12:14:49 AM »
97% reporting.  Santorum up by 37 votes.  Out of more than 100,000.
Formerly sumpnz

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 12:22:19 AM »
98%.  Romney surging to a 62 vote lead.
Formerly sumpnz

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:51 AM »
98%.  Romney surging to a 62 vote lead.
Still 98%, Santorum leading with 5 votes.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 02:22:01 AM »
Mittens takes it by 14 votes over Santorum.  Margin of victory 0.01%.  Wookie came in third.  She turned me into a Newt 4th, Gov. Good Hair 5th (and going back to TX to "reasses" his path to the nomination).  Bachmann 6th and vowing to fight on. 

Cain beat Roemer.  Both got beaten by "No Preference", and "Other". 
Formerly sumpnz

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 04:02:25 AM »
So, this is basically a purely symbolic victory with the results being nonbinding on the electoral delegates.

I'm still predicting (not hoping) that Romney will be the (pre-determined) GOP nominee.

We are so screwed, we either get 4 more years of Obama or 4 years of Obama light (Romney).
Heck, if we're real lucky we'll get some more spineless "tea party pandering" legislators and end up with a republican majority in both house and senate. Won't that be grand.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 05:48:31 AM »
Gov. Good Hair 5th (and going back to TX to "reasses" his path to the nomination). 

....but we don't want him back....  :facepalm:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 06:39:00 AM »
....but we don't want him back....  :facepalm:

Hey, if we have to acknowledge Santorum, who we defeated by the largest margin ever for an incumbent Republican Senator in Pennsylvania, you have to take Perry

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 07:25:44 AM »
I know it is too late and he won't do it but too bad someone couldn't talk Thompson into running.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 07:36:43 AM »
Huntsman?

How did Santorum do so well?  He is not liked in his home state.  Old school Palace Guard GOP

Santorum did so well because he is viewed as being very conservative. That's as much as Iowa voters know about him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 07:38:38 AM »
Michelle needs to go.
Huntsman needs to go.
Perry needs to go.
Paul needs to go.
Newtie needs to go.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 07:53:06 AM »
The amazing thing to me is just how much the media and most everyone is missing the point during this primary season.  The message being missed is that Ron Paul hasn't any more support now than he ever did.  He has his hard core Wookies.  The message is that ordinary Americans are speaking to the fact that they are sick of the status quo and Ron Paul is merely the tool that is being used by those Americans to put forth that message, but it's being totally missed.  Paul is a symbol, not a valid candidate.  Santorum is a secondary symbol.  If only Romney were bright enough to recognize the message, he might even make a good president.  I have always liked Newt, but he is so full of himself he could never be Everyman, even though he has the best intellect and knowledge to be a firm leader.  Maybe he's actually the best choice amongst the field.

I disagree entirely. It's important that their protest against the status-quo goes to a more right-wing direction than the status quo.

The thing is, today libertarianism is far more acceptable than it was 4, or even 20 years ago. Today, 22% of Iowa voters are willing to vote for a libertarian candidate in some disposition (rather than viewing this as unacceptable), even as over 50% of voters supported a status-quo candidate of some kind.

This is an improvement - but sadly I can see no way to make use of it.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 08:34:26 AM »
Michelle needs to go.
Huntsman needs to go.
Perry needs to go.
Paul needs to go.
Newtie needs to go.

Why do you want to remove the entire field?

(Ron Paul, Romney, and Santorum now have six delegates each)
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner