Author Topic: Ricin attack puts spotlight on Bloomberg gun control.  (Read 10379 times)

Phyphor

• friend
Ricin attack puts spotlight on Bloomberg gun control.
« on: June 01, 2013, 12:46:36 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/30/us-usa-newyork-bloomberg-guns-idUSBRE94T15320130530

(Reuters) - Letters laced with the deadly poison ricin sent to New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the lobbying organization Mayors Against Illegal Guns illustrate how the group has emerged as a focal point of anger for opponents of gun control.

Wonderful.  One retard with an agenda can make all of us look bad.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Ricin attack puts spotlight on Bloomberg gun control.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 02:38:07 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/30/us-usa-newyork-bloomberg-guns-idUSBRE94T15320130530

Wonderful.  One retard with an agenda can make all of us look bad.

Bloomy probably arranged it himself and set up some redneck (any redneck) to be the patsy.
"It's good, though..."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 03:21:03 PM »
There has been a recent uptick in ricin mailings recently. We just had a guy arrested here that sent ricin to the post office, Fairchild AFB, Obama and a judge. They have been pretty mum about the guy that did it. But he does have a facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005125030407&fref=ts

Ricin has been described as the perfect poison by some, mainly it has been hampered by amateurish attempts of delivery, or I believe we would be reading about deaths instead of intercepted letters.

bob

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 07:50:44 PM »
Not that I ever would, but ...

if I was going to send a poisoned letter, it would be lavishly adulatory of the recipient, so they wouldn't suspect anything and it would get passed around to as many people as possible  >:D

Just saying  :angel:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 10:45:48 AM »
Not that I ever would, but ...

if I was going to send a poisoned letter, it would be lavishly adulatory of the recipient, so they wouldn't suspect anything and it would get passed around to as many people as possible  >:D

Just saying  :angel:

Devious...

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »
I thought that's what these guys did?

Write a "fan letter" in hopes the intended would actually handle it?
I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »
I thought that's what these guys did?

Write a "fan letter" in hopes the intended would actually handle it?

That would be the logical thing to do.

Which leads me to think this might be some sort of false flag.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 03:42:51 PM »
That would be the logical thing to do.

That thought crossed my mind the moment I read this.  Who the hell seriously threatens to shoot someone else in the face?
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 04:51:47 PM »
Bloomy probably arranged it himself and set up some redneck (any redneck) to be the patsy.
Oh, come on, that's just paranoid. Next thing you'll be saying is that he's the sort of scofflaw who'd send his minions across state lines to buy guns illegally with false IDs in violation of Federal law . . .

Oh, wait . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 05:10:48 PM »
Who the hell seriously threatens to shoot someone else in the face?

Well, not directly, but.
A while back there was a rash of robberies in fast food places around town. Although SWMBO and I only go to those places about once a year or so, it is best to be prepared. I told her, SWMBO, if we were out and someone wanted to rob us while we were trying to enjoy a meal, she needed to start a 3 count, and be lying on the seat or on the floor by the time she hit 3. I told her by the time she hit 3, I would have shot the guy in the face. So, in a way, I guess I did threaten to shoot someone in the face, but only if they deserved it, not some random guy via letter.  ;)

bob

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 08:01:47 PM »

When I heard about this on the radio, that was the first thing I thought as well.   Who sends a poisoned hate letter, that will simply get circled filed upon opening?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 09:35:07 PM »
And the language of the letter itself..... it sounds like something an idiot teen or someone trying to get a certain kind of rise would write.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 01:17:08 AM »
And the language of the letter itself..... it sounds like something an idiot teen or someone trying to get a certain kind of rise would write.

Or the kind of person who would send poisoned letters...

That being said:

A year ago, talk of false flag operations was conspiracy-mongering. Today, it's just being realistic about Obama's America.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 11:02:36 AM »

That being said:

A year ago, talk of false flag operations was conspiracy-mongering. Today, it's just being realistic about Obama's America.

Given the IRS shenanigans, NOTHING and I mean NOTHING would surprise me from the White House.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 11:12:59 AM »

That being said:

How hard is ricin to come up with  ???

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »
How hard is ricin to come up with  ???

Easy, some castor beans, and a few extraction steps.

Making a larger quantity that's relatively pure and high-grade, and in a fine enough form the victim will absorb/inhale enough of it from just handling a dusted letter, and then handling it repeatedly without getting yourself sick or dead... that takes maybe some good honors H.S., definitely college-grad level lab skills.

Something most of these goofballs lack.
I promise not to duck.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 12:56:51 PM »
Mmmm,  ricin beans....  :drool:
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 03:12:56 PM »
. . . Making a larger quantity that's relatively pure and high-grade, and in a fine enough form the victim will absorb/inhale enough of it from just handling a dusted letter, and then handling it repeatedly without getting yourself sick or dead... that takes maybe some good honors H.S., definitely college-grad level lab skills.  . . .
I'll bet there's more than one government lab capable of producing and handling it; manufacturing, handling, and weaponizing extremely lethal biotoxins like ricin with instructions pulled of the Internet is more high-risk than a bunch of hippies using The Anarchist's Cookbook as a bombmaking manual.

And many of us are old enough to remember the frequent blowups of hippie bombmaking factories several decades ago.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 04:07:24 PM »
I'll bet there's more than one government lab capable of producing and handling it; manufacturing, handling, and weaponizing extremely lethal biotoxins like ricin with instructions pulled of the Internet is more high-risk than a bunch of hippies using The Anarchist's Cookbook as a bombmaking manual.

And many of us are old enough to remember the frequent blowups of hippie bombmaking factories several decades ago.

So they should be checking the ER's and Death records for their subject  ;)

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
So they should be checking the ER's and Death records for their subject  ;)
Not a bad idea - unless whoever did it is REALLY skilled, with facilities and training, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they poisoned themselves in the process.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 11:39:30 AM »
Not a bad idea - unless whoever did it is REALLY skilled, with facilities and training, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they poisoned themselves in the process.

If he was really skilled, he would be devious like me  ;)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 03:22:21 PM »
Update: some actress has been arrested for allegedly sending the ricin-tainted letters to Obama and Bloomberg.  Apparently it was an attempt to frame her estranged husband.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Rogers_Richardson

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »
Update: some actress has been arrested for allegedly sending the ricin-tainted letters to Obama and Bloomberg.  Apparently it was an attempt to frame her estranged husband.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Rogers_Richardson

If he was really skilled, he would be devious like me  ;)

"She"  :facepalm:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2013, 04:13:40 PM »
 :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 04:22:35 PM »
This is rather interesting- wasn't the Elvis impersonator also framed?

Seems like she was a copycat... and copied the inept framer in that episode perfectly.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought