Author Topic: Pray for virginia  (Read 7098 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Pray for virginia
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 04:50:19 AM »

Get your laws off my body!

Oh, wait, Obamacare? Take me now!!

:rofl: :rofl:
Well, 29,000 some post and you finally say something hilarious. Stealing that one.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Pray for virginia
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2013, 06:38:20 AM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Re: Pray for virginia
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2013, 10:28:23 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/11/06/rnc-hey-dont-blame-us-for-cuccinellis-loss/

who spent what

damn phone

Some interesting stuff from that article:

We’re getting a bad rap, says the RNC:

Republican National Committee allies are offering an interesting defense to critics saying the campaign committee could have done more to help the Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli: Blame former RNC chairman Michael Steele.

Steele dropped a staggering $9 million in 2009 into Governor Bob McDonnell’s race despite the fact that McDonnell never trailed in a single poll.

“In my opinion, it was just frivolous spending,” says a Republican source close to the campaign in Virginia. “We were paying off that race in 2011 when we should have been getting ready for the presidential,” the source says. “It handcuffed us.”…

Another data point is the New Jersey gubernatorial race in 2009, when the RNC spent around $3 million to help now-governor Chris Christie – about the same amount it spent on Cuccinelli, but in a more expensive state.

That wasn’t worth an extra million? Jonah Goldberg wonders:

In fairness, the Republican Governor’s Association did help Cuccinelli, but it came too early. The RNC treated him like a write-off. I can understand that temptation when Cuccinelli looked like a sure loser. But I don’t understand why, when ObamaCare became a big issue, the RNC couldn’t have done more. I’m sure it’s hard to ramp up at the last second. But so what? Things are going to be hard in lots of ways for as far as the eye can see. Hard can’t be an excuse anymore. As for the more moderate Republican donors who stayed away from Cuccinelli, I certainly don’t think they’re obliged to give money to anyone or anything they disagree with. So maybe they’re pro-choice. Maybe they call themselves “socially liberal but fiscally conservative” (don’t get me started). Fine. But on the issues that make them Republican, McAuliffe will still be far more of a disaster than Cuccinelli ever would have been. McAuliffe says his first priority for the legislative session is accepting the expanded Medicare option under ObamaCare. That’s bad enough, but does anyone doubt that another, equally important, priority of his will be to prepare the ground for a Clinton candidacy should she run?
I looked for©'sbut didn't find any.

Is the RNC spending their money wisely?

I'm expecting (as many others likely are) the RNC to be backing that bloviating gasbag, Chris Christie for 2016, just because he has a "R" after his name and they want to win, at all costs.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:36:46 AM by Sergeant Bob »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Pray for virginia
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2013, 10:52:30 AM »
I'm expecting (as many others likely are) the RNC to be backing that bloviating gasbag, Chris Christie for 2016, just because he has a "R" after his name and they want to win, at all costs.

Clearly it's not because of the "R" after his name that they want him to win "at all costs." cf. Ken Cuchinelli.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought