Author Topic: Mainstreaming Bestiality: What It’s Like to Date a Horse  (Read 10433 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Mainstreaming Bestiality: What It’s Like to Date a Horse
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 01:27:35 PM »
I am still puzzled why some guy screwing a horse is a problem for anyone but the guy and the horse.

It's a problem for me.

but than again, I'm not so libertarian that I would abandon all animal cruelty laws.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2014, 01:31:22 PM »
It's a problem for me.
Why?

but than again, I'm not so libertarian that I would abandon all animal cruelty laws.
How is having sex with a horse any more cruel than castrating a horse, or forcing a horse to do labor?

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2014, 01:37:27 PM »
How is having sex with a horse any more cruel than castrating a horse, or forcing a horse to do labor?

Depends on who the horse has to have sex with.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 05:46:53 PM »
Why?

Ask the Horse and see what it says.

Outside of the consent issue, I am having a hard time understanding why anyone would think sex with a horse is okay.  If it feels good, do it? 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:55:33 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2014, 05:58:32 PM »
The real goal is not bestiality. (I know Roo_ster said that already)  It's just a step on the way to:

"It's good, though..."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 06:13:11 PM »
Well at least we aren't arguing about the mortician *expletive deleted*ing Aunt Sally on the slab again. I suppose arguing the morality of giving it to the farm animals good and hard is a step up.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014, 06:32:44 PM »

A horse is a horse of course of course....

Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014, 06:50:03 PM »
A horse is a horse of course of course....

You know you're a child of the '60s if you can repeat the whole theme music from memory.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2014, 08:45:35 PM »
Or later decades of reruns, though I couldn't remember the entire song.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »
Do we really have to have debates on horse and corpse *expletive deleted*ing?

Seriously?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2014, 10:03:04 PM »
Neigh means nay?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2014, 11:36:37 PM »

Seriously?

Personally, I don't think there is any debate on that.  I started on this thread thinking about the whole slippery slope aspect that was discussed. 

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2014, 12:39:48 AM »
I'm just waiting to hear what is utopian about libertarianism.

Are there going to be libertarian labor camps when we take over ? (Privatized, of course).
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2014, 01:08:01 AM »

Are there going to be libertarian labor camps when we take over ? (Privatized, of course).

LOL... we'll build them in miniature 1"x1" square to say they "exist" and we can actively NOT put anyone in them.  =D

Of course too, inherent in the snark here is the fallacy that Libertarianism is "pointless" because it won't be achieved 100%, as if then there's no point in at least moving as far in the direction of liberty as possible as we can get.  ;/

I guess it shouldn't continue to surprise me, people who at least claim to support RKBA, limited government etc. immediately fall back on statism as long as it's "their kind of statism". I'm bombarded with it every day.
I promise not to duck.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2014, 07:41:06 AM »
I think there is an element of Utopianism in all political philosophies that promise that everyone - or at least everyone who follows the rules of system - would benefit from its implementation. Maybe not in the sense that people believe that if completely enacted their preferred system of governing human interaction would be utterly perfect, but at least that it would be the best of all available options.  That is true of Libertarians every bit as much as Republicans or Tea Partiers or Democrats or Communists or Islamists.

Excepting of course the steely eyed realists who avoided all childhood trauma.  I'm sure that their goals and ideals for their preferred society are entirely workable without any disfunction.  =)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 08:02:36 AM »

We started to talk about it, but were distracted by horses. 

I guess that was the libertarian plan all along. [tinfoil]

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 08:05:35 AM »
I think the utopian version of libertarianism lies more with the anarchist version and how we don't need laws for anything and everyone will do the right thing out of self interest. 

My experience is everyone has no problem doing the right thing until it costs money. 

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 08:32:33 AM »
My experience is everyone has no problem doing the right thing until it costs money. 

Experience in the law office says for the most petty of reasons people will cost themselves and their family everything they have and can borrow. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 08:38:34 AM »
I am still puzzled why some guy screwing a horse is a problem for anyone but the guy and the horse.

Guys screwing guys didn't use to be our problem, either. Legalizing sodomy was the preface to official recognition thereof. It was predicted, and it is now fact. It didn't have to be that way. It shouldn't have been that way. But that's the situation we're in.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 08:45:49 AM »

Guys screwing guys didn't use to be our problem, either. Legalizing sodomy was the preface to official recognition thereof. It was predicted, and it is now fact. It didn't have to be that way. It shouldn't have been that way. But that's the situation we're in.

Oh! Oh! I know the answer to that one:

"Oh, please, like THAT is ever going to happen."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2014, 09:02:04 AM »
Experience in the law office says for the most petty of reasons people will cost themselves and their family everything they have and can borrow.  
Yeah, there is that also.  Or people who are too stubborn to admit they are wrong or do things a different way.

I was thinking more of corporations and companies and some of the past arguments I have heard for removing or privatizing environmental laws.  I wasn't convinced.  Overall though, it is a good discussion to have since it is focused on solutions without government involvement which is healthy.

If we are going to talk about libertarian arguments, perhaps we should start a new thread and let the beastiality thread die.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2014, 10:13:57 AM »

Sounds like my ex wife.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »

Seriously?

Looks like.  The culture war was imposed on us by the lefty/libertines. 

Open your ears, it has been said & discussed. 

No need for "libertarian labor camps" when libertarians are fine using gov't LEOs to enforce their preferences.  The regular old jails and prisons work just fine.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2014, 12:08:12 PM »
LOL... we'll build them in miniature 1"x1" square to say they "exist" and we can actively NOT put anyone in them.  =D

Of course too, inherent in the snark here is the fallacy that Libertarianism is "pointless" because it won't be achieved 100%, as if then there's no point in at least moving as far in the direction of liberty as possible as we can get.  ;/

I guess it shouldn't continue to surprise me, people who at least claim to support RKBA, limited government etc. immediately fall back on statism as long as it's "their kind of statism". I'm bombarded with it every day.

You're confusing a discussion of the theory underlying Libertarianism as a philosophy with the pragmatic application of it. In practice, aside from when they're being useful idiots to the left on things like immigration and redefining marriage, my interests generally coincide with that school of thought. The issue of immigration does bring up one aspect of the inherent utopianism of Libertarians: for it to really function well it needs to be holistic to work well. Implementing one aspect of it (like open borders) without other aspects (like an end to welfare etc) is disastrous. Of course I think open borders are a disaster anyway, but that's a different discussion.

Regarding "statism"... All government is enforced morality. Whether that morality be "Punish those who violate the NAP and do nothing else" or "Everyone must go to mosque and worship" isn't really relevant. So this silly hand wringing over enforcing morality and the evil statists who don't really care about freedom gets old. Unless you're a full on anarchist/voluntarist then you're in the exact same position as the woman from the old Churchill joke: just haggling on a price.

Already answered, but I'll add my piece. It's utopian for two primary reasons. To work (even in theory) it needs to be holistically implemented all together. And because it misunderstands human nature as well as the nature of political institutions.

Let's say you find Aladdin's lamp, and you wish for the world to have perfect Libertarian .gov in place. Setting aside foreign policy considerations for the moment, what do you think people's reactions would be? If they didn't like some aspects of it, and wanted to get those statist jackboots on and oppress the poor widdle zoophiles: how would the .gov react to this? Ignore the will of the people? Exclude them from the process and give them no means to influence the .gov? How do you think that would work?

Doctrinally pure Libertarianism is incompatible with representative government, because most people don't want what it is actually striving to achieve and they never will. Libertarianism's saving grace is that they're completely unable to actually achieve their goals, so the pragmatic, non-doctrinal applications of their philosophy can do a lot of good in influencing the existing process.

In the end, I think Libertarianism (as a philosophy, not in the colloquial way it is normal referred to) is very similar to the whole "Pick Up Artist" philosophy. Some practical applications that work very well and for the reasons stated, some practical applications that achieve the stated goal but are actively harmful to all involved long term, and some crazy nonsense that directly flows from the flawed underlying philosophy carried out to its logical conclusion.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2014, 12:17:08 PM »
Doctrinally pure Libertarianism is incompatible with representative government, because most people don't want what it is actually striving to achieve and they never will. Libertarianism's saving grace is that they're completely unable to actually achieve their goals, so the pragmatic, non-doctrinal applications of their philosophy can do a lot of good in influencing the existing process.

IOW, it's pretty much like every other pure system, except that its overall influence is good.