Author Topic: Why I Will Not Cast My Electoral Vote for Donald Trump  (Read 10773 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Why I Will Not Cast My Electoral Vote for Donald Trump
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2016, 09:57:10 AM »
If that tool kasich would have dropped out at the point where he was no longer viable as a candidate, we would be inaugerating Cruz in a month.
So far Trump has done nothing but delight me since the election, so all is not lost. :cool:

I think Cruz would have lost to Hillary. Cruz wasn't even trying to appeal to the folks who showed up and voted for Trump.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2016, 10:49:45 AM »
Slight drift, but I saw an interview with an MI Elector on Mornings With Maria this morning, and he was talking about thousands of letters going to his home to dissuade him from a Trump vote, including death threats about a gun in his mouth and killing his whole family. He said most of the letters and emails came from CA and NY.

We're seeing all the "popular vote" propaganda. One thing I haven't seen from the constitutional side is something like "CA and NY don't speak for the country" or, "West Coast and East Coast don't speak for the country". I'd be broadcasting far and wide the fairly localized "popular vote" count.

Not to mention, I still submit you could find up to a million illegal votes in CA. I understand why Trump's people might not have wanted to rock the boat and initiate a CA recount, but I sure wish someone had.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2016, 12:11:27 PM »
I'd be broadcasting far and wide the fairly localized "popular vote" count.

Yes. I'd like to hear a lot more discussion of just how "democratic" it is for an elector to ignore the popular vote of his state, in favor of his own private judgment. Right or wrong, it would make the EC less democratic; not more.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2016, 12:32:07 PM »
I think Cruz would have lost to Hillary. Cruz wasn't even trying to appeal to the folks who showed up and voted for Trump.
If Trump had not entered the race, Cruz would have picked up some of those people (more than any other Repub candidate except maybe Paul), but not near as much as Trump did.  Trump's attitude appealed to them as much as what he said.  I don't see Cruz ever wearing that sort of public face even if he said the same things in private.  Would Cruz have pulled in enough to win Michigan and Pennsylvania?  You might be right. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge