Author Topic: Couple says tow truck tried to nab their moving car in San Francisco  (Read 120 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Tow Truck Driver Shows Us How To Get Killed In One Easy Lesson
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/tow-truck-driver-shows-us-how-to-get-killed-in-one-easy-lesson/

Couple says tow truck tried to nab their moving car in San Francisco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R96S2jPIqwQ

I don't recall hearing of a situation like this.  Trying to hijack and occupied car is a good way to get a violent response.  I don't know what the cops would do if they got a 911 call about this.  If the story in the youtube video is correct, the vehicle paid off so either the tow truck driver misidentified the vehicle or was trying some other scheme. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: Couple says tow truck tried to nab their moving car in San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 05:51:30 PM »
I've read a little bit about this situation.  Apparently the tow company in question is known for their predatory tactics. That being said, it would not surprise me if the tow drivers were packing illegally. FAFO, to the peril of the hapless party.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024, 12:08:45 PM »
I saw the comment about the tow company having past issues with shady dealings.  And you are probably right about them being armed.

Just the idea that he would try to hook up on a running vehicle that is stopped at a traffic light sounds crazy.  Makes me wonder if it was some sort of car jacking/car theft attempt.  Doing a repo that way seems extra dangerous.  Would make more sense to follow until they stop somewhere and get out. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2024, 04:43:33 PM »
It might have been some kind of road rage encounter.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024, 08:39:58 PM »
I saw the comment about the tow company having past issues with shady dealings.  And you are probably right about them being armed.

Is there a tow company without a reputation for shady dealings?