Author Topic: The dog and the wife  (Read 40315 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: The dog and the wife
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2011, 09:41:02 PM »
In case any of the guys here were wondering if MrsSmith is really a female, I think she just eliminated all doubts. ;)

Enjoy the conversations, MrsSmith. They're not all as boring as electrical circuits. Sometimes AJDual posts photos of his crotch. He thinks he's a congressman.

It was actually just my armpit and a skin tag, but Monkeyleg will never let me live it down.
I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2011, 10:51:28 PM »
A sturdy red wine, a good dark stout or an IPA with upwards of 85 IBUs.

What was that beer we had at the fish place down by the Navy yard?

It was pretty good as I remember.   =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2011, 10:58:03 PM »
Who taught y'all to drink? Cherry flavored whiskey? Citrus flavored beer? If you're drinking with me it's going to be German beer or Canadian whiskey and if you don't like that, you're on your own. As to the rounds of ammo, I'll put them on the shopping list right under my gold dot.

In that case I'll take Köstritzer Schwarzbier.  And .45ACP 200gr +p Gold Dots.

Welcome!

(Happilly married here.  Not without disagreements, but still happy)
Formerly sumpnz

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »
What was that beer we had at the fish place down by the Navy yard?

It was pretty good as I remember.   =)

That was Scuttlebutt's.  Where they make one of my favorite beers ever: Scuttlebutt's Industrial IPA.  That is what I always order there. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2011, 11:52:03 PM »
That was Scuttlebutt's.  Where they make one of my favorite beers ever: Scuttlebutt's Industrial IPA.  That is what I always order there. 

Meh.  Scuttlebutt's unimpressive.  If you have a chance try Ninkasi Total Domination IPA.  Much more complex.
Formerly sumpnz

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2011, 12:14:40 AM »
Snort! Everyone can stop sucking their gut in now...................
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2011, 12:18:19 AM »
Snort! Everyone can stop sucking their gut in now...................

:laugh:  L

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2011, 12:28:21 AM »
Meh.  Scuttlebutt's unimpressive.  If you have a chance try Ninkasi Total Domination IPA.  Much more complex.

I have, and also the Tricerahops; both are very good.  The Scuttlebutt Industrial and Gale Force IPAs are much better (hoppier) than the standard Scuttlebutt IPA.  Although my current favorite that I can buy down the street at Safeway at a reasonable price is the BridgePort Hop Czar: an Imperial IPA at 85 IBU. 

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2011, 12:39:15 AM »
I have, and also the Tricerahops; both are very good.  The Scuttlebutt Industrial and Gale Force IPAs are much better (hoppier) than the standard Scuttlebutt IPA.  Although my current favorite that I can buy down the street at Safeway at a reasonable price is the BridgePort Hop Czar: an Imperial IPA at 85 IBU. 

Hop Czar is really good.  The Ninkasi is more refined though.  I can get the Ninkasi at the Food Pavilion in Woolley.
Formerly sumpnz

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2011, 06:25:19 AM »
Welcome aboard, MrsSmith!

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2011, 08:19:48 AM »
Welcome, MrsSmith....if that's who you really are.....  ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0356910/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 08:01:16 PM by seeker_two »
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2011, 08:53:29 AM »
Maybe she's this Mrs. Smith:

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2011, 10:24:54 AM »
I hope she's this Mrs. Smith:

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2011, 07:12:05 PM »
Way to go guys...  3 Posts and you already scared her off.  You'd of thought you brought up Zardoz or something. ;/
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2011, 08:03:04 PM »
Way to go guys...  3 Posts and you already scared her off.  You'd of thought you brought up Zardoz or something. ;/

I'll bet fistful PM'd her the Hoff.gif....  [barf]
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2011, 09:17:45 PM »
I'll bet fistful PM'd her the Hoff.gif....  [barf]

Be glad he did it via pm, rather then hit us all.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2011, 09:20:40 PM »
Didn’t scare me off, I was at the IDPA match followed by a late lunch and lie telling. And I was waiting to see how long y’all could suck in your stomachs (Good one Jamie B!). Especially you <ahem> beer snobs. Wonder how many calories THOSE things have! Care to swap waist sizes?

Not going to do the quote thing or this post will be a full page long. Y’all know what you wrote.

Monkeyleg – Pie? No. That would require me to use that thing, um, what’s it called again? Oh yeah, the oven. Not happening. And yep, I’m female. I supppose I could have hairy legs, a beer gut, and body odor and y’all wouldn’t know the difference, but that’s just gross.

Avenger – Weak tea would be stronger. Try tepid stagnant water. You’re welcome to be a member but I get to be president of the NGM(A) club. That’s Never Getting Married (Again). Dues is a box of cartridges. Oh, and a boat works better than a backhoe.

Scout – Can’t drink? Darlin’ I’m so sorry.

AJ – Really? Someone confused your crotch with your armpit? Do you suppose that might have anything to do with why your wife has a bit of an attitude toward you? Just a thought.

Sumpnz – Thanks for the welcome. You must be married, you’re very well trained (German beer and Gold Dot, as instructed…)  (too bad there isn’t a smiley icon for “giggle”)

Terry – Good to see you here too! Don’t tell them I’m actually a nice person, I’m having too much fun talking trash!

Seeker – Of course I’m not Mrs. Smith unless you count my M&P. Then again, it would probably do a better job than the last husband did, if I could teach it to change the oil and take out the trash. And no, fistful didn’t PM me anything. Not even sure who that is. But now I know not to open anything I might get from him. Thanks.

Gowen – No, I wasn’t scared, until I looked up Zardoz. Ugh. That was just creepy.

I noticed none of you bothered to wish me good luck with my match today. Typically male. “Oh, did you mention you’re shooting in your first IDPA match today with your new gun? Cool! Good luck!”
That’s okay. I did better than some, not as well as others, but I had a GREAT time! Scores should be up tomorrow and I’ll post them, even if I finished dead last (don’t think I did though). At least I didn’t get DQed for something stupid like the cop who muzzle flashed the SO between rounds.

Going to clean my gun now. See ya’ later!

Oh, and I'm THIS MrsSmnith - see attached.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2011, 09:26:21 PM »
Especially you <ahem> beer snobs. Wonder how many calories THOSE things have! Care to swap waist sizes?

Sumpnz – Thanks for the welcome. You must be married, you’re very well trained (German beer and Gold Dot, as instructed…)  (too bad there isn’t a smiley icon for “giggle”)

My 34" pants are getting loose again.  The bicycling to work and chopping wood is making a difference.  If you really want to see my booze snobbery get going ask about Single Malt Scotch.

And yes, I'm married (and therefore well trained - I've learned why SWMBO got that name).  Third baby is due in October.
Formerly sumpnz

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »
Sumpnz - good job on the waist size! I'd tell you mine but I have no idea. Not even really sure how much I weigh - I wear a size four and that's really all that matters.

Single Malt? As in Glenfiddich on a rock or two?

Congrats to you and the Mrs. on the new baby! Better you than me!

And it's been a long day. What's SWMBO?

America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2011, 09:55:33 PM »
Welcome.....

And what caliber is the M&P?

Glad you had fun at your match.

Oh, and .45 +p hornady tap would be welcome over here along with some Heinekin....
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2011, 09:57:23 PM »
SWMBO: She Who Must Be Obeyed.

I first heard the term on 'Blackadder' from the BBC, but it actually dates from a H. Rider Haggard novel published in 1886.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2011, 10:05:44 PM »
Beer snob?  Hey, I resemble that remark!  Lessee...size 36 in February, down to a loose 34 now, headed for a 32 by the end of July or thereabouts.  I was standing at the grill for a few hours this afternoon, constantly hitching my shorts up.  They kept wanting to drop around my ankles just standing there.  That wouldn't have been good for the neighbor lady across the back fence.  The laughing it would have provoked might have worsened her heart problems.
SWMBO is going to get me back down to fighting trim if it kills me.  And it just might.  She took away all my pogie bait and ice cream, so good microbrews are all that I have left for a decent vice.  I drew the line at that level of deprivation.  (Besides, how can one live in Oregon and not be a beer snob?)
Seriously though, my cholesterol levels were in vapor lock territory, hence the pogie bait going away.  Now they're back down where they should be.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 10:09:03 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
Didn’t scare me off, I was at the IDPA match followed by a late lunch and lie telling. And I was waiting to see how long y’all could suck in your stomachs (Good one Jamie B!). Especially you <ahem> beer snobs. Wonder how many calories THOSE things have! Care to swap waist sizes?

Life is too short for cheap, crappy beer.....and, in the tradition of the Chinese Buddha, fat means happy and lucky....and I'm probably the happiest, luckiest beer snob here....  =D

I noticed none of you bothered to wish me good luck with my match today. Typically male. “Oh, did you mention you’re shooting in your first IDPA match today with your new gun? Cool! Good luck!”

Never depend on luck when you have skill and mindset on your side....figured you had that cinched already....  :cool:

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2011, 10:31:09 PM »
The M&P family is a *expletive deleted*ing awesome thing S&W has going on. Love my M&P9...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2011, 10:33:25 PM »
waist size

I wear 32x34 jeans but only because of my logger legs.  I have to cinch up the waist with my belt.

=)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin