Author Topic: Diveeersity Training  (Read 3487 times)

CAnnoneer

• friend
Re: Diveeersity Training
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 09:32:55 PM »
Why can't companies just give people a slip of paper that reads, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and leave it at that?

I am afraid that is unacceptable. There are those that like being abused, punished, sodomized, mutilated etc. I don't want them applying the golden rule unto me. LOL

A better formulation is: "Back off and so will I."

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2007, 03:05:45 AM »
No, I agree, self-employment isn't all that bad. Yeah, I hate the self-employment tax too, but you don't have to put up with all the baloney of the workplace.

Self-employment has its disadvantages, but every time I hear someone complain about the backwards politically correct BS that's going on in their corporate office setting, I thank God I chose to start my own small business.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2007, 11:46:36 AM »
i've been sent to diversity/sensitivity training of a punitive/remedial nature a total of 5 times  3 times by aramark alone.  i believe thats a company record.  the best time was a joint banishment with charlie buckley  old boston irish master chief  retired   who got sent because we were both sexists.  23 year old girl running the deal  strfaight outa college.  they do the old go arounf the room introduce yourself thing  he said " i'm charlie buckley and i don't give a damn what anyone says  women have no buisness in management!"  it was all down hill from there

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2007, 12:32:36 PM »
Couple of years ago, I had a diversity beef laid on me...

Me.

A new site public relations person had me taking some photos at a company event.

She told the site boss (el grande honcho) that I hadn't taken a diverse enough group of pictures.

So he looked at the shots.

I shot a cross-section of the attendees. Tried to get at least one shot of everyone. I only had 5-6 shots of people of a particular race. That race was represented by the PR person, an HR person, and someone else who I don't remember, but who was a really nice person... She didn't seem too concerned about our folks of asian heritage, etc., etc...

Pretty damn sad. People are not individuals -they're things that comprise a group. Sad.

Blog under construction