Author Topic: Healthcare from Amazon: Amazon Care  (Read 1023 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Healthcare from Amazon: Amazon Care
« on: August 20, 2022, 11:32:14 AM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/amazon/amazons-health-ambitions-sometimes-clashed-with-medical-best-practices-nurses-say/

If some of the statements by the nurses are true, they make the risk manager go 'hmmm'.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Healthcare from Amazon: Amazon Care
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 12:26:19 PM »
I wonder how much of the Amazon Telehealth care is counterfeit... more, or less, than what's sold on Amazon marketplace...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 12:43:48 PM »
I wonder how much of the Amazon Telehealth care is counterfeit... more, or less, than what's sold on Amazon marketplace...

Getting your healthcare from a factory in China.  Good stuff or crap, all coming from a factory in China.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 03:12:05 PM »
I received a notice today that Amazon will now also be a prescription provider like Good Rx etc.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 05:38:58 PM »
Telehealth exists for me to tell them what is wrong and what I need so I can get the prescription for stuff I can’t buy like antibiotics. Anything more I’ll go to my actual doc but when I can’t get an appt for two weeks and I need something for this sinus infection today that’s where telehealth comes in. This would have been amazing when I was a kid and my yearly terrible ear infection or sinus infection that always struck at 4:00PM on a Friday happened.

My employer pays for us to have Teledoc free of charge and it’s great.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 08:05:56 PM »
I used telehealth (actually, the nurse practitioner at my doctor's office) once about 30 years ago.

I had a horrific dry hacking cough and nothing was touching it.

The first time I called she sent me to the pharmacy to buy OTC product X. Didn't do *expletive deleted*it.

Called back, she sent me back to buy product Y. Which also did not do *expletive deleted*it.

Called back the next morning, still trying to eject my lungs and rib case through my mouth and she wanted me to go to the pharmacy yet again to buy OTC product Z.

I absolutely lost my *expletive deleted*it, because products X, Y, and Z all had the same useless 'active ingredient' in the same freaking concentration.

I told her in no uncertain terms that it was time to write a freaking prescription for Tessalon Perles. She wasn't too happy about that, and was even less happy when I asked her how much more money I needed to waste on useless products before she'd admit defeat on my behalf.

When I got something similar a couple of years later? Screw the NP. I went to the doc in the box at the local pharmacy. Out in and out in 20 minutes with a prescription for Tessalon Perles and a back up for a narcotic cough syrup for night use.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 09:38:59 PM »
I used telehealth (actually, the nurse practitioner at my doctor's office) once about 30 years ago.

I had a horrific dry hacking cough and nothing was touching it.

The first time I called she sent me to the pharmacy to buy OTC product X. Didn't do *expletive deleted*it.

Called back, she sent me back to buy product Y. Which also did not do *expletive deleted*it.

Called back the next morning, still trying to eject my lungs and rib case through my mouth and she wanted me to go to the pharmacy yet again to buy OTC product Z.

I absolutely lost my *expletive deleted*it, because products X, Y, and Z all had the same useless 'active ingredient' in the same freaking concentration.

I told her in no uncertain terms that it was time to write a freaking prescription for Tessalon Perles. She wasn't too happy about that, and was even less happy when I asked her how much more money I needed to waste on useless products before she'd admit defeat on my behalf.

When I got something similar a couple of years later? Screw the NP. I went to the doc in the box at the local pharmacy. Out in and out in 20 minutes with a prescription for Tessalon Perles and a back up for a narcotic cough syrup for night use.

I tell them upfront that I’ve had it for four or five days trying to treat it with all kinds of OTC meds. I learned that fast otherwise they’d attempt the pitch for OTC meds if you didn’t. My ass needed to get better ASAP to get back to work not *expletive deleted*ck around with “oh try this for a week and be miserable when it doesn’t work”

I get a usually yearly horrible sinus infection, it has never once in my life been evicted with OTC stuff.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2022, 12:53:12 AM »
I tell them upfront that I’ve had it for four or five days trying to treat it with all kinds of OTC meds. I learned that fast otherwise they’d attempt the pitch for OTC meds if you didn’t. My ass needed to get better ASAP to get back to work not *expletive deleted*ck around with “oh try this for a week and be miserable when it doesn’t work”

I get a usually yearly horrible sinus infection, it has never once in my life been evicted with OTC stuff.

But have you tried the colloidal silver treatment?  CBD oil?  Powdered chicken testicle suppository? 
Formerly sumpnz

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2022, 07:46:49 AM »
Silver actually appears to have efficacy in controlling infection in wound healing... But for most of the tinfoil hat stuff? Nope.
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2022, 07:49:14 AM »
"I tell them upfront that I’ve had it for four or five days trying to treat it with all kinds of OTC meds."

Yeah, I did that.

The response "You tried product A? Well, try product X, some people respond to it better. You didn't respond to it? Well try product Y, you may respond to it better."

*expletive deleted*ing maddening. By the time product Z rolled around I could barely speak I'd so damaged my vocal cords.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2022, 07:54:46 AM »
Silver actually appears to have efficacy in controlling infection in wound healing... But for most of the tinfoil hat stuff? Nope.

Late 1800s there was a medication put in the eyes of newborns that was silver nitrate based. It virtually eliminated blindness caused by Gonorrhea bacteria, which was endemic at the time. It virtually eliminated newborn eye infections of all types.

Now days they use antibiotic drops.

Regarding silver and other infections, quite a few metals actually have antimicrobial properties. Copper, brass, silver, zinc, others, can kill critters.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2022, 08:04:26 AM »
My wife bought some colloidal silver after a friend recommended it. I carefully read the bottle and the ingredients/percentage used and just laughed. What a waste.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2022, 08:30:29 AM »
You can always tell the dedicated silver suckers...

They look bluish white. It's weird .

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2022, 12:33:53 PM »
You can always tell the dedicated silver suckers...

They look bluish white. It's weird .

Known a couple guys like that. 

Knew an old guy into colloidal gold.  He had a couple gold mines in the Oregon Cascades.  Strange but interesting guy.  Had a couple million in non-running cars and parts on his place.  And a pristine Ferrari 308. 
Formerly sumpnz

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2022, 03:24:53 PM »
Was his name Robin Masters?
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2022, 03:53:01 PM »
Was his name Robin Masters?

Nope.  Jim Edgar.  I think he passed away 15-20 years ago now.
Formerly sumpnz

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2022, 10:25:43 PM »
Nope.  Jim Edgar.  I think he passed away 15-20 years ago now.

That's strange.
IL-ANNOY had a governor by that name about 30 years ago.
I wonder if it was the same guy.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2022, 11:53:10 PM »
That's strange.
IL-ANNOY had a governor by that name about 30 years ago.
I wonder if it was the same guy.

Doubtful.  He was a car importer and far as I know lived most/all his adult life in Oregon.
Formerly sumpnz

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.